• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is the real hard truth of LKY

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you disclose your assets and capital gains that you're willing to liquidate in sg and transfer to the adoptive country, they will welcome you. many countries, including the u.s., make exceptions or provide special visas for those with over usd1m. do it expediently, before thresholds are increased to usd2m. :biggrin:

Regarding these special VISAs, do you have to keep it in some selected investment with a lock-in period:confused:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's not an illusion if you cash out, emigrate, and invest your profit in a better property on a real piece of land with a real view.

Bro eatshitndie, if you do not migrate, then it will remain an illusion right? :confused: :*:

How many percent of Singaporeans actually migrated? :rolleyes: :p

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why restrict yourself to a narrow speciality. When I first arrived in OZ, I mowed lawns for a living.

Boss Sam, did Centerlink arrange that job for you? :confused:

Australia's Centerlink will help arrange job opportunities for new migrants. :wink:

Can also join the queue to get allowance too! :smile:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Boss Sam, did Centerlink arrange that job for you? :confused:

Australia's Centerlink will help arrange job opportunities for new migrants. :wink:

Can also join the queue to get allowance too! :smile:

It wasn't a job and I hadn't even heard of centerlink.

I put an ad in the local newspaper and dropped flyers in the letterboxes in my neighborhood.

A handful called me and I gave them a quote and they accepted it as it was bloody cheap.

Most paid me cash after each cut.

Word spread and my customer base grew.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Regarding these special VISAs, do you have to keep it in some selected investment with a lock-in period:confused:

for the u.s., there's the immigration thru' investment program. usd0.5m for ulu areas and usd1m for urban areas. i explained this program in greater detail in the emigration folder. after one to two years, you can apply for pr. need to hire 10 locals during the short period of investment. can resell business after getting pr. thousands of indians and prc chinese are doing this today.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro eatshitndie, if you do not migrate, then it will remain an illusion right?

i would become richer on paper with more properties than i am in the u.s. today. and if i were to cash out today, i would be able to afford more properties in the u.s. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
you can get a fast food franchise and open up an eatery in a midsize town. a lot of hot latinas are willing to work for you. :p

In the suburbs of OZ, lawn mowing is the way to go. $25 per lawn for a standard quarter acre section x 6 lawns a day x 20 days a month = $3000. Each lawn only takes about 20 minutes and that includes edge trimming.

No office politics, no staffing problems, very little paperwork.

It was easy money. The biggest problems I faced was nasty weather and viscous magpies.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It wasn't a job and I hadn't even heard of centerlink.

I put an ad in the local newspaper and dropped flyers in the letterboxes in my neighborhood.

A handful called me and I gave them a quote and they accepted it as it was bloody cheap.

Most paid me cash after each cut.

Word spread and my customer base grew.

Boss Sam, respect! :smile: :wink:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i would become richer on paper with more properties than i am in the u.s. today. and if i were to cash out today, i would be able to afford more properties in the u.s. :biggrin:

Bro eatshitndie, that is very true especially the price of SG properties has skyrocketted while those in the US have nose dived. :eek:

Most migrants who cahsed out earlier - all lose out. :o :(

I could be another million richer had I cashed out now instead of a few years earlier. :mad: :mad:

Still, I am happy. Enough is enough. Too much will also bring along another set of problem. :eek:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Boss Sam, respect! :smile: :wink:

Reserve the respect for migrants who spend time applying for jobs, going for interviews, handling insults and rejections, being told their English sucks and they talk funny. It takes a tough nut to go down that route and succeed.

What I did was the easy option to earning a living. It was the path of least resistance. All I needed to do was buy a lawnmower and an edge trimmer and a jerry can holding a day's worth of fuel.

Total outlay was about $3000 including a trailer to tow my equipment. An advert cost me $40. Printing flyers was done on my Mac. What is there to respect?:rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the suburbs of OZ, lawn mowing is the way to go. $25 per lawn for a standard quarter acre section x 6 lawns a day x 20 days a month = $3000. Each lawn only takes about 20 minutes and that includes edge trimming.

No office politics, no staffing problems, very little paperwork.

It was easy money. The biggest problems I faced was nasty weather and viscous magpies.

most of the folks in california doing professional yard work today are mexicans and vietnamese. they are willing and hardworking. toughest season is from late summer when weather is hot to autumn when leaves pile up and branches need trimming. we call them "gardeners" but they hardly do gardening. they mow the lawn and clear leaves twice a month for usd100. all it takes per yard is 20 to 30 minutes. for additional work such as blowing and trimming, it's another usd100. with a dozen yards per day and 300 yards per month, a 2-man team can rake in usd15,000 a month.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for the u.s., there's the immigration thru' investment program. usd0.5m for ulu areas and usd1m for urban areas. i explained this program in greater detail in the emigration folder. after one to two years, you can apply for pr. need to hire 10 locals during the short period of investment. can resell business after getting pr. thousands of indians and prc chinese are doing this today.

Just curious:smile:
I've never really considered emigrating to the US. There are of course many nice places there but I find it more comfortable in Canada.

The Canadian seem more open to emigrants. Many of them still have ties to the old country:smile:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious:smile:
I've never really considered emigrating to the US. There are of course many nice places there but I find it more comfortable in Canada.

The Canadian seem more open to emigrants. Many of them still have ties to the old country:smile:

I seriously doubt there is much difference between the two. But the major negatives for me about Canada are the excessive cold and, because many places do not have a critical mass of people, the relative isolation.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

long winters, remote population centers, not too convenient when you start getting old and immobile. you may like it in the early years, but after some time, you'll get tired of shoving snow and scraping ice off your windshield. cities and suburbs without the hassle of brutal winters would be better for old age and retirement. vancouver. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I seriously doubt there is much difference between the two. But the major negatives for me about Canada are the excessive cold and, because many places do not have a critical mass of people, the relative isolation.

there are at least a dozen canadians working in my office. one of them survived a devastating tornado that ripped thru' edmonton.