• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Phantom Goal that stood

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I don't understand why soccer has not implemented the video ref.

The technology is there. USE it.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think we know that offspring of a CB kia - one that flips as a result of going in from the back and coming out from the front :cool:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1899 Hoffenheim were responsible for the maintenance of the goal netting. Did no-one check the goalposts or side netting?
The Referee should have made at least a cursory inspection before the start of the match.

Gigo88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought it is the asst referee job to inspect the netting to prevent this type of incident. Maybe the asst referee kelong.

jw5

Loyal
The linesmen aka assistant referees are supposed to check the nets before the start of each half.
Looks like this match may be replayed, they have a precedent in a Bayern Munich match a few years ago.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think we know that offspring of a CB kia - one that flips as a result of going in from the back and coming out from the front :cool:

Are you referring to the CB Kia who insults other for not protesting, while he KPKB behind his PC?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't understand why soccer has not implemented the video ref.

The technology is there. USE it.

Because this guy doesn't want it.

blatter460276.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Goal line technology is currently in place for all EPL matches and will also be in place for Brazil 2014.

Goaline technology is different from video ref.
Blatter allows the former, doesn't want the latter.
Platini didn't want either, he claims too expensive.
Rugby Union currently uses video ref.

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The linesmen aka assistant referees are supposed to check the nets before the start of each half.
Looks like this match may be replayed, they have a precedent in a Bayern Munich match a few years ago.

It was done in haste. :biggrin:

<iframe src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x16563m" frameborder="0" height="270" width="480"></iframe>

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goaline technology is different from video ref.
Blatter allows the former, doesn't want the latter.
Platini didn't want either, he claims too expensive.
Rugby Union currently uses video ref.

To be honest, if the side netting had been checked properly before the match, there would be no need to have a video ref but goal line technology is a must.

Blatter and Platini are both clowns. I can't believe these jokers are running world and european football between them.:rolleyes:
FIFA stinks of corruption to the core but that's another story...

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why must this match be replayed ? this phantom goal is no different from those never cross goal-line goals matches which are never replayed.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know anything about soccer but for all the news this match has generated, the teams must get an added bonus from the federation or the governing authority.

I can't escape it; everywhere I see this link. I mean, like, duh....