• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The lack of principles in the primary 1 registration exercise.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is clearly intended to win political capital by pandering to the section of the electorate that is clearly unhappy with the huge influx of foreigners. There is nothing stated by way of principle by the Ministry of Education as to why the differentiation ought to be made. There are possible ways that a principled argument could be mounted for the differentiation. But MOE does not seem to find the need to justify and I can only surmise that it is a response to electoral backlash.

In this piece I am not going to look at the need to differentiate between citizens and PRs. Instead, I wish to focus on another issue that I have been concerned about for some time: the lack of principles in the primary 1 registration exercise...more here

- http://article14.blogspot.com/2012/04/pri-1-pr-proximity-and-need-for.html

callmebad

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are no more principles or justice
only power speaks
Singapore's political class is morally deteriorating!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's a tip to Sinkie parents: send your kid to a neighborhood school.

If your kid were any good, he or she will easily ace PSLE and go to a top-ranking secondary school of his/her choice.

If the school is within walking distance, even better! You'll save on school bus fees and commuting time (reach home early, able to wake up later). Your kid has forgotten to bring anything to school? Deliver it to your kid during recess time.

Once your kid goes to a secondary school, age 13 (pubic hair starts growing), the time is just right for them to take public transport by themselves.

Stop rushing for a branded primary school and volunteering with insincerity just to get your kid in a branded primary school. Admit it, you're doing it so that you can boast to your relatives/neighbors/friends that your kid has been enrolled in a branded primary school. You are all kiasu Sinkie cunts, and deep down you know I'm right.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Branded schools do provide the environment that produces excellence. In other words, Nanyang primary will consistently score way better than the average school.
So there is a case for wanting to get your kids into a branded school.

A neighbourhood school is OK too, however, there are some neighbourhood schools who are consistently atrocious. I suggest you volunteer to get to a better school if you do live beside one of those.