• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Horrifying Failure of Experts | Analyzing Nolan’s Interstellar

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hell and High Water, Wind River and Sicario 2 were great works from him. Really enjoyed those movies. Very tight script with no wasted scenes.

i watched Sicario 1. wasn’t impressed leh, even Benicio Del Toro can’t save ze show.

it was neither here nor there. ze movie couldn’t make up its mind on whether 2 b a neo noir or commercial flick.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i watched Sicario 1. wasn’t impressed leh, even Benicio Del Toro can’t save ze show.

it was neither here nor there. ze movie couldn’t make up its mind on whether 2 b a neo noir or commercial flick.
You only like big name directors lah. If you don't understand Sicario's movie arc, you cannot call yourself a movie buff. Period.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not really leh. i enjoy Dennis Villeneuve’s very next movie Arrival very much leh :rolleyes::wink::biggrin:
Like I said, you only like big name directors. You don't like dissecting and analyzing movies with good scripts. Learn how to appreciate good movies like Sicario.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Where is the neo noir in the movie? You watch too much Sin City izzit? :roflmao:

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is the neo noir in the movie? You watch too much Sin City izzit? :roflmao:

2 me neo noir means acting cool aka atas in a crime film thatz all. :biggrin:

unfortunately Sicario 1 iz juz not cool enough. Since Sicario 1 iz so bad, i skipped Sicario 2 altogether :wink:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 me neo noir means acting cool aka atas in a crime film thatz all. :biggrin:

unfortunately Sicario 1 iz juz not cool enough. Since Sicario 1 iz so bad, i skipped Sicario 2 altogether :wink:
You dunno what you're missing. Hard to talk movies with you as you're more of a mainstream-big-name-big-movie person.

I find Nolan movie more atas that requires deep thinking but you like them. So you kinda contradict yourself there.

Wonder if there are any true movie aficionado in this forum......? :thumbsdown::o-o:

Last edited:

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
You dunno what you're missing. Hard to talk movies with you as you're more of a mainstream-big-name-big-movie person.

I find Nolan movie more atas that requires deep thinking but you like them. So you kinda contradict yourself there.

Wonder if there are any true movie aficionado in this forum......? :thumbsdown::o-o:

sis i just finished watching at 1 go “get out” directed by Jordan Peele. too big name n mainstream 4 u? :unsure: