• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

There should be no retirement age for S’pore: MM Lee

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When he says no retirement age, he is so obviously thinking about his own comfortable situation. Among other things, he expects to live to a ripe old age, at least 100. :biggrin::biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh ya, why not start from the GLC and let him walk his talk first. I heard army regulars were asked to go even before 55yo, SIA also has age descrimination practice for certain posts. Recently a forumner criticised PUB for sacking her father reason being he was presumed too weak to carry out certain "strenous" task. My friend's father was told to leave his taxi job at age 65 because they claimed his eyeside not too good. LHL brought in million of foreigners to make Singaporeans lost their jobs. So, if anyone were to believe LKY that we can work long enough to match his age, that fellow must be as DAFT AS LKY himself.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singapore of year 2010 onwards, it doesn't allow anyone here to have a retirement age.

People may think the rich can retire.

But the rich cannot retire because they have the mentality of being forgotten by the society. They cannot allow others to forget about them. Because once they do, they lost their competitive edge against others.

They forgotten what Ip Man 2 movie where Donnie Yen(Ip Man) told his disciple.
"How good can I fight where another 10 yrs time you (disciple) will be better and faster than me."

The retirement age is imposed but the situation and standards in singapore does not allow us to retire at all. :(

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singapore of year 2010 onwards, it doesn't allow anyone here to have a retirement age.

The retirement age is imposed but the situation and standards in singapore does not allow us to retire at all. :(

The retirement age is needed to remove people who pose a danger to themselves and to others if they continue working till the day they die eg surgeons, pilots, taxi drivers etc. No amount of Medical check-up can determine the day one dies. Without an official or mandatory retirement age, an 86 yr old taxi/bus/train/lorry driver or surgeon or pilot dying while on the job can be disastrous.

Influential Senile dictator type politicians not medically tested annually but clinging to power in single party govts where checks and balances are absent can make GOOFY decisions that can cause irreversible consequences to the country.

Last edited:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
no retirement age good what. mm lee can keep getting money from us until he die. along with all the other ministers. pretty much creating a golden rice bowl for all ministers. HOPEFULLY it will attract better talents who don't keep asking for higher pay or bigger bonuses.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coming from a 86-year-old himself, he is thinking that there are jobs begging for workers beyond 50 years old, let alone 60s, 70s or even 80s. Even those in the early 40s are loosing their jobs to cheaper, yet less productive FTs.

Of course he can keep going. Who dared to ask him what the hell is he doing going to other countries to tell them what to do ? He should reflect on how he is still remaining in his job getting millions, on top of pension. He thinks that all others are like him higher mortal who do not first have to fulfil their basic needs as discribed by Maslow's Needs Hierarchy, yet talk about happiness, self-actualisation, etc.

Even if there are jobs available to lesser mortals around 50s, 60s...etc. What kind of jobs AND salary to make it worthwhile for them to continue working ? I do want to go into details comparing what this old man is getting in terms of benefits and those lesser mortals cleaning toilets.

If MM can fix the emplyment opportunity issues of the forties,and fifties, let alone those in 60s, then his words makes sense. Else he just telling the poor who have problems with 3 meals to go to the resturants to get their food, just does not make sense.

Clearly the MIW are living high up in their ivory towers, thinking the roads in singapore are paved with gold and opportunites.

IMHO, the best post in this thread.

I agree with your opinion.

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
no retirement age good what. mm lee can keep getting money from us until he die. along with all the other ministers. pretty much creating a golden rice bowl for all ministers. HOPEFULLY it will attract better talents who don't keep asking for higher pay or bigger bonuses.

Wrong! MMlee is not really thinking about carrying on getting paid $$$$$$$$$$$$, the post MM is invented so lky can remain in power lest his wrong doings be exposed.
NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THIS WORLD HAS A mm.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THIS WORLD HAS A mm.

Or a SM for that matter. It is really a mockery that this old senile mental man is overstaying his welcome by so long and looks likely to extend it further. He reminds me of the last days of Deng Xiao Ping, old and frail, can hardly walked without support, hard of hearing yet still holding on to power.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahaha, why u say I sarcastic?

A lot of people I spoke to in the region loved Singapore and LKY because Singapore is an example of what their country could compete and better but never will, no matter how "boleh".

Indeed, it is very strange that these same people to come to Singapore stay in S$750psf condo, enjoy our safe and secure environment and look down on the Sinkie peasants who stay across the street in S$300psf HDB at the same time.

I know you are being sarcastic but it is true leh. A lot of people I spoke to in the region loved Singapore and LKY.

Wonder why they only buy condos here and not become citizens. wahaha

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
as far as oldman is concerned, the day his both legs straightened inside that rectangular wooden box means really retired liao.
even then he might still sit up ok? 死不瞑目!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why all the debate about what he means? It's clear at first earshot, isn't it? He means he's never going to retire.