• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The rise of pro-China Singaporeans and what it means for Singapore

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pro-China but anti-CCP. The only way for China to become great is to get rid of CCP.
In this age of rising inequality only the threat of nationalization by the CCP can cow billionaires into donating their moneys into paying for government programs. Only fools like you actively seek to make yourself poorer and billionaires richer. :rolleyes:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
When China was poor and backward you don't see so many pro-China Singaporeans.
There were many.
I witness two sporting events.
One was malaysua v china in footbsll
Another, malaysia v india in hockey.
(Sinkie yoo useless to play both.)
Both matches held in KL. But for the away team, it was like home ground.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should read The Long March if you have not already done so. Mao did have significant contribution in the early years. He rose from nobody at the start of the March to leadership position. Along the way he helped eliminate some overbearing Russian influence. Without Mao the CCP might never have been founded and China would still be a shitty third world country like India. Democracy is great huh?
Under qing dynasty, china was already well on the way to modernity. It was not a swamp like sinkie.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now watch some of these clowns appeal for donations. :rolleyes:

By the way, I believed many of them donated money to Wuhan in early 2020? Did it help? 一群傻逼! :biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is also a spike in minority race marrying Chinese wife. Is this sign of pro-China? Indian 54% and Malay 45% favoured China is a pretty high approval rate, on the chart spectrum.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pro-Canto. And hope for cantoland to be independent n forged its own Destiny. Canto is the true successor of Middle Chinese.

And only by being independent can Cantoland preserve its language, and culture and eliminate the bad influences of fuckeins n fuckkas n northern Manchurian half breeds

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the good ol' days, all these pro-chinkland sinkies would have been locked away indefinitely under the ISA.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am pro Chinese but anti ccp.
I don’t associate what communist bastards did as China. It just what a political party holding the whole nation hostage.
then again territory integrity must be uphold not only in Tibet and sinkiang, the entire Mongolia and huge swath of Russian far east are Chinese territory. As for SCS, that can compromise.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I am pro democracy but anti-America. The only way for democracy to become great is to get rid of America.
If you are really pro-democracy, you'd accept that democracy is messy and always in a state of flux (i mentioned before). Not all folks are agreeable or comfortable with the US being a democratic superpower and its projection of power globally. Nothing to fear unless one is a murderous authoritarian regime. The US and the west are functioning democracies, and I am happy with that. Warts and all.

Someone once said : "I may not agree with what you say but i will fight for your right to say it." Isn't this wonderful? Well, that's democracy!:biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pro-Canto. And hope for cantoland to be independent n forged its own Destiny. Canto is the true successor of Middle Chinese.

And only by being independent can Cantoland preserve its language, and culture and eliminate the bad influences of fuckeins n fuckkas n northern Manchurian half breeds

Too late.

Fucktonese have 100 year lease of HK from China to self rule HK if they have balls to kill Pommie occupation of HK....

Not a smart race Fucktonese but betray China as a running dog for Pommie the evil BE... not born with warmonger attribute but like easy jobs work under pale skin white trash....

Even so with 10, 20 or 30 years of lease to go Fucktonese did nothing to snatched the lease back from evil BE fight to the last man standing.....

The track record of Fucktonese were failure and fail miserably. If you value Cantonese language and culture to long live Fucktonese then shd stand up against the evil BE....

Fucktonese u shameless bastard go fuck yrslf deep deep...

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you are really pro-democracy, you'd accept that democracy is messy and always in a state of flux (i mentioned before). Not all folks are agreeable or comfortable with the US being a democratic superpower and its projection of power globally. Nothing to fear unless one is a murderous authoritarian regime. The US and the west are functioning democracies, and I am happy with that. Warts and all.

Someone once said : "I may not agree with what you say but i will fight for your right to say it." Isn't this wonderful? Well, that's democracy!:biggrin:
A functional democracy serves little purpose if population at large are worse off. I can bet to my last RMB, had China succumbed to the pressure of the west, China would have lost half its territories today, and the mass exodus of talents would be even worse than the 70s and 80s because nobody wants to stay with a loser. China has adopted the right model for itself in the last 70 years, just look at India and you have the answer. China is free to gradually loosen up, as and when they like it, in the way they like it. Americans need to get it in their heads it is up to the Chinese how they run their country, not the Americans. It’s so simple, I don’t need my neighbour to tell me how I run my family do I ?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
A functional democracy serves little purpose if population at large are worse off. I can bet to my last RMB, had China succumbed to the pressure of the west, China would have lost half its territories today, and the mass exodus of talents would be even worse than the 70s and 80s because nobody wants to stay with a loser. China has adopted the right model for itself in the last 70 years, just look at India and you have the answer. China is free to gradually loosen up, as and when they like it, in the way they like it. Americans need to get it in their heads it is up to the Chinese how they run their country, not the Americans. It’s so simple, I don’t need my neighbour to tell me how I run my family do I ?
Most democracies are also capitalistic. That's how wealth is created. China became wealthy because it tapped onto and savoured the milk and honey that capitalism brings. Hence, it adopted the right model (as you rightly said). China will remain a non-threat in the military sense if it does not seek to expand it's national borders. In our lives, we probably know some people who turned into assholes once they became wealthy. China has shown it is like that. Naturally, we all don't like lah.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Too late.

Fucktonese have 100 year lease of HK from China to self rule HK if they have balls to kill Pommie occupation of HK....

Not a smart race Fucktonese but betray China as a running dog for Pommie the evil BE... not born with warmonger attribute but like easy jobs work under pale skin white trash....

Even so with 10, 20 or 30 years of lease to go Fucktonese did nothing to snatched the lease back from evil BE fight to the last man standing.....

The track record of Fucktonese were failure and fail miserably. If you value Cantonese language and culture to long live Fucktonese then shd stand up against the evil BE....

Fucktonese u shameless bastard go fuck yrslf deep deep...
Ehh, what's the meaning of blue camel? Serious question.