• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top 10 Handphone (Singapore)

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You not lying?? I used Sony Ericksson phone, when it was eric son to sony eric son...

It has the worse battery life span of any hp sets...the model you have, the joy stick with long usuage usually gets stuck or come off..

Nope i m not... All the later model up lorry xcept the T630. Various SE/Nokia/Samsung/HTC... Joystick still working perfectly fine too...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Nokia E71 which i am using has very very good battery standby time of 5days at least is no problems. Also it's a very good smartphone...

I am using the Nokia E71 too, a good phone...simple usable smartphone, nothing fanciful...good battery life:wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got a SE W810i. When it first came out it cost $800 but bought it when the price was $400 something. By then it was an older model, but it's a quality product & not a buggy version 1.0.

I like the small size & quality of the phone. No problems whatsoever except the battery is getting weak with age.

I travel to the 3rd world & I don't believe in carrying a flashy phone that might invite trouble. In the 3rd world many features like 3G, data,... isn't available.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope i m not... All the later model up lorry xcept the T630. Various SE/Nokia/Samsung/HTC... Joystick still working perfectly fine too...

Had the SE T68 & 610 the weakpoint is the joystick. Would get dust problems:(

Finally ended up with a SE W810i, no problem with the joystick.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While we are at it, any recommendations where have honest and good mobile phone sellers? Buying without signing lines one...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Had the SE T68 & 610 the weakpoint is the joystick. Would get dust problems:(

Finally ended up with a SE W810i, no problem with the joystick.

Think i noe y it isn't giving much problem... tat's becoz i seldom use the joystick much after a while...nothing much to play so end up oni make/recd call n sum smsing... I got tthe W800...i think...the very 1st orange SE walkman phone. Last me slightly more then a yr nia...

Now i still using N85+Itouch 64GB combo. Both sux 2 the core...3 more mths b4 i can recontract my phone...it's either Andriod or simple phone+Itouch combo... since iphone 4 had widespread cumplain on the reception problem...:biggrin::biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now i still using N85+Itouch 64GB combo. Both sux 2 the core...3 more mths b4 i can recontract my phone...it's either Andriod or simple phone+Itouch combo... since iphone 4 had widespread cumplain on the reception problem...:biggrin::biggrin:

I notice that simple phones are now cheap but I think quality is down because many companies are cutting corners with the economic downturn.

Don't know if there's really a reception problem with the iPhone4 or just a problem with the number of bars the phone is showing :confused:
Whatever the case you can bet that Apple is working on a fix for it. I always avoid version 1.0 of any product.

By the time the Iphone 4 is officially available in Spore it should be ok & it'll be android vs iPhone

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't know if there's really a reception problem with the iPhone4 or just a problem with the number of bars the phone is showing :confused:
Whatever the case you can bet that Apple is working on a fix for it. I always avoid version 1.0 of any product.

By the time the Iphone 4 is officially available in Spore it should be ok & it'll be android vs iPhone

You can google it. Esp in Youtube... Also...google for reply frm Apple... I dun find the explanation...acceptable. Some say the problem cannot be resolve by an OS update alone... It had 2 b Iphone 4.01 not IOS 4.01... wait n c lor...:biggrin::biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How about Nokia N86? anyone using this phone? being thinking on getting one.:smile:

I hab not use N86 but frm wat i noe...de biggest difference btn 86 n 85 are 5mp vs 8mp cam...My N85 have got oni 1 major problem...phone restart whenever i slide to ans randomly...but then again...i oso did sumting funny...i hack the phone n install garmin gps...:biggrin::biggrin:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me still using this, but battery starting to become koyak liao!

Microtac_8700_MOTOROLA.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
isint the battery for the iphone sealed? there is no way to change it, so wat would an external battery do?

Wah piang eh!!!!

Yeah the iphone battery cannot be removed unless you have intimiate knowledge of the inside of the phone and have a screw driver.

Still you can connect an external battery and charge up the inside battery of the iphone isn't it? Shouldn't that be simple knowledge?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guys guys pls look at the thread title. Top 10 phones in sg.

Obviously these are mostly the latest phones that came out last year or this year or maybe 2 yrs ago. Why are you ppl mentioning phones like 8800 nokia that came out ages ago?

Yeah hey it's common knowledge some ppl just need a damn phone with sms feature and that's it, still that's out of topic with the damn thread title. I was like wtf. Following this kind of logic when someone asks in future what are the top 10 cars in sg. Hey i guess someone should mention an ancient honda accord or who knows maybe a lorry or a taxi could also suffice and then give the reason who needs a nice flashy car? Just put in some diesel or cooking oil and the vehicle moves and hey that's fine!

Lastly about data plan. Look there are many economic plans available. m1 has free 12GB worth of data. Just sign up for that plan then! It's not like the old days where telecos can rake up bills thousands and thousands of dollars. You want to use data and not pay dearly sign up for a damn plan. You don't want to then take note, keep track of how much data you use. Do you leave the lights and leave the tap water in your home running and just waste them and then lament when you have a high bill at the end of the month?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
indeed you can buy power adapters like the one below.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30336

sku_30336_1_small.jpg

yeah that's right there are a whole host of external batteries for the iphone some of them are even shaped like an iphone cover. This should be common sense yet there are ppl whom cannot even grasp such a simple concept and asked me how do you use external battery when iphone's battery cannot be removed. :rolleyes: You really have to think how do they function mentally.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah that's right there are a whole host of external batteries for the iphone some of them are even shaped like an iphone cover. This should be common sense yet there are ppl whom cannot even grasp such a simple concept and asked me how do you use external battery when iphone's battery cannot be removed. :rolleyes: You really have to think how do they function mentally.

Aiyah, calm down, some people don't know can do USB charging mah. They think must plug into laptop/power socket then can do charging mah. You ask a cha bo if they know about USB external battery. See how is their reaction? Most would say "Got this kind of thing meh?"