• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tiger Airways- near accident and poor customer service

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

This is to share with you a bad experience that happened last night and I want to take this chance to voice out my dissapointment about Tiger Airways poor handling of customer service.

last night, i sent my mum off on flight TR 7593( can't remember off hand if this is the correct number) from Shen Zhen airport to Singapore. The flight time was 2335 departing from SZ and arriving Singapore 0315 am.

After sending her off, I went on a business trip and to my horror, I was informed by my siblings that the flight was returned due to techincal problem.

What was frustrating was that I couldn't find any informaiton of the flight delay and the arrangement. Nothing was communciated on the website and When I called Tiger airways customer service, the chap told me that they have NO info of any trip curtailment or changes and he told me that the Flight had landed safely in Singapore, which was not the case. He told me that I should be calling the SZ airport instead. When I called up SZ airport, I was told that Tiger airways did not inform them of any cancellations or curtailment. Imagine the anxiety of not being able to locate your love ones during these times.

Here's the scarely part of the techical problem :

The reason according to what i was told was that the wheel of the plane fell off and they were force to circle and drop fuel before landing on a grass patch. My mum told me that the cabin crew were so shaken and couldn't even do the annoucement to put on safety belt properly. The plane was eventually being towed back to the airport from where it force landed.

The flight was suppose to land in SG at 315 but because of this mishap, they ended up putting passenger back to SZ hotel at around 4am. Can you imagine the ordeal of the passenger.

Here is what I feel about the whole event:

Positve

1) Credit goes to the pilot for do a safe landing despite having problems with the wheels/landing gear( got to verify the story from Tiger)

2) At least hotels were arranged in SZ for the stranded passengers

Negatives:

1) Total lack of sensitivity - No annoucement on Tigers website , not even the customer service were aware of this . What was crazy was that the guy on the phone even told me that it had landed safely in Singapore. He was very impatient when he explain to me.

2) No news about this- I've just read sTraits times online but I have yet to read any reporting about this.

3) I have read a few incidents previously about how Tiger didn't handle delays or cancellations well and it causes unhappiness to travellers. What I don't understand is why does the Top management not improve the customer service and be proactive and sensitve in handling these issues?

This flight was booked during May holiday and it doesn't come cheap- Paid total of $749 singapore dollars for a 3 days return trip for 1 passenger. The fare is nothing budget but the experience certainly is.

I'm grateful to the pilot and crew for ensuring the safety of my mum and all the passenger but I must say that I've given up on Tiger Airways. My family members and I have all agreed that we will never take Tiger Airways again.

I hope this story reaches the Top management of Tiger ( CEO Tony Davis) and wish that they will put themselves in our shoes and imagine the anxiety of being treated by such poor customer handling.

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha Good one!

Really disappointing how insensitive they are to such events. I guess they are too focus on reducing cost to make money.. How can the wheel or gear have problem, aren't there sufficient pre flight checks? Try calling the so call customer service, the guy on the phone sound like someone on a vacation job- not trained and very blunt in reply- NO , I didn't get any news about delay, NO. NO. NO.

Damn $749 for a flight with wheel/gear problem in mid air! Thank god no one was hurt.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMG_0879.jpg

S

Sima Yi

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.