• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The most impressive arches and aqueducts in the world

jw5

Loyal
1654780963124.png

Take a look at the most incredible and impressive arches and aqueducts on the planet.

jw5

Loyal
1654783442352.png

Arch of Constantine, Italy - This majestic arch was built in Rome at the behest of the Roman Senate to honor the Emperor Constantine's victory over Maxentius at the Battle of the Milvian Bridge. The monument is located next to the Roman Coliseum.

jw5

Loyal
1654788037042.png

Arc de Triomphe, France - This incredible arch is located in Paris and was built by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1806 to pay homage to his military victories. The monument is located on Charles de Gaulle Square near Champs-Elysees and was inaugurated in 1836.

jw5

Loyal
1654788224990.png

Aqueduct of Segovia, Spain - It is believed that this monument was built by the Romans around the 1st century AD. It is one of the oldest and most well-preserved aqueducts left by the empire.

jw5

Loyal
1654790349097.png

Amoreira Aqueduct, Portugal - Located in Elvas, this magnificent aqueduct is about 8.5 km long and has more than five arches that rise up to 31 m. Construction ended around 1620 and it was then that water entered inside the walls of the city for the first time. Today, this monument is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

jw5

Loyal
1654863917720.png

Caesarea Aqueduct, Israel - Caesarea Maritima was a town situated near the Mediterranean Sea, built in the first century AD by Herod the Great.

jw5

Loyal
1654868240367.png

Acueducto de los Milagros, Spain - This is another beautiful Roman aqueduct and also one of the best preserved structures of the Iberian Peninsula. It is situated in the Spanish city of Mérida and is believed to have been built by the Romans around the first century AD.

jw5

Loyal
1654873369475.png

Ferreres Aqueduct, Spain - This impressive monument is more than 200 m long and carried water from the Francolí River to the Spanish city of Tarragona.

jw5

Loyal
1654874702999.png

Arch of Titus, Italy - This arch was built to honor the military victories of Titus, a former Roman emperor. This arch served as reference for several triumphal arches built after the 16th century, including the iconic Arc de Triomphe in Paris.

jw5

Loyal
1654878933679.png

Porte du Peyrou, France - This grand French arch in Montpellier was built to honor Louis XIV and is one of the symbols of this French commune.

jw5

Loyal
1654933304157.png

Arc de Triomf, Spain - This arch was designed by the architect Josep Vilaseca i Casanovas in 1888. It is one of the symbols of Barcelona.

jw5

Loyal
1654953348503.png

Carioca Aqueduct, Brazil - This impressive construction in Rio de Janeiro is also known as Lapa Arches. It is considered the largest architectural work undertaken in Brazil during the colonial period. Today, it is a picturesque spot that draws in tourists.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I remember this aqueduct. I was there at one of those shops next to aqueduct eating roast pig.
Other people can talk about their tour but I talk about my tour only jealous Ccb Malaysian criminalS will start creating sugarbaby threads everywhere and link it to me.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I remember this aqueduct. I was there at one of those shops next to aqueduct eating roast pig.
Oh ya I went to this tour just few years ago, definitely too old to sell cb as sugarbaby so stop linking me to all the cheap sell nude sell cb chickens.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
1654955588369.png

John Nash (1752-1835) was the favoured architect of the Prince Regent, later King George IV. Under George’s auspices Nash designed and planned such landmarks as Regent’s Park, Regent Street, Carlton House Terrace, much of Buckingham Palace and Marble Arch. Marble Arch was designed to be both a grandiose gateway to an expanded Buckingham Palace and an exuberant celebration of British victories in the Napoleonic Wars – a Triumphal Arch. But the Grade I listed Arch that we see today is nowhere near as grand as Nash originally intended.

Reactions: jw5