• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TJS: PM Lee is wrong again

jw5

Loyal
Even in these 3 small paragraphs, the following is rich with association of names and important places

- Gallup
- World Happiness Report
- Ministry of Trade and Industry
- Yahoo

These 4 are funny.......................

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. I doubt the same lot will be associated with him come 2016.

TJS appears to be very isolated these days. In the SDP, he seemed close to Ang and Michelle. When he ran for President, Michelle but not Ang helped him. Lately, I have been hearing that Michelle has gone over to WP, a place that would not accept TJS, and she has not been seen hanging around him. The NSP gang who helped TJS, especially Nicole and Jeannette, are also hardly seen with him. After the PE, he stuck with Ben Pwee and the rest of the ex-SPP guys, but this seems to have stopped as well.

No matter how impressive he is publicly, in private he might have done or said many things to put people away from in.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am rather surprised and disappointed that he has turned out to be like this. When he first broke upon the scene, I was rather impressed by his background, qualifications and experience. But as they say, give a man rope enough, and he'll hang himself. I think he's carried away by his own ego enlarged by all that popular affection, it went to his head. Given the political temperament of the day, any monkey would have caught some of that adulatory fever. A man like TJS ought to have known how much of it would stick to him and how fast it could rub off if he is proven to be a dud eventually. Sad he has turned out to be a self-preening vain cock seeking self-glory.

I agree with you but I was never impressed with him from the start. He flaunted his PPE degree and experience as if he is the king of economic know-how. Who the Beep is Lord Butler? His paper is ok, but what's it to be endoresed by Lord Butler? Butler is an undemocratically elected member and not an esteemed economist like even William Easterly, Ha-Joon Chang, Joseph Stiglitz, Paul Krugman, etc and he continues to flaunt his "endorsed by Lord Butler" paper.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you but I was never impressed with him from the start. He flaunted his PPE degree and experience as if he is the king of economic know-how. Who the Beep is Lord Butler? His paper is ok, but what's it to be endoresed by Lord Butler? Butler is an undemocratically elected member and not an esteemed economist like even William Easterly, Ha-Joon Chang, Joseph Stiglitz, Paul Krugman, etc and he continues to flaunt his "endorsed by Lord Butler" paper.

Doggie, starting your shift early? Or it has been the same time all along?

I am keeping you under a close watch. As usual finishing your night shift at 8am tomorrow?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doggie, starting your shift early? Or it has been the same time all along?

I am keeping you under a close watch. As usual finishing your night shift at 8am tomorrow?

Wow methink bro, you sure are steffychun's nemesis, stalking him evrywhere and every post he makes.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is now 8.15am. The doggie stuffychute, as usual has knocked off!

[h=3]
users_online.png
Currently Active Users[/h]There are currently 777 users online. 47 members and 730 guests
Most users ever online was 9,540, 15-02-2012 at 10:46 PM.

[h=3]
forum_stats.png
Sam's Alfresco Coffee Statistics[/h]<dl style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><dt style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: inline; ">Threads</dt> <dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: inline; ">97,170</dd> <dt style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: inline; ">Posts</dt> <dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: inline; ">1,029,450</dd> <dt style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: inline; ">Members</dt><dd style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: inline; ">32,649</dd></dl>Welcome to our newest member, ahbuinehneh

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
TJS appears to be very isolated these days. In the SDP, he seemed close to Ang and Michelle. When he ran for President, Michelle but not Ang helped him. Lately, I have been hearing that Michelle has gone over to WP, a place that would not accept TJS, and she has not been seen hanging around him. The NSP gang who helped TJS, especially Nicole and Jeannette, are also hardly seen with him. After the PE, he stuck with Ben Pwee and the rest of the ex-SPP guys, but this seems to have stopped as well.

No matter how impressive he is publicly, in private he might have done or said many things to put people away from in.

i have not heard any news about Michelle jumping over to WP... on the contrary Jarred Luo has hopped over or tried to

murphy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why GMS is staying away from this thread? Is he not intellectual enough?

Afterall, GMS is a self style political analyst!

Last edited:

murphy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't help but each time my eyes tend to read the title of the thread as " Re: TJS is wrong again"!
exactly what my head and heart tell me!

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Jee Say said:
I had replied that I studied economics at Oxford and later headed economic planning at Singapore’s Ministry of Trade and Industry...

With the addition of the name-dropping post from Scroobal, I had this question that had been bothering me since 2011 GE. "Who are the pace-makers of Singapore?" Beside the old man and his familee, who else had the say in the policy-making directions our our country. Had a hunch that even PM Lee is just a muppet of these people. Among the cabinet ministers, I don't think anyone have enough brain power to come up with many of the policies that we are having past and present.

An indication of the amount of brain-power + connections has been shown from TJS, who came up with an alternative economic plan shown in the last GE. How he is being ejected from the govt's think-tank will be a mystery to me. And there are others like him... these people hide behind the masks of politicians and are in control of the pulse of our country. We may be misdirecting our guns at the wrong guys... TJS will not be a threat to the country - even if he is elected.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho, I believe that we are now on auto-pilot from the policies of Old Man's era. Many of them are now having hard time moving ahead ( HDB pricing due to assets creation/loyalty building, loose immig policy/falling birthrates of Chinese & Indians..) becos the very architects who dreamed them are now retired, and our current fresh fries of leaders incl. the son, are mere pen pushers who have not the same conviction as the old man. That's why they are having a hard time explaining to the people and getting their acceptance. I dont think there are many policies that are conceived by the current gen leadership. There are no Lim Kim Sans, Goh Keng swees, or Hon Sui Sens in the current Cabinet. Even the son is over-rated.

I dont think bros here are saying TJS is not qualified. Rather it is his self-pomposity and self preening peacock behaviour that is putting people off.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think bros here are saying TJS is not qualified. Rather it is his self-pomposity and self preening peacock behaviour that is putting people off.

I think he is just trying to stay in the limelight till the next GE or PE. Maybe he is trying too hard?