• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP should propose an amendment to ask the HDB to secure maintenance contracts for ALL town councils, thus exercising economies of scale advantage. That way, all town councils will pay less and uniform standards.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
This time the co-driver was given a slap by the driver for sleeping all this while.I hope the co-driver has awoken and will now press the driver for more disclosures.It was indeed a wake up call.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
“If we didn’t get it right, I’m sorry. But we will try better the next time.”
“These are real problems, we will tackle them. But I hope you will understand when these problems vex you or disturb you or upset your lives, please bear with us, we are trying our best on your behalf.”
“And if we didn’t quite get it right, I’m sorry but we will try better the next time.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/pm-lee-didn-t-m-sorry-152850327.html
Things I wish Low Thia Khiang will say.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

For the full speech, go to: http://wp.sg/…/debate-on-the-auditor-generals-report-on-th…/
You can also watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch…
‪#‎AHPETC‬

10983426_1041014162581833_1478395657074491444_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

"Selama audit dijalankan, yang memakan masa hampir setahun, kami telah memberi kerjasama dengan pejabat Auditor Negara dengan memberi segala dokumen dan informasi yang semampu dan sebaik mungkin, walaupun ada sesetengah dokumen menunjukkan kesilapan atau kelemahan. Ini semua dilakukan atas dasar prinsip ketelusan dan kebertanggungjawapan." - Muhamad Faisal Abdul Manap ‪#‎AHPETC‬

Debate on the Auditor-General’s Report on the Audit of AHPETC – MP Muhamad Faisal bin Abdul Manap
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Muhamad Faisal bin Abdul...
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

"AGO also revealed that 10 statutory boards did not present their FY 2006/07 annual reports to Parliament within the six-month time frame and three of these boards had also been late the previous two year. One of them did not even present its audited financial statements to Parliament for the previous two financial years." PNG ENG HUAT ‪#‎AHPETC‬

Debate on the Auditor-General’s Report on the Audit of AHPETC – MP Png Eng Huat
By MP for Hougang SMC, Png Eng Huat [Delivered in Parliament on 13 Feb 2015] Madam Speaker, we...
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

"AHPETC had no choice but to respect the company’s decision to withdraw. As the incumbent conservancy contractor was to cease their services by end June 2013, TC then needed to quickly make a decision to invite companies to tender; otherwise no one will be clearing rubbish and cleaning lifts! This is just one of the many challenges opposition TC faces." - Lee Li Lian (李丽连) ‪#‎AHPETC‬

Debate on the Auditor-General’s Report on the Audit of AHPETC – MP Lee Li Lian
By MP for Punggol East SMC, Lee Li Lian [Delivered in Parliament on 13 Feb 2015] Madam, I reiterate...
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

"The decision-making to award the tender in such a case would also be the sole remit of the Tender and Contracts Committee. No staff member of the Managing Agent is privy to the evaluation or the decision-making process in this case. The Secretary of the Town Council, Mr Danny Loh and the General Manager, Ms How Weng Fan and are not involved in this process at all." Pritam Singh ‪#‎AHPETC‬

Debate on the Auditor-General’s Report on the Audit of AHPETC – MP Pritam Singh
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Pritam Singh [Delivered in Parliament on 13 Feb 2015] Introduction Madam...
wp.sg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
A by-election for Aljunied GRC is reasonable.
Let the people decide like what the WP chief always say.

Every time you guys hear WP in the slanging match with PAP is always about small issues that WP MPs have to struggle to save their assholes.
If WP MPs engage vigorous debate with PAP about policies and living costs, then we say you are voted for a good purpose but this is not the case.

Touch your heart, you WP MPs collect decent salaries to work for the people, speak up for the people on relevant issues , that is your duties if not passion in politics.

You know well in the land of gutter politics, WP has been around for donkey years, there is no meaning of complaining about the playing field.

It is disappointing moment for all WP voters.

PAP knows very well WP MPs cannot debate well and have no talent to propose ideas or policies, and the PAP top dogs look down on these WP MPs.

It is our opinion that most Town councils either run by WP or PAP , all accounts may be in messy state, but why only the WP's is targeted? The answer is simple, WP MPs are not smart enough to either fight back or debate good policies that keep the PAP on their toes.
Idle mind is a devil workshop. WP MPs fail badly to put ants in the PAP's pants. Keeping silent on national issues for so long has taken its toll, the price to pay is simply too high.

By election , yes, should be called by the PAP dogs.

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP should propose an amendment to ask the HDB to secure maintenance contracts for ALL town councils, thus exercising economies of scale advantage. That way, all town councils will pay less and uniform standards.

Agreed, if PAP and WP is really for the people, this should be done from the start. PAP should forget about "you mean we should help the opposition", WP should forget about losing face.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Daniel PS Goh[/h]Author

In a week ending in frenzied hyperboles of harakiris and hissings, I sought solace in a brilliant cocktail of rum, gula melaka and ginger with good people. I thought of the chairwoman and the burdens she has been bearing. And this song came, with all the clarity of an angel witnessing in stoic silence.
I seh, I remember when we used to sit
In the government yard in Trenchtown,
Oba - obaserving the 'ypocrites
As they would mingle with the good people we meet.
Good friends we have, oh, good friends we've lost
Along the way.
In this great future, you can't forget your past,
So dry your tears, I seh.

Bob marley "no woman no cry" 1979
A great performance of No Woman No Cry from Bob Marley. For the real fans!! Enjoy it!!
youtube.com

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cope from TR EMERITUS

TR EMERITUS

The Voice of Singaporeans for Singapore

PAP Managing Agents mysteriously lower their rates

dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
February 14th, 2015 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

It was reported on ST today (‘PAP MPs seek answers on “missing public funds”‘, 14 Feb) that PAP MPs wanted WP to answer for the “overpayment” of town council management fees to FMSS, the managing agent of AHPETC.

Minister Shanmugam on Thursday (12 Feb) distributed a table showing that the Managing Agent (MA) fees AHPETC paid were nearly double the average fees at PAP town councils:
Chart-by-K-Shanmugam-650x435-640x428.png

Capture17.jpg
(ST graphics)

He charged that AHPETC had overpaid FMSS by $1.6 million a year over the past four years. This is calculated based on the what AHPETC would have paid using the average PAP rates from the table above.

Education Minister Heng further pressed WP, “Where did the money go? Why are you so protective of your expensive managing agent that messed up the town council’s work? Because they are the party supporters and friends?”

MP Hri Kumar Nair also said, “And as any person knows, loss does not only occur when money is stolen.” He was referring to “substantial overpayments” to FMSS.

However, do take note that accusations of “substantial overpayments” from AHPETC to FMSS came from after calculating from the numbers stated in the table above.

Problem with Minister Shanmugam’s table
TOC did a very good analysis of the numbers in the table and immediately spotted problems. TOC reported [Link]:
An apparent anomaly were the residential and commercial unit rates which Mr Shanmugam’s chart indicated were the same.
AHPETC’s chairman, SylviaLim noticed this and highlighted this to Mr Shanmugam.
“From what I know, MA rates are usually different from residential units and commercial units,” Ms Lim said. “But in your chart, they are all the same. So I would like minister to clarify that there has been no mistake in this chart and it is really the fact that all this MA are charging the same rates for commercial and residential units because from the data that I have, even the MA for PAP town councils, such as CPG, from the Aljunied town council records that we have, the MA rate for commercial units was 12 dollars and something. So I think minister may want to check his chart.”
Mr Shanmugam got up and replied to Ms Lim immediately, “I can answer your answer straight away. You should look at annex 3 and you will see in the first page that the MA rates once they are done on a weighted average basis, these figures are accurate, [I’m] told by MND.”

However Ms Lim was unconvinced.
She said, “Minister, I would still request it to be checked because I don’t think it is correct.”
WP’s secretary-general Low Thia Khiang also told Mr Shanmugam that the rates cannot be the same.
Mr Shanmugam replied that he would check the rates for accuracy.
Indeed, looking at the figures, one would come to wonder if the figures are correct.​
A TRE reader, Melvin Tan, who was at the gallery observing the parliamentary proceeding also reported (‘Report from gallery: TC saga designed to damage WP‘):
Ms Lim added that of the three pages of appendices distributed by Mr Shanmugam, the one detailing various charges by town councils was wrong. The rates for all PAP town councils were residential rates except AHPETC had different rates for residential and commercial properties.

To me, the error was so obvious but Mr Shanmugam was adamant on his accuracy. Only later did he admit he was only told that the figures were correct and did not check them himself. On the second day of the debate, he did not address or correct this issue and no longer did.

The above incident brought a few points to my mind. Firstly, if I were shown a table where two columns were the same figures except for the one for AHPETC, I would instinctively check if the figures were correct before presenting them in Parliament.

Secondly, Mr Shanmugam had only to produce three appendices on a town council matter and one was already wrong. How would he expect AHPETC with several fronts to take care of to avoid even one mistake?

Thirdly, I noticed the MSM had downplayed or blotted out this incident.​
PAP MA rates were suddenly lowered last year
In fact, evidence has shown that the MAs of PAP TCs suddenly and mysteriously, lowered their MA rates only last year. That means to say, prior to last year, PAP MA rates were much higher than those shown in the table above.

A reader forwarded the following information to TRE today (14 Feb). It showed that for Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council, their residential MA rates (per unit per month) were:

• FY2011 (ending Jan 2012) – $6.11
  • FY2012 (ending Jan 2013) – $6.20
  • FY2013 (ending Jan 2014) – $6.25

For commercial property (FY2011 to FY2013), it was higher at $11.50. The MA for Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council is EM Services, a joint venture between HDB and Keppel Land [Link]. HDB, of course, comes under Mr Khaw’s Ministry and Keppel Land is under Keppel Corporation, controlled by Temasek Holdings.

Following is the letter confirming the rates from FY2011 to FY2013:
10981075_1541222909477208_7051345242031526742_o1.jpg

Now, from the table above, the residential and commercial MA rates for Pasir Ris-Punggol have both dropped to $5.50 starting from last year (i.e, 12% drop for residential and 52% for commercial).

That is to say, for the residential MA rates for Pasir Ris-Punggol, we have:
Capture18-640x466.jpg

Presumably, one would expect that the MA rates would have dropped accordingly among all the PAP TCs last year, since they are all coordinated by PAP TC Chairman Teo Ho Pin.

So, what happened? With inflation going up every year, how is that the PAP MAs can suddenly cut their rates for PAP TCs? Perhaps the PAP MAs felt remorseful for the “substantial” profits they had made over the years and decided to make less last year?

Or could it be with the cut in MA rates, certain services will also be correspondingly removed and if the TCs want those services, they will have to pay extra to their MAs? For example, like the sales tactic used by Joven Chew to sell cheap mobile phones to tourists but make them pay dearly for other accessories?

Indeed, if we were to assume that the residential MA rate for Tanjong Pagar may have also dropped 12%, that means before 2014, its rate could be as high as $7.56, higher than AHPETC’s $7.43.

WP MP Sylvia Lim also said in Parliament, “It is possible that the (other) managing agents have reduced their rates since then. The information that we had in 2012, the rates were at a higher level than what was circulated in the table (on Thursday).”

In a statement yesterday (13 Feb), a MND spokesman confirmed that the rates were based on the latest contracts the town councils had signed, and were submitted to MND only last year.

What do you think is going on here?
Why did the PAP MAs suddenly decide to charge less?

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW)[/h]Political Party

What kind of Singapore do you want to give to your children when they grow up?

People of WP – Sheena Ng

What kind of Singapore do you want to give to your children when they grow up? “I don’t want to see old people collecting dishes. I don’t want to see them worrying everyday over their retirement. I don’t want to see bloggers being…
wpyouth.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chen Jiaxi Bernard

I spent the entirety of my Valentine's Day with the residents of Kaki Bukit division, Aljunied GRC. Today we reaffirmed our friendship! Very grateful.

Aljunied GRC added 18 new photos.
After visiting the market and food centre at Block 538, Bedok North Street 3 in the morning, MP Faisal continues his walkabout in the evening at the night food centre at Block 511, Bedok North Street 3. Once again, here's MP Faisal wishing residents “新年快乐."

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is a silent party.
WP agreed with PAP to have our CPF withdrawal min sum.
RN & HHH are many times better than LTK.
LTK has no balls to confront PAP.

You must understand that WP supporters pin their hope on Workers Party but what they get is anxiety, worry and disappointment from Workers Party.

This is a fact we cannot deny. WP MPs have no substance and material to argue and improve policies that make life better or they themselves propose new ideas for the people.
In so far, what has WP come out with ? Nothing , except under PAP fire and struggle to save their assholes. This is reality WP must face, they have to improve or they become history.

since when you hear WP MPs argue policies or propose brilliant ideas for the people and debate fiercely for the people. The answer is NO !

All WP MPs only come out of the woodwork when they get into trouble. The WP supporters worry dead for them instead ! where is this going to gravitate to ? WP MPs are supposed to be our keepers not a child coming home in the graveyard hours worrying sick their parents.

yes, PAP may be nitpicking WP, but WP is not born yesterday . Why let PAP climb over all your heads and pee and shit? If you WP MPs cannot take care of small things, how u represent WP supporters in the parliament?

touch your heart, 4years on , have WP MPs ever debate tooth and nail on policies for the people or otherwise for their supporters.

People want to see some results and not seeing WP MPs getting into trouble that can be averted. Blaming the PAP bastards will not make WP MPs better MPs in the parliament if they remain dense. I am not critical but knowing the truth will make better persons.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party[/h]Visited Bendemeer and Whampoa markets this morning for our regular Hammer Outreach. A big thank you to everyone who offered us words of encouragement and support!

10991302_1042612379088678_7297616110783239939_n.jpg