• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thinking of joining VSC

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read somewhere there was slow response by police....

I think there's lack of fresh recruits to SPF as it's not a attractive career option.

As a law abiding and responsible citizen, I think I should do my part and join the VSC (voluntary Special Constables) to help those in need.

What do you guys think? Is it a interesting social job? Anyone has experience in VSC to share?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Okay, not bad, quite good to know pple but I think ISD or SPF will plant pple there to check on you, as you come from sammyboy. :biggrin::biggrin:

Anyway, that happened to me before.:o

Read somewhere there was slow response by police....

I think there's lack of fresh recruits to SPF as it's not a attractive career option.

As a law abiding and responsible citizen, I think I should do my part and join the VSC (voluntary Special Constables) to help those in need.

What do you guys think? Is it a interesting social job? Anyone has experience in VSC to share?

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay, not bad, quite good to know pple but I think ISD or SPF will plant pple there to check on you, as you come from sammyboy. :biggrin::biggrin:

Anyway, that happened to me before.:o

Happened to you before? You mean you joined VSC and was screened becuase you are a forummer here??

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
join VSC???

mata getting decent salary & insured by gahmen (if anything goes wrong), also keep their balls in the locker, seldom respond to cases in time. u think u VSC with pathetic allowance, peanut compensation, wanna be gungho & outshine the fulltime mata?

DBS= dont be stupid

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah, dun worry, just kidding, if just because you come from sammyboy, they check on you, i think quite boliao!

But it did happen to me before as they want to check out my thoughts on LKY. This one is real.

Happened to you before? You mean you joined VSC and was screened becuase you are a forummer here??

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VSC are pests to serious police. Stupid no life who thought that carrying warrant card and loaded revolver is fun or fetish. Usually coming with grassroot recommendations that serious police find politically hard to reject. They give them all the unwanted duties. But I don't think Krafty can qualify for any, even just entry for training.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ha...just knew it, you psychopath will come stalk me here. bro,let me tell you that you are not even qualified to say whether I can qualify cos you are simply a sick chicken. What handsome,what beard, please lah for goodness sake, you know what is "um jia gao lan". Besides a google master and a good paraphraser, I can't think of anything else that you are good at!

VSC are pests to serious police. Stupid no life who thought that carrying warrant card and loaded revolver is fun or fetish. Usually coming with grassroot recommendations that serious police find politically hard to reject. They give them all the unwanted duties. But I don't think Krafty can qualify for any, even just entry for training.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The truth hurts, doesn't it, bro. Try Google or Wiki for what I've said if you think I said it from there.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Act of denial is also a form of psychopathic condition. I really mean well for you, you ought to see a doctor. Dun mean to call you a sick chicken,sorry!

Wah lan eh!!! Eat chicken also must see doctor first? You psycho, me not. You ought to see doctor, but don't also nevermind, not my biz.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok lah ok lah, you win! dun disturb me, i am trying to pen something for my facebook sweetheart.:o:biggrin:

Wah lan eh!!! Eat chicken also must see doctor first? You psycho, me not. You ought to see doctor, but don't also nevermind, not my biz.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok lah ok lah, you win! dun disturb me, i am trying to pen something for my facebook sweetheart.:o:biggrin:

Hahaha!!! No lah. Winning is no fun. I don't want to win. :biggrin:

But I wish you all the best with your facebook sweetheart.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal

agreed! VSC r a bunch of police wannabe aka rejected stock from SPF, also full of loser asshole from VSC, low selfesteen creatures! and they join VSC usually had alternative motive, such as expanding their business network, to have that warrant card to show off etc...and they mostly had jiby langjiao face!

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
got time to do vsc might as well go take some degree or master course. come back home already so tired where got energy to go do shit work

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
spoke to a few before. you get $5 per hr. mcdonald's pay more.

and you have to pay for insurance which wipes out all the allowance.

but there are heartland business ppl who join. they get all the intelligence to map their turf. eg people who sell burglar alarms, cctvs, etc.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the fun part is the training. When I was there, there is actually a sir stewardess from SIA, quite chio.:p The rest are talk cock buddies like sammyboy forummers. I would say it's regimental trg. in relax form. The superintendent told us that if any of us perform well, can be converted to full time staff in SPF. So I think if you are keen to explore, it's worthwhile. The only thing I saw was some of the VSC posted to maintain order in Little India on week ends..:rolleyes::biggrin:

spoke to a few before. you get $5 per hr. mcdonald's pay more.

and you have to pay for insurance which wipes out all the allowance.

but there are heartland business ppl who join. they get all the intelligence to map their turf. eg people who sell burglar alarms, cctvs, etc.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the fun part is the training. When I was there, there is actually a sir stewardess from SIA, quite chio.:p The rest are talk cock buddies like sammyboy forummers. I would say it's regimental trg. in relax form. The superintendent told us that if any of us perform well, can be converted to full time staff in SPF. So I think if you are keen to explore, it's worthwhile. The only thing I saw was some of the VSC posted to maintain order in Little India on week ends..:rolleyes::biggrin:

The superintendent talked cock to sian only VSCs believe and feel shiok. It takes 6 months incamp to become a regular police officer and 9 months to become a senior officer. These late 20s to mid 30s are all classified unfit overaged for such incamps (26.5 years old limit, same as SAF cutoff for BMT and OCS). How to convert? You can't even tell the difference between police SOC and army SOC, penal code from criminal procedure code. But yes, VSCs are good for Orchard Road during Christmas and Serangoon Road during Thaipusam.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once you get your warrant card, are there any differences between what you and a regular police officer can do?

For example, can you summon PAP activists for "illegal hawking" if you find them selling copies of Petir?