• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Phantom Goal that stood

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the greatest mystery in Singapore is the curious case of moving objects traversing physical landscape and airspace between two points without human or alien intervention.

You will recall in 1997 PAP was in danger of losing Cheng San GRC and all the heavyweight Ministers felt it is imperative they show up on Polling Day at the Polling Station to influence voters. This was expressively forbidden by Section 82(1)(e) of the Parliamentary Election Act which provides that, “No person shall loiter in any street or public place within a radius of 200 meters of any polling station on polling day.” Furthermore, Section 82(1)(d) provides that, “No person shall wait outside any polling station on polling day, except for the purpose of gaining entry to the polling station to cast his vote”.

Somehow rather, I drew a parallel with the cheng san polling station incidient. Anyone else ?
The referee was the election dept. for award no foul.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

On Polling Day not only did Mr Goh Chok Tong, Dr Tony Tan and Brigadier-General (NS) Lee Hsien Loong showed up near the vicinity of Cheng San GRC Polling Station, they even metamorphosized physically ’in’ the Polling Station itself. The curious case of how an erstwhile Prime Minister, President and Deputy Prime Minister traversed the physical space between the 200 meters radius and the polling station was subsequently determined by Attorney General Chan Sek Keong who claimed it didn’t happen. It was all in our imagination: a case of mass hallucination. In his infinite wisdom he declared: “Plainly, a person inside a polling station cannot be said to be within a radius of 200 metres of a polling station.”

By inference, Mr Goh Chok Tong, Dr Tony Tan and Brigadier-General (NS) Lee Hsien Loong was teleported from an unknown place by an unknown device or devices with or without the help of an unknown person or persons to a known Polling Station. Therein lies the greatest mystery in the history of mankind since time immemorial.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know anything about soccer but for all the news this match has generated, the teams must get an added bonus from the federation or the governing authority.

I can't escape it; everywhere I see this link. I mean, like, duh....

yes I agree too....the 13th month must be pro-rated from the 2nd half by the governing authority, in this case the AVA :wink:

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soccer like any other money making sport has degenerated to controversies and petty squabbles and reporting on who said what and who did what. Its more like an old woman's soap opera than a sport these days. The arguments and line calls etc all adds to the fuel to generate more interest and hence more $$.

So in that essence, why bother to make it more accurate? Inaccuracy already makes a lot of money, accuracy will just ruin business.

I don't understand why soccer has not implemented the video ref.

The technology is there. USE it.

jw5

Loyal
It was done in haste. :biggrin:

To be honest, if the side netting had been checked properly before the match, there would be no need to have a video ref but goal line technology is a must.

Blatter and Platini are both clowns. I can't believe these jokers are running world and european football between them.:rolleyes:
FIFA stinks of corruption to the core but that's another story...

The officials despite doing their job sloppily, in haste or otherwise, don't even need to repent at leisure.
Their lack of professionalism is shocking.

Football at the top level, (i.e. world cup and european champs level, top divisions of major leagues, champions and europa leagues) should all have video ref system. It will not take more than 20 seconds for the video ref to check penalty or not, for example. They can even incorporate tennis practice of allowing limited number of challenges per game, and let the video ref check for major incidents like in rugby.

Rolfes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Uh-oh this will definitely piss Hoffenheim off while we at Leverkusen absolutely have no objection with that decision. :biggrin:

'Phantom goal' game will not be replayed, says German court

• Bayer Leverkusen win over Hoffenheim to stand after all
• Stefan Kiessling's 'goal' had gone in … through side-netting

Reuters
The Guardian, Monday 28 October 2013 12.36 GMT

Bayen-Leverkusens-Stefan--011.jpg

Bayen Leverkusen's Stefan Kiessling, left, celebrates his goal against Hoffenheim … in rather unusual fashion. Photograph: Daniel Roland/AFP/Getty Images

Bayer Leverkusen's 2-1 Bundesliga win over Hoffenheim last weekend, helped by a "phantom goal", will not be replayed despite the ball going in through a hole in the netting, Germany's sports court said on Monday.

The Leverkusen striker Stefan Kiessling's 70th-minute header flew just wide of the post and hit the side-netting but went through a hole and ended up in the goal.

The referee Felix Brych awarded a goal after consulting his assistant, putting Leverkusen 2-0 ahead at the time.

Hoffenheim appealed against the result and the incident reignited the debate over the possible use of goalline technology in Germany.

jw5

Loyal
The funniest part about this story is that less than one week after this Bundesliga game debacle, the same referee and the same assistants were the officials in a champions league match between Barcelona and AC Milan. :biggrin:

J

JeanGrey

what is sports without cheating and drama? might as well have international Monopoly competition :rolleyes:

The officials despite doing their job sloppily, in haste or otherwise, don't even need to repent at leisure.
Their lack of professionalism is shocking.

Football at the top level, (i.e. world cup and european champs level, top divisions of major leagues, champions and europa leagues) should all have video ref system. It will not take more than 20 seconds for the video ref to check penalty or not, for example. They can even incorporate tennis practice of allowing limited number of challenges per game, and let the video ref check for major incidents like in rugby.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The funniest part about this story is that less than one week after this Bundesliga game debacle, the same referee and the same assistants were the officials in a champions league match between Barcelona and AC Milan. :biggrin:

Bro, it's like I mentioned earlier, the leaders of FIFA and UEFA really have no clue on managing the game. It's issues like this and the monkey chanting with Yaya Touré/CSKA Moscow and the potential for a winter World Cup 2022 in Qatar that just widens the debacle.

The sooner we replace Platini and Blatter, the better.

Nomenclature

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, it's like I mentioned earlier, the leaders of FIFA and UEFA really have no clue on managing the game. It's issues like this and the monkey chanting with Yaya Touré/CSKA Moscow and the potential for a winter World Cup 2022 in Qatar that just widens the debacle.

Both of them will be dead if they approve it, going against syndicates.

jw5

Loyal

Platini was a genius on the field, but he is neither bright nor progressive enough to be a high level football administrator.

Blatter is simply a clown in a position totally inappropriate and unsuitable for him.

J

JeanGrey

Platini was a genius on the field, but he is neither bright nor progressive enough to be a high level football administrator.

Blatter is simply a clown in a position totally inappropriate and unsuitable for him.

blah blah blah.

come join the party.