• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This Forum is going downhill...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just learn how to live in a forum such as here, ignore what you do not like. Everybody has their own opinion, no one has to agree with anyone all the time. If you believe and understand what is freedom of expression is all about then you wont be suggesting someone to tell you what you can or cannot do or say.

Believe me, you'll be a happier person if you learn how and when to ignore rather than suggesting moderation. Rules and regulations will only sterile the forum, havent you have enough in real life? And remember all humans are bias, there's no surety moderators wont be.

There was a good thread talking about this forum being a wall, for anyone to paste anything, to a highly regulated public forum. Yes, you can say, ignore, everyone has their own opinion etc. I value that, but not to the detriment of others. An opinion can be valued, true or false, agreed or disagreed, if properly put forward in a clear concise manner. Shouting, harassing, spamming, are just not valid behaviour. Just think back to all the LeeTahBar threads with pictures and pages of spams in his thread. Even if he had a point to make, its lost in all those "white" noise. No one ever bothers looking through them knowing how bad it can get. Moderations are needed just because anyone can be an idiot in an online forum like this.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kiddo,

To start with, this thread was always a tongue-in-cheek. :p

I agree with you, this being an open forum, anything goes.

But hey, Sam is actually acting on some of our peeves and tweaking the forum setup.

Let's see where it goes from here, enjoy while it lasts! :biggrin:

Maxi,

There're always threads like this and there always will be. I believe Sam too believe in freedom of expression which he hosted this forum based on. There isnt much to tweak, you'll miss the fun if things get sterile.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a good thread talking about this forum being a wall, for anyone to paste anything, to a highly regulated public forum. Yes, you can say, ignore, everyone has their own opinion etc. I value that, but not to the detriment of others. An opinion can be valued, true or false, agreed or disagreed, if properly put forward in a clear concise manner. Shouting, harassing, spamming, are just not valid behaviour. Just think back to all the LeeTahBar threads with pictures and pages of spams in his thread. Even if he had a point to make, its lost in all those "white" noise. No one ever bothers looking through them knowing how bad it can get. Moderations are needed just because anyone can be an idiot in an online forum like this.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> I guess you are still unhappy but never mind. It doesnt matters what others says or has to say. Words sometimes hurt but it cant kill, it'll not be detrimental to anyone.

If you cant agree to disagree, cant accept opinion differences and cant ignore virtually, just identify those nicks and use the ignore function then you wont get to see their post at all and you'll be happier.

Trolls, flamers with profanity, flame baits, nuisance whatever like it not there always will be. Idiots or not it's their style, they just want to have fun and that's what they are like it or not. So long as you ignore, they'll die off after a while.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> I guess you are still unhappy but never mind. It doesnt matters what others says or has to say. Words sometimes hurt but it cant kill, it'll not be detrimental to anyone.

If you cant agree to disagree, cant accept opinion differences and cant ignore virtually, just identify those nicks and use the ignore function then you wont get to see their post at all and you'll be happier.

Trolls, flamers with profanity, flame baits, nuisance whatever like it not there always will be. Idiots or not it's their style, they just want to have fun and that's what they are like it or not. So long as you ignore, they'll die off after a while.

wah lau eh, die off? can u remember those times? almost every post will have a faggot screaming ejay this or cheating housewife that. and then the rest will have this sinkie loser shouting must be balless sinkie must be balless sinkie.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah lau eh, die off? can u remember those times? almost every post will have a faggot screaming ejay this or cheating housewife that. and then the rest will have this sinkie loser shouting must be balless sinkie must be balless sinkie.

Well, they died off eventually, not around anymore isnt it?

jw5

Loyal
Bob has also met up with Lamei, CTL, NEJ, Cleareyes, Locke, GMS et al in real life. He has also hosted CBA when she came over from Australia. Not to forget LPPL was wanted to bash him up at his own front door and the police had to called in. The adventures of Bob has been quite colourful.
So do you know who are the real life enemies of LTB in this forum who are posting caricature pictures and vulgarities whenever he posts?

jw5

Loyal
po2wq,

From what I see, seems like 400 reputation points is the threshold to cross to become an Alfrescian (Inf).

Can some kind soul up me points? I'm at 391 points.:(

Please. :p:p:p
Some kind soul did up your points. You are now an "Inf". :smile:

At first, I thought it was those who got infracted. Went to the folder and didn't see being infracted.
I concluded that it must stand for "Infantile". :smile:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It was moved because Delphi management interfered with my editorial policy.

And delphi classified your old site as an adult site because spammers like leetahbar posted pictures of anuses, and both he and his detractors kept polluting the forum with pictures of snakes, pigs, and faeces.

Your editorial policy should be to keep spammers out because they drive traffic down over time.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
And delphi classified your old site as an adult site because spammers like leetahbar posted pictures of anuses, and both he and his detractors kept polluting the forum with pictures of snakes, pigs, and faeces.

Your editorial policy should be to keep spammers out because they drive traffic down over time.

I had no issue with the classification. The issue I had was with the interference from Delphi management. Even Gay bashing wasn't permitted by Delphi and some members who took the resident faggot to task had their nicks banned.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I had no issue with the classification. The issue I had was with the interference from Delphi management. Even Gay bashing wasn't permitted by Delphi and some members who took the resident faggot to task had their nicks banned.

That's horrendous!

What's the point of having a forum if we cannot even laugh at Leetahbar and Ramseth gobbling each other's cocks?

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam's coffee shop never closed. All it did was move to a different location.

It was moved because Delphi management interfered with my editorial policy.

did they also interfere with other delphiforums? there are so many which don't seem to have that kind of problems.

perhaps netizens fr singapore are the worst kinds that cannot take on arguments or proper sharing of opinions.

my own free forum in delphi doesn't encounter such problem. maybe the same spammers and trolls fr your site haven't discovered it yet.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
my own free forum in delphi doesn't encounter such problem. maybe the same spammers and trolls fr your site haven't discovered it yet.

I still have one forum running on Delphi and it never had any problems either. It all the depends on the genre of the forum and the sorts of characters that contribute. The fact that many members of the Delphi forum actually complained to Walt Howe about the content of the forum didn't help matters.

The coffee shop was a free-for-all and many of the posts were slanderous, blasphemous and bigoted and at least 20% of the content violated the Delphi TOS at http://www.delphiforums.com/agreement.htm

I therefore didn't have a leg to stand on. The easiest thing to do was to move.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still have one forum running on Delphi and it never had any problems either. It all the depends on the genre of the forum and the sorts of characters that contribute. The fact that many members of the Delphi forum actually complained to Walt Howe about the content of the forum didn't help matters.

The coffee shop was a free-for-all and many of the posts were slanderous, blasphemous and bigoted and at least 20% of the content violated the Delphi TOS at http://www.delphiforums.com/agreement.htm

I therefore didn't have a leg to stand on. The easiest thing to do was to move.

and now in your new forum, they are acting out as mini-walt howe. since creating clones to up their points give a false sense of support but enable them to abuse the infraction once a certain level of points is reached , doesn't this aggravate matter and defeat what a "free speech forum" suppose to be?

if it's a free speech forum, all redundant gadgetry to muffle opinions should be disabled. i ve look into SDP site. they claim that they are for free speeches but rarely do we see any honest criticisms about them getting posted.

please do not allow this forum to degenerate into another SDP's mouthpiece. singapore already lacking the aveneues for free expression. speakers' corner is just a farce. again, this fake avenue of "free" speech is most abused, exploited and utilised by SDP.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal

i ve just checked on that leetahbar and realise he's banned. permanently?? for what reasons?

thank goodness! i just realise i can easily use the ignore key to block some very nuisance trolls.