• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TR: A rebuttal to YPAP Fredric Fanthome by a new citizen and former PAP supporter

andrewyappang

Alfrescian
Loyal
December 12, 2009 by admin
Filed under Opinion

Leave a comment

EDITORS’ NOTE:

The below article by “citizen voice” was sent to us for publication by the author who described himself as a former PAP supporter. Of pertinent note is that he is not a “true-bred” Singaporean citizen, but a first-generation PR who had served national service and taken up Singapore citizenship. It was also posted on the P65 blog (comment 75)

Dear Fedric,

You have a gift of writing. You should spend time understanding the reasons and bases behind the “irrational rhetoric” as one commentator has put it.

Only the biggest FOOL will think such rhetoric is rubbish

You have not been brainwashed by the media in your lifetime, nor voices and lives controlled in every manner by the PAP to understand the citizen behavior. You are not in the continuum of true-bred citizen lives as you are dealing with the hearts and souls of the Nation. You will never understand the underhanded politics, the money politics and many polices the PAP use to control and stay in power.

For many citizens the release of pent-up frustration and anger, irrational as it may seem in the rhetoric of expression, which can only be released through cyberspace, is not something to be disregarded.

Your support of PAP, officiously and beguilingly, using your superb intellectual rationality of argument could be perhaps perceived as treason to the hearts of many true-bred citizens in this forum who value dearly the sacrosanct meaning of citizenship and nationhood.

Rationality of argument is one thing, the reality is another. If you are a lawyer, you will understand. Rational reasoning with misguide agenda or concealing hidden agenda is as deadly and dangerous in hand of people with immense power.

With your gift of writing you can help many true-bred citizens who are helpless against the powerful intellect of the PAP who, unfortunately, use guise of rational reason to justify their actions.

I hope one day you will be like a new true-bred citizen, perhaps a party leader for the citizens, bringing glory to the citizen once more as the great PAP did once upon a time.

Perhaps, one day you may and I hope you will use your gift properly.

I hope you are not one of those dogs in YPAP who serve as grass-root leader for self-interest (free HDB parking, priority of HDB selection, etc) as I know of many in my life-time.

I was a true PAP supporter for many years but now my loyalty is gone. I am not a true-bred citizen but I had served the army and can empathize with the feelings of many true-bred citizens. I am also thankful to the past Gov for giving my family a life which we may not have gotten in our native country. You may say I am the second generation voice.

This is my first time I wrote in the forum. Why did I write?

So please read on what I have written if you want to know. I may not have the polish of your writing, the prose and style, the rationality of your thoughts as it was written with my heart, feelings and empathy with the citizens.

Article from Temasek Review

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
December 12, 2009 by admin
Filed under Opinion

Leave a comment

So please read on what I have written if you want to know. I may not have the polish of your writing, the prose and style, the rationality of your thoughts as it was written with my heart, feelings and empathy with the citizens.

Article from Temasek Review

Was there a 2nd part writings?