• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Toddler Needs 200 Stitches After Dog Attack

N

Nu Wa

Toddler Needs 200 Stitches After Dog Attack

2:37pm Friday September 10, 2010

A toddler is recovering in hospital after receiving 200 stitches to his face following an attack by his grandmother's dog.

15724696.jpg

Joshua was stroking the family collie when he was attacked

Joshua Mann, two, was mauled by the family collie as he stroked the animal. Horrific pictures show the extent of Joshua's injuries, with deep scars crisscrossing his face. His family have been told he will have to endure further surgery before he can return home to Brockworth, near Gloucester.

15724698.jpg

Joshua will need more surgegy

His mother, Lisa Mann, 23, said she was shocked when she first saw her bloodied son in hospital. "I thought he was going to die. He looked in so much pain," she said.

15724697.jpg

Joshua before the attack

"All I wanted to do was pick him up and hold him, but I wasn't allowed." The attack took place on Saturday when Joshua was at his grandparents' farm in Andoversford, near Cheltenham. "Joshua was stroking the sheep dog, Rossie, when she jumped up and latched onto his face. Rossie pulled him to the ground and wouldn't release him," Miss Mann said.

"His dad and others ran over and started punching the dog to get him to let go." While many dog attacks that grab the headlines are by illegal breeds such as pitbulls, the family said this incident was a warning to others that all dogs can be dangerous.

15724699.jpg

Joshua's mother said she thought he "going to die"

"You just need to be more aware, if a dog is not brought up around children, if they're not used to them, they can just go," she said. "People naturally think it's pitbulls, rottweilers and the other dangerous breeds, but this was a collie. It's not usual that a collie would do this, but he wasn't brought up with children and snapped," she said. A RSPCA spokeswoman stressed that dangerous dogs "are not defined by breed".

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is why i think there should be massive tax for people who have pet dogs and cats to prevent them from harming their family and community.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very sad event. Some things that come to mind -

1. A (normal) dog's instinct is to protect anyone/thing it has come to identify as one of the "pack."

2. Every dog, no matter what breed, has its own termperament and personality. It's owner is solely responsible for the pooch's actions.

3. Young children and dogs (and most other pets) should never be left alone together; the dog's owner must be around.

4. People who decide to own a dog should take it upon themselve to fucking read up a little on the subject of ownership. It is about time the Kennel Clubs all over the world do something about this and not let the Pet Industry take the lead. And the courts at the same time empower these Kennel Clubs to have some muscle to enforce practices on responsible pet ownership.

All said, the further away I get from society, the better I feel.

Cheers!