• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now you can eat them only at some Chinese restaurants.

Not the same thing the restaurant one are peeled canned peanuts....those mentioned are unpeeled ones.....I tried making steamed peanuts at home but unsuccessful. Could never steam them as softly and dunno where to find big groundnuts.
Neighborhood pasar malams still sells them

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sounds Dangerous ?

Yes and not cheap. Collectors' item.

uncles, if you want to introduce to you grandkids, I saw one of these selling in a shop in the china sq area. Cross the overhead bridge from Hong Lim Complex to China Sq side, go the the row of shop houses on the left (towards the china sq Ah Koon not towards Hans). I think its the 2nd or 3rd shop which is selling novelty type stuff. It is actually a modern digital phone with the keypads hidden under the turning numbers. I remember the turning numbers work as well. I hope its still there cos the place now under renovation so very luan....

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Watched Foodage Just now

used to get them for 5 cents...when the prices were escalating ....was complaining insanely...damn those were the good old days...

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

i think one phrase to summarize this whole thread: we all missed our childhood.

all these things mentioned in one way or another connected us to our younger days. things like toys, bus tickets, shopping at emporium etc all bring back memories that will stay with us forever.

i am a ang mo kio kid. i can still remember the old bus terminal (now occupied by amk hub). yes, the bus terminal was old, but yet, i wish to go back thru time and visit it again.

remember the water fountain in front of big mac building. when i was young, i do not know why as a kid, whenever i see some place filled with water, there will automatically be fishes inside. but when i managed to climb up the edge of the fountain, was surprised to see the fountain contain no water, and i am very disappointed.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think one phrase to summarize this whole thread: we all missed our childhood.

all these things mentioned in one way or another connected us to our younger days. things like toys, bus tickets, shopping at emporium etc all bring back memories that will stay with us forever.QUOTE[/]
MHV_Mazda_323_02.jpg
MK3%20CORTINA%20DAYTONA1.jpg
thumbnail[7].jpg
I have fond memories of those good old days, when we drove such cars or paid so little for bus fares when on outings.

Last edited:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

do you recall these names :
austin
hillman
dodge
taunus
simca ?

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
remember the water fountain in front of big mac building. when i was young, i do not know why as a kid, whenever i see some place filled with water, there will automatically be fishes inside. but when i managed to climb up the edge of the fountain, was surprised to see the fountain contain no water, and i am very disappointed.

I don't know how many of us can still remember the children wading pool at Speaker's Corner, New Bridge Road end?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They're all makes / models of cars. Taunus was a Ford. Simca was a French make.

My uncle in Malaysia used to own a left-hand drive Simcar, and he had a backscratcher with a clasp to pay for tolls. It was, like many French cars made of fibre-glass.

the first 3 were makes of cars ...the other 2 cant remember