• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This one talking about our MIW....

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
pc_600x450.jpg

A study conducted by Harvard University says Singaporeans would only say sorry if they have committed a serious mistake, reported Chinese daily Lianhe Wanbao.

Apparently, this makes Singaporeans one of the least apologetic people in the world.

According to the study, the word “sorry” carries different definitions for people from different countries.

For example, people from Hong Kong are so used to saying “sorry” that it has become a kind of a formality.

Similarly, people from the UK have used the word so excessively that it has become one of the most common words used in daily life.

The Japanese say sorry when they’ve made a mistake or when they see misfortune - even if the event does not concern them, according to the article in Lianhe Wanbao.

According to the data from the study, the Japanese use the word sorry about 11.05 times a week, while people from the US say it 4.51 times a week.

Koreans link the word “sorry” to “this is my fault” or “I should not have done that”. They are similar to folks in the US who only use the word if they believe they are in the wrong.

Singaporeans on the other hand treat the word very seriously and would only use it if they have made a serious mistake.

Some mental health websites say one of the reasons why folks may shy away from saying sorry is because they feel admitting to a mistake makes them a bad person in general - which obviously is not true.

Many say the ability to recognise your mistakes quickly, apologise and to move on is a great skill that will be useful for leading a better life.

But of course - constantly apologising for trivial matters can be quite irritating, no?

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
An Ah beng once told me, That by saying sorry you will xia suay yourself. Another True story.

In this stupid cuntry, it is all about covering your ass. Doing the right thing simply means covering your ass. If you say sorry, you take all the responsibility for the shit that happened. Sinkies are survivalists and survivalists cannot afford to be sorry.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in sinkielan, saying sorry means lose face big time ...

even make mistakes, oso never admit ... so, where got say sorry ...

me apologise if u tink me has done wrong ... dat means u tink me has done wrong oni, hor, but me never tink me has done any wrong, hor! ...

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this stupid cuntry, it is all about covering your ass. Doing the right thing simply means covering your ass. If you say sorry, you take all the responsibility for the shit that happened. Sinkies are survivalists and survivalists cannot afford to be sorry.

But didn't one bugger, somewhere in MAY 2011, said SORRY, almost at the last minute and also waved his hands in doing so?

Wayang for wayang and too many of them, makes one unable to differentiate which is pure wayang and which is just wayang! LOL

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one more reason why this country will never progress to real First World status.

Admission of mistake is prerequisite for improvement. Otherwis you're running in circles, as what we are doing now.

When the leaders openly makes mistakes and refuses to say sorry, it cascades....

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
But didn\\\\\\\'t one bugger, somewhere in MAY 2011, said SORRY, almost at the last minute and also waved his hands in doing so?

Wayang for wayang and too many of them, makes one unable to differentiate which is pure wayang and which is just wayang! LOL

He is a special case. When a person does a half-fucked job and still gets paid a king\'s ransom, he can pretty much say whatever he likes. There are plenty of stupid people willing to believe BS.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apologizing is a loss of face, and shows one's weakness.

Most Sinkies had learnt from the old fossil cunt very well:

lky-2.jpg

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the standing order in my company is _ "never say sorry to the client - if need to say, talk to our lawyer first"

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
nahbeh, sorry the word is often abused.
this fellow took my seat,said sorry. took my umbrella, said sorry. cut queue, said sorry. talk and the saliva pours out, said sorry.
overtake me on the fast escalator, said sorry. took my seat, said sorry....went in first before me, said sorry...

nahbeh sorry got any meaning meh! do wrong, said sorry. do bad deeds, said sorry....mugged and said sorry...caused death said sorry...caused injuries, said sorry....got any more meaning left for SORRY!!!...no meaning liao!!! wasted word in fact.

now i go everywhere i don't look at people....kwasimi!!!!...and they start a fight!!! Sorry my foot!