• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Real Bargain - Chen Show Mao

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen Show Mao. Google or Wiki his resume. Is he a bargain? It's once in a generation opportunity that we have such a highly calibered person willing to serve the public for a little fraction of what he can earn. I don't live in Aljunied, but I urge all Aljunied voters to vote for him and his team. Even LTK with a safe seat in Hougang stakes it in.

jw5

Loyal
For an MP's salary, we get a "celebrity", as some fogey calls him.

That's quid pro quo for you, a bargain for a bargain. :biggrin:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....saw some video clips on WP rallies......amazing atmosphere.
however have not seen anything on ysl/hougang....

Last edited:

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have a quick look at CSM's CV. In terms of achievements, it is longer than what many of these young upstart generals can ever achieve in their lifetime. No need for old man to keep beating his drum, and trying to scare the peasants. And no need to be condescending (oh i forgot, he's just made that way) Chen has secured IPOs in the billions for PRC companies. What have our ministers done? Lost billions to the PRCs? You be the judge

Mr. Chen is a partner in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department and managing partner of the Beijing office. He has practiced in the New York office since 1992, the Hong Kong office since 1999 and the Beijing office since 2007.

In capital markets, Mr Chen advised the Agricultural Bank of China on its recent $22 billion IPO, which is the largest by an Asian issuer, and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) on its $21 billion IPO, which is the second-largest IPO ever, and the first global offering that involved a concurrent listing in China. He also advised Sinochem on the largest-ever international debt offering by a Chinese company and the underwriters for China Unicom in the largest-ever international convertible bond offering by a Chinese company. Mr Chen completed the global initial public offerings of Air China, China Construction Bank, MCC, Sinoma, Sinopec, Unicom and others.

In M&A, Mr Chen advised ICBC on the largest-ever cross-border investment in a Chinese financial institution. He also advised China National Offshore Oil Company (CNOOC) on the largest-ever attempted cross-border takeover by a Chinese company.

In addition to Chinese state-owned enterprises, Mr Chen has worked with Acer, ASE, ASUS, AU Optronics, HTC, Foxconn, Nanya, Quanta, Taishin, TSMC, UMC and others.

Mr Chen has worked on offerings of sovereign debt by the Ministry of Finance of the People’s Republic of China, as well as privatizations by the Ministry of Economic Affairs of the ROC. He advised sovereign wealth funds such as China Investment Corp. and the Development Fund of the Executive Yuan of the ROC. He also advised the People’s Bank of China, China Securities Regulatory Commission and the Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taiwan Stock Exchanges on proposed regulations.

In April 2011, Mr. Chen was named one of American Lawyer’s 2010 “Dealmakers of the Year.”

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Got one general allow his men to book out in bermudas.
Another one managed to beat the morning erp and be the first to collect his forms. :o

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mind you Davis Polks is Top 500 law firm in America. What is TH?

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chen Show Mao. Google or Wiki his resume. Is he a bargain? It's once in a generation opportunity that we have such a highly calibered person willing to serve the public for a little fraction of what he can earn. I don't live in Aljunied, but I urge all Aljunied voters to vote for him and his team. Even LTK with a safe seat in Hougang stakes it in.

I agree.

Although I have no vested interest in the forthcoming GE, because I have been a non-resident of SG for almost 3 decades, I would urge all those who are eligible to vote, to consider voting for CSM and his team mates. I am neither related nor affiliated with CSM, and accordingly, have no conflict of interest.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got one general allow his men to book out in bermudas.
Another one managed to beat the morning erp and be the first to collect his forms. :o

Bro, let's be fair. The initiatives of the 2 generals (stated above) requires a mind of a genius. CSM's achievments on the international stage pales in comparison to what our BG and MG did.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surely looks much better than Ho Ching CV.

I always wonder whether or not there are individuals in Singapore who are better qualified and more experienced than whoever has been appointed to manage the country's huge reserves and/or sovereign funds.

With respect, if they have nothing to hide, more so in terms of transparency and accountability, they should publish a balance sheet and statement of operations every year. Please tell us the gains and losses from prior years.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They'll tell you it's national security secret as if they tell, we'll be invaded and looted.

If Shanmugam argued that to disclose if surveillance was mounted at MSK's relatives' home may lead to breaching ops/national security, no way they will be transparent with Ho Ching's many great accomplishments.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They'll tell you it's national security secret as if they tell, we'll be invaded and looted.

They allege that if they publish the amount of the Singapore's reserves, the assets of Temasek Holdings, and whatever SG sovereign funds, other parties may take a run at the Singapore dollar, or that it is a national secret. Based on what I have read, I believe that, prior to the losses of the past several years, Singapore has a higher reserves than what other parties have estimated. However, I speculate that the much higher reserves may be due to amongst others, the SG govt and/or its agencies, such as HDB, making higher than fair amount from its "sale" of 99-year leasehold apartments (flats) to Singapore residents, and possibly including the total amount held by CPF, as "reserves"

I find it immoral for the HDB to charge so much money for a 99-year leasehold. I recall that when my parents bought a 3-room flat in or about 1972 or 1973, it was about $9,500, whereas a comparable 5-room flat in a "point block" in the same neighbourhood (Henderson Road / Jalan Bukit Merah) was about $25,000. Then when they upgraded to a 5-room flat in Toa Payoh, it was around $90,000. I have no idea what is the current price for a 3-room and a 5-room flat?

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Shanmugam argued that to disclose if surveillance was mounted at MSK's relatives' home may lead to breaching ops/national security, no way they will be transparent with Ho Ching's many great accomplishments.

Shanmugam is a legal maniac. He's most likely to go Parliament and pass some laws and have you incarcerated.

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
PP like him hv played politics all their life here and think they've arrived

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It appears that his reasoning is illogical and irrelevant. Disclosure of past operations at it pertain to a specific matter or operation, will not breach operations or national security. If it was disclosed during the search for MSK, then it could impair the operations and breach national security.

I am sure they would love to disclose the famous lady's accomplishments. Please ask them to do so, forthwith.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

But before outsiders come and invade and loot our reserves,they the MIW already raided the reserves and helped themselves to the fruits from the hard work of the citizens of Singapore.What a shame !

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha. I will get GMS to be my lawyer. He outwitted SCs recently.

I heard from insiders, PAP sent wreath to his brother David's wake. GMS may be madcow but he's so mad that even PAP has to accord respect to him. Well, that's something beyond me and I have to give it to him.