• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The RETIREMENT thread

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks. Will think about it. Much prefer Bkk though it would surely cost more.
You will be surprise to know costs in the capital can be lower than some parts of LOS. Where I am residing is a tourist location, and price of many items can be higher than BKK. And if you are a fan of Thai food, have to say Thai food here sucks big time (have to cater to ang moh taste buds) but western food is quite good due to the large ang moh population.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You will be surprise to know costs in the capital can be lower than some parts of LOS. Where I am residing is a tourist location, and price of many items can be higher than BKK. And if you are a fan of Thai food, have to say Thai food here sucks big time (have to cater to ang moh taste buds) but western food is quite good due to the large ang moh population.

Thanks for the info.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is low.

Sporeans are used to the PAP taxes which have made Spore the #1 most expensive place to live.

Property prices in places like Pattaya are quite cheap. Much cheaper than a car in Spore :biggrin:
It's cheaper than Bangkok where a condo near to the MRT will cost upwards of 5 million baht(SIN$200,000+).

One can of course rent but at those prices I am tempted to get a place. For the long term I want something where I store my barang, barang.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dey, get 2 unit. 1 for ownself stay, the other one rent out. My kiwi friend doing this now.

A friend suggested I get a place in BKK & rent it out. The demand in BKK is better from locals & expats.

With the money I get from the rent, I can use it to rent a place in cheaper places like Pattaya.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A friend suggested I get a place in BKK & rent it out. The demand in BKK is better from locals & expats.

With the money I get from the rent, I can use it to rent a place in cheaper places like Pattaya.

What my friend did is bought 2 units side by side. So tenant always pay on time and my friend always know the condition of the unit. Initially. He wanted to buy for his son but son working elsewhere.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Important to find hobby after retirement. surfing SBF is not a good hobby although I log in occasionally.

Next on the pipe line, set up my new zen moss/fern garden, set up a 3 feet tropical fish aquarium. practise TIG welding, built my first own wooden furniture. :smile:
I gave up the wooden furniture hobby. Bought lots of carpentry tools but not as easy as seen on youtube. So gave up. Now have a lot of almost brand new tools in my store room. Sorry, I promise to post 'before and after' pics of my carpentry works but really paiseh to post. Because the 'after' pics looks more jialat than the 'before' pics. :biggrin:

Think I should stick to gardening.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am 32 years old. if i working till 40 years old.
i believe i will have 1M cash and a fully paid HDB.

then, should i retire? i am wondering.....
retire liao, then do what?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i am 32 years old. if i working till 40 years old.
i believe i will have 1M cash and a fully paid HDB.

then, should i retire? i am wondering.....
retire liao, then do what?

Do what interests you and you'll soon find that you're even busier.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do retirees do beside the usual surfing net, reading book, watching TV, gardening, blah blah blah?