• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This Forum is going downhill...

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam has imposed a new system? He's really serious in shifting the goalposts this time. :biggrin:

Alfrescian (Inf)? Now I can't give infractions anymore. :(

So Sam, what's the criterion to enjoy having an (Inf) suffix? :(

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cass, you have asked the wrong person as i am a samster from sam's sex forum but you can find more info about Bob Sim Kheng Hwee below from another bro Thick Face Black Heart.

http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?t=74981

Bob Sim was a spammer in the old sammyboy forum. His quarrel with other forummers eventually led to the closure of the delphi forum. It started when he bragged about beating his father over some trivial issue and taking pocket money from his younger sister.

You should ask Ramseth. He claims he met that asshole in real life.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
po2wq,

From what I see, seems like 400 reputation points is the threshold to cross to become an Alfrescian (Inf).

Can some kind soul up me points? I'm at 391 points.:(

Please. :p:p:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bob Sim was a spammer in the old sammyboy forum. His quarrel with other forummers eventually led to the closure of the delphi forum. It started when he bragged about beating his father over some trivial issue and taking pocket money from his younger sister.

You should ask Ramseth. He claims he met that asshole in real life.

Bob has also met up with Lamei, CTL, NEJ, Cleareyes, Locke, GMS et al in real life. He has also hosted CBA when she came over from Australia. Not to forget LPPL was wanted to bash him up at his own front door and the police had to called in. The adventures of Bob has been quite colourful.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Amazing. GMS too???

Bob has also met up with Lamei, CTL, NEJ, Cleareyes, Locke, GMS et al in real life. He has also hosted CBA when she came over from Australia. Not to forget LPPL was wanted to bash him up at his own front door and the police had to called in. The adventures of Bob has been quite colourful.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amazing. GMS too???

Yeah, at a dinner hosted by Locke when GMS and Perspective were both there. Bob was at the RP inauguration dinner too. Go count how many real life politicians and supporters that he has met up with. Even Jufrie and Gopalan were there. (Later Gopalan then got deported and banned from Singapore.)

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about doing the reverse?

Create a Politics folder for those low-brow troll postings and the "F-you/F-you back" postings.

Make the Coffeeshop Talk Folder, well I'd not say more formal, but less noisy.

Who likes a noisy, rowdy Coffeeshop to talk shop. :wink:

You are being naive, this is a free public forum. Coffeeshop noisy, rowdy whatever, it has been around for a decade and is still going and going good.

Remember, freedom of expression is all that matters. There's no need for more folders that doesnt serve any purpose. Trolls will always be around like it or not. In the event you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen, simple as that.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are being naive, this is a free public forum. Coffeeshop noisy, rowdy whatever, it has been around for a decade and is still going and going good.

Remember, freedom of expression is all that matters. There's no need for more folders that doesnt serve any purpose. Trolls will always be around like it or not. In the event you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen, simple as that.

Not sure about that. This fourm is one of the few remainding outpost that is still unmoderated. Everywhere you go these days, there are plenty of moderators. You have to put topics in the right place.

Most that try to do a Sam, died an early death.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh, I still get infractions for unknown reason. Though this time, not a total ban. Well. at least he is doing something about it. Thanks Sam, not sure if its enough to get away from the psychos though.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure about that. This fourm is one of the few remainding outpost that is still unmoderated. Everywhere you go these days, there are plenty of moderators. You have to put topics in the right place.

Most that try to do a Sam, died an early death.

I believe in freedom of expression, I never like moderation. We have enough rules and regulations in real life, it should not be brought here.

This forum is fun since Delphi days till here and survived without moderation. It's a matter of discretion, moderators are killjoys.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe in freedom of expression, I never like moderation. We have enough rules and regulations in real life, it should not be brought here.

This forum is fun since Delphi days till here and survived without moderation. It's a matter of discretion, moderators are killjoys.

Moderators have their job to do. Its to keep psychos, spammers, harrassers away from the forum and keep it at least nice and decent. Scroobal did a great job cleaning up the mess that was here last year. If the psychos, spammers, harrassers are the moderator then it becomes a killjoy. Sam should really look at who is giving an infractions and whether they are valid or not. There should also be some sort of review process so that people do not give out infractions as they wish. Demote them or something if its not a valid reason at all.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh, I still get infractions for unknown reason. Though this time, not a total ban. Well. at least he is doing something about it. Thanks Sam, not sure if its enough to get away from the psychos though.

Well, if you so claimed unknown reasons then it is abuse. Maybe Sam should do away with this function if it is subjected to abuse more than serving a purpose.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kiddo,

To start with, this thread was always a tongue-in-cheek. :p

I agree with you, this being an open forum, anything goes.

But hey, Sam is actually acting on some of our peeves and tweaking the forum setup.

Let's see where it goes from here, enjoy while it lasts! :biggrin:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moderators have their job to do. Its to keep psychos, spammers, harrassers away from the forum and keep it at least nice and decent. Scroobal did a great job cleaning up the mess that was here last year. If the psychos, spammers, harrassers are the moderator then it becomes a killjoy. Sam should really look at who is giving an infractions and whether they are valid or not. There should also be some sort of review process so that people do not give out infractions as they wish. Demote them or something if its not a valid reason at all.

Just learn how to live in a forum such as here, ignore what you do not like. Everybody has their own opinion, no one has to agree with anyone all the time. If you believe and understand what is freedom of expression is all about then you wont be suggesting someone to tell you what you can or cannot do or say.

Believe me, you'll be a happier person if you learn how and when to ignore rather than suggesting moderation. Rules and regulations will only sterile the forum, havent you have enough in real life? And remember all humans are bias, there's no surety moderators wont be.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal

could he be the host leong sam too? sam is also a sim in cantonese!!

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal

those pscyhos, spammers etc u mentioned are still here doing their cowardice. very rarely u see them posting anything. if they post, it's usually irrelevant to the topic but more on personal insults.

this is a very interesting forum. i try posting in SDP site but it's harder to be printed there than the ST FORUM.