• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This painting here fetched 75 million

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sotheby's sold a Mark Rothko abstract for $75 million on Tuesday in a contemporary-art auction whose total of $375 million surpassed any in its company history. Fittingly, the Rothko painting is titled, "No. 1 (Royal Red & Blue)."

The sale of the 1954 Rothko - with its floating red, pink and blue rectangles - pushed the auction house's sale total over the $362 million it got from a similar evening sale in May 2008 that marked the peak of the last market cycle. It's unclear whether Tuesday's performance amounts to a similar cresting, but in the short term it could boost collectors' confidence in art values especially after last week's disappointing sales of Impressionist and modern art.

$75 Million Rothko Leads Sotheby's Record Setting Sale - Wall Street Journal

Mark-Rothko%E2%80%99s-1954-No.1-Royal-Red-and-Blue-2.jpg

Wow! It is breathtaking!

Mark-Rothko1-Royal-Red-Blue.jpg

Here's a closer view... note the colors... remarkable! What a genius Rothko was. What a talent! :rolleyes:

The bidders... what a sophisticated bunch... highly educated I'm sure! :rolleyes:

I.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
awesome, it worths at least thousands times than this forum, Ah Leong should be a painter instead....

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Indonesian painter painted my wall like this. I scolded him and told him to make the colour more even. Now i regret.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The greatest irony is while this bunch of retards consider that piece of joke a masterpiece, Game designers who literally design worlds beyond imagination aren't consider artists in the West