• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This Forum is going downhill...

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is quite all right leh. We have decent discussions on the IRs and the levy. We shoot India and the Commonwealth Games. Vivian and the YOG. ok lah

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I think it is quite all right leh. We have decent discussions on the IRs and the levy. We shoot India and the Commonwealth Games. Vivian and the YOG. ok lah

I'm reasonably happy with the quality of the content too. The volume of posts has surpassed what was posted in the Delphi forum and the vbulletin forum platform makes it much easier for me to maintain the database.

The server was also upgraded recently so those irritating "database error" messages shouldn't appear too often and latency definitely has improved considerably.

Everyone has different expectations but at the end of the day, the forum is nothing more than a reflection of those who contribute to it. It captures the collective psyche of its members and as far as I can see, it's pretty much a microcosm of sinkieland as a whole (minus the foreigners and new citizens). Come to think of it, this is the only REAL singapore left.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
What suggestions do you have to make it better?

Can we remove all the roxygurly's posts? After all, Sam can just dump everything into the shit folder with a click. We can have a poll to decide. Democracy mah

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
What suggestions do you have to make it better?

There's no point asking an armchair critic such questions. They wouldn't have a clue. In fact, they're usually part of the problem.:p

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
NNB! Leongsam calling me armchair critic! :mad:

Indeed, the forummers define the forum. I started this thread to serve as a gentle reminder to all forummers not to pigeon-hole their postings based on their narrow-mindedness and whatever agenda they have.

KNN! Every cabby related news also post here, no thanks to the slightly-bi Krafty/Hotbot. WTH man! You guys buay sian ah!

I already proposed a solution in my first posting, that is, watch the quality of your postings yourself.

That's all for now!

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Muthu,

you are not on the list because I find your postings actually quite entertaining! :p

and muthukali doing this.........
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZA1NoOOoaNw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZA1NoOOoaNw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

jw5

Loyal
There's no point asking an armchair critic such questions. They wouldn't have a clue. In fact, they're usually part of the problem.:p
I have a suggestion.
There are a lot of new forummers who just registered. Some of them used to be here using a different nick, others have multiple nicks. These people have writing styles that are unmistakable. Some of them are trolls or spammers.

Just like during ns time, make the new birds undergo probation and take orders from the old birds. If the old birds want them to do research or do certain errands or tasks, the new birds have to do them if they want to stay. They can leave and register another nick, but the process starts again.

For someone who feels proud he did his ns faithfully and who claims that it was a fun and enriching experience, you have to support this idea. :smile:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I second you on that, dude.

I have a suggestion.
There are a lot of new forummers who just registered. Some of them used to be here using a different nick, others have multiple nicks. These people have writing styles that are unmistakable. Some of them are trolls or spammers.

Just like during ns time, make the new birds undergo probation and take orders from the old birds. If the old birds want them to do research or do certain errands or tasks, the new birds have to do them if they want to stay. They can leave and register another nick, but the process starts again.

For someone who feels proud he did his ns faithfully and who claims that it was a fun and enriching experience, you have to support this idea. :smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

That system is already in place. Only Alfrescan (S) can issue infractions.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Want serious go Parliament la. Talk serious stuff.

If you're referring to Singapore's parliament, there are more clowns there than there are here and the crap they expound smells even worse than the rubbish in this forum.:rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Can we remove all the roxygurly's posts? After all, Sam can just dump everything into the shit folder with a click. We can have a poll to decide. Democracy mah

Roxygurly's stuff is no worse than the garbage posted by numerous other members.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think this will solve the root of the issue.

It's all about the forummer's agenda (hidden or not).

Some are here for personal vendetta, some are here for genuine serious discussion, some are here for a good laugh and some are here to let off steam.

As for Leongsam, the NNB Kopitiam $ collector, he cares about the traffic to this place. That's his agenda.

My point mirrors what Leongsam said, the people here define the place. It's up to you!

As a Alfrescian (S), we can't do much but to advice restraint.

I have a suggestion.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

As for Leongsam, the NNB Kopitiam $ collector, he cares about the traffic to this place. That's his agenda.

I don't bother about that either as this site isn't run on a commercial basis. All I need is sufficient traffic to justify the existence of the forum. 300 to 400 posts per day would be enough to make me happy. The forum now sees around 900 to 1000 posts per day. Most of them are rubbish but the bottom line is that the resources provided are not going to waste.

As a Alfrescian (S), we can't do much but to advice restraint.
Should be "... we can't do much but to ADVISE restraint.".

"Advice" is a noun.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All I ask is that messages are placed in the correct folders. Religious stuff in the religion folder, more serious political comment in the political folder, sports talk in the sports folder and so on.

I also think it is time you keep your clones confined to a single thread. :p