• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The GE Gold Cup Thread

What You Guys Think ?

• less than 8 seats

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 8 to 15 seats

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • 16 up to 34 seats

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • 35 seats or more

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: GE Predication- Close Fight in 9 GRC

Rallies are for entertainment. Vast majority of voters, including the swing voters, already decided by now who they are going to vote for. Unless something serious happens, people won't change their minds.

isn't it strange that the 60% never turn up to support their beloved PAP at rallies ? will the so-called hundreds of thousands of LKY lovers at his funeral turn up for the PAP's rallies this election ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

isn't it strange that the 60% never turn up to support their beloved PAP at rallies ? will the so-called hundreds of thousands of LKY lovers at his funeral turn up for the PAP's rallies this election ?

No they won't. Why bother with the rallies when you already know you are gonna vote for PAP? We hear enough of PAP's plans for the future in the daily media and what they have been doing. PAP are just simply repeating their already known plans.

People, including PAP voters, attend opposition rallies out of curiosity and also to vent some anger over unhappiness of PAP national policies. But at the end of the day, they know they are going to vote for PAP because they know roughly PAP's plans and what PAP stands for.

Funeral different lah. Only one time to send Ah Gong off.

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even if you think the WP is overhyped, if it is PAP vs WP it should be a vote for the WP, no hesitation.

Even though I am new here. I have read this forum for years. So, you and a few others are the ones whom I have respect - for your intelligence, reasoning, wit, humor etc.

I agree with you, that if it is PAP vs WP, it should be a vote for WP. That is reasonable.

However, do you not agree with me that if we keep saying that WP should have a first right to contest in a particular GRC or SMC simply because it has better chance to win, then it will keep on being a self-fulfilling prophesy?

How do we know that if the WP has not bulldozed into the MP GRC this coming election, that if it is one to one NSP vs PAP, that more oppo supporters would vote for NSP?

My main concern is that, if we are really objective, the WP has not really proven themselves during these last five years.

Their performance in the Parliament is below par, why put all our eggs in one basket and not give a chance and try out the other oppo too?

Frankly, the Bedok hawker center cleaning saga, the AHPETC CNY trade fair saga, the AHPETC town council financial management issue, if one is really objective, the WP is at fault too even though the PAP is also not right. Why not just let the WP improve themselves before they take in more GRCs and SMCs than they can chew. I personally think it is too big a risk to take by voting in too many WP MPs until they have proven themselves.

It is not as if we have no other good candidates in the other oppo parties that we can vote in. In my opinion, CSJ, Dr Paul, KJ, TJS, Hazel, Jeanette can definitely do a better job than some of the existing WP MPs. But if the WP supporters keep insisting that the WP has a better chance of winning, then these other good ones may not have a chance of winning if they are all forced to take on the difficult GRCs.

If you have visited the NSP facebook wall these last few days, you will understand what i mean. These "sickening" WP supporters were all over there threatening the NSP not to contest in the MP GRC, so much so that the NSP decided to withdraw.

It was exactly the same scenario two years ago, the WP supporters were all over the SDP facebook wall threatening and harassing the SDP to withdraw from the PEBE. I am not sure if it is what the general population want or just what the WP supporters want. Frankly, is Lee li lian the best we could have had at that time?

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal

Write so long grandmother story for fuck. Let me summarized in a few words: 'lemon' is a pap dog pretending to be an opposition supporter.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Even though I am new here. I have read this forum for years. So, you and a few others are the ones whom I have respect - for your intelligence, reasoning, wit, humor etc.

I agree with you, that if it is PAP vs WP, it should be a vote for WP. That is reasonable.

However, do you not agree with me that if we keep saying that WP should have a first right to contest in a particular GRC or SMC simply because it has better chance to win, then it will keep on being a self-fulfilling prophesy?

How do we know that if the WP has not bulldozed into the MP GRC this coming election, that if it is one to one NSP vs PAP, that more oppo supporters would vote for NSP?

My main concern is that, if we are really objective, the WP has not really proven themselves during these last five years.

Their performance in the Parliament is below par, why put all our eggs in one basket and not give a chance and try out the other oppo too?

Frankly, the Bedok hawker center cleaning saga, the AHPETC CNY trade fair saga, the AHPETC town council financial management issue, if one is really objective, the WP is at fault too even though the PAP is also not right. Why not just let the WP improve themselves before they take in more GRCs and SMCs than they can chew. I personally think it is too big a risk to take by voting in too many WP MPs until they have proven themselves.

It is not as if we have no other good candidates in the other oppo parties that we can vote in. In my opinion, CSJ, Dr Paul, KJ, TJS, Hazel, Jeanette can definitely do a better job than some of the existing WP MPs. But if the WP supporters keep insisting that the WP has a better chance of winning, then these other good ones may not have a chance of winning if they are all forced to take on the difficult GRCs.

If you have visited the NSP facebook wall these last few days, you will understand what i mean. These "sickening" WP supporters were all over there threatening the NSP not to contest in the MP GRC, so much so that the NSP decided to withdraw.

It was exactly the same scenario two years ago, the WP supporters were all over the SDP facebook wall threatening and harassing the SDP to withdraw from the PEBE. I am not sure if it is what the general population want or just what the WP supporters want. Frankly, is Lee li lian the best we could have had at that time?

1. How do you know that they are WP supporters? You established their identities without any doubt?

2. There is no such thing as "first right to contest" in any GRC or SMC. Any sinkie has the legal right to put himself or herself up for elections as long as he/she fulfills the legal requirements to stand for elections. Opposition people now are also pressuring independent candidate Tan Lam Siong to not participate in the elections in Potong Pasir ward. He has the legal right to do so.

3. How sinkies want to vote, is up to them. It's not for you to decide who they should give their chances to.

4. Sinkies are now in greater numbers, voting strategically for the candidate they think may win. If you are unhappy with that, then blame Tan Jee Say and Tan Kin Lian for causing the more popular and more respected Tan Cheng Bock to lose by a whisker. You can see the effect of the strategic voting pattern in the Punggol-East by-elections.

5. Sinkies still vote for the party, not the candidate. People vote for WP or PAP because they perceive the party to be more reliable. If the party is not reliable, most voters don't give a fark how good your individual candidate is.

6. Most opposition parties are made up of candidates who jump from party to party. To the average voter, that is instability, and sinkies hate instability. They don't give a fark for your reasons. They hate instability. They ain't voting for you. Period.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

You know why nobody go PAP rallies? Because no matter what PAP says at rallies, at the end of the day, they do what the want.

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. How do you know that they are WP supporters? You established their identities without any doubt?

2. There is no such thing as "first right to contest" in any GRC or SMC. Any sinkie has the legal right to put himself or herself up for elections as long as he/she fulfills the legal requirements to stand for elections. Opposition people now are also pressuring independent candidate Tan Lam Siong to not participate in the elections in Potong Pasir ward. He has the legal right to do so.

3. How sinkies want to vote, is up to them. It's not for you to decide who they should give their chances to.

4. Sinkies are now in greater numbers, voting strategically for the candidate they think may win. If you are unhappy with that, then blame Tan Jee Say and Tan Kin Lian for causing the more popular and more respected Tan Cheng Bock to lose by a whisker. You can see the effect of the strategic voting pattern in the Punggol-East by-elections.

5. Sinkies still vote for the party, not the candidate. People vote for WP or PAP because they perceive the party to be more reliable. If the party is not reliable, most voters don't give a fark how good your individual candidate is.

6. Most opposition parties are made up of candidates who jump from party to party. To the average voter, that is instability, and sinkies hate instability. They don't give a fark for your reasons. They hate instability. They ain't voting for you. Period.

Ok, JohnTan, I have said I am sorry that I do not want to have a lengthy discussion with you because you are a PAP supporter (at least that is what I concluded from all your posts here in this forum). Right now, you seem to be speaking for the WP and I am seriously confused!

I have only one objective here, that is to tell the whole wide world that we have other good oppo parties to vote for in Singapore besides the WP. I am not saying do not vote for the WP, I am saying that the WP has not proven themselves enough to be the only oppo choice. The WP is not the only oppo party that we can vote for, period.

I will only answer your question number 1, and from now on, I will ignore all your questions. I am sorry for ignoring all the other questions henceforth.

I am not dumb to know who is or is not a WP supporter. You cannot tell for sure in SB forum and the TRE forum. But 80% of the time you can tell when it is on facebook, with their pictures, their friends' pictures, their families etc. You can check and confirm their identities by doing cross-references. If you have read the Workers Party facebook wall for years, unless you are dumb, you know who is who! Bye!

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Write so long grandmother story for fuck. Let me summarized in a few words: 'lemon' is a pap dog pretending to be an opposition supporter.

I was about to sign off until I read your post.

This kind of post is the type I detest most. You are the "lowest" form of WP supporters.

You have such a simple mind. Absolutely no critical thinking at all. You are a perfect by-product of 50 years of PAP brain washing and conditioning.

Anybody who writes something unfavourable about the WP is a PAP dog?

Sickening to the nth degree!

Last edited:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

pap gao
go eat gao sai.

This kind of post is the type I detest most. You are the "lowest" form of WP supporters.

You have such a simple mind. Absolutely no critical thinking at all. You are a perfect by-product of 50 years of PAP brain washing and conditioning.

Anybody who writes something unfavourable about the WP is a PAP dog.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who are you to lecture us ? You just join this forum and yet to contribute anything that is useful. Your post just clearly shows that you are ignorant HYPOCRITE.
We don't need your advice at all. Whether lowest or highest form of any supporter for any party, you are NOT the judge here.
We appreciate if you could just shut up, if not post constructive stuff instead of being a TROLLER.
Seriously this community has enough douchebag people and we don't need 1 more to entertain us !
lol

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lanjiao to u pap dog. Stop pretending to be a opposition supporter. Limpei look down on hypocrites like u. At least johntan openly suck up to pap. You? Bolanjiao dog.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another sickening WP supporter! There is no need to be rude please!

That is why I feel sorry for Singapore if the WP is the only oppo party to win!

Crawl back in the hole you came from and continue your LURKING JOURNEY :rolleyes:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rallies are for entertainment. Vast majority of voters, including the swing voters, already decided by now who they are going to vote for. Unless something serious happens, people won't change their minds.

I really enjoyed the 'entertainment' by PAP especially the Teo Ser Luck 'Majullah' cry last election!! Laugh until pang sai!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No they won't. Why bother with the rallies when you already know you are gonna vote for PAP? We hear enough of PAP's plans for the future in the daily media and what they have been doing. PAP are just simply repeating their already known plans.

People, including PAP voters, attend opposition rallies out of curiosity and also to vent some anger over unhappiness of PAP national policies. But at the end of the day, they know they are going to vote for PAP because they know roughly PAP's plans and what PAP stands for.

Funeral different lah. Only one time to send Ah Gong off.

even the hardcore PAP voters didn't want to attend the rallies ? it is strange that the PAP couldn't get their traditional or hardcore supporters outside their organizations to attend the rallies. the traditional opposition supporters, non-party affiliated simply attended the rallies in great numbers.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

even the hardcore PAP voters didn't want to attend the rallies ? it is strange that the PAP couldn't get their traditional or hardcore supporters outside their organizations to attend the rallies. the traditional opposition supporters, non-party affiliated simply attended the rallies in great numbers.

PAP is more concerned with people voting for them, not attending the rallies. Opposition parties for years have been more concerned about rally attendance than actual votes. Little wonder why they keep losing.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Ok, JohnTan, I have said I am sorry that I do not want to have a lengthy discussion with you because you are a PAP supporter (at least that is what I concluded from all your posts here in this forum). Right now, you seem to be speaking for the WP and I am seriously confused!

I have only one objective here, that is to tell the whole wide world that we have other good oppo parties to vote for in Singapore besides the WP. I am not saying do not vote for the WP, I am saying that the WP has not proven themselves enough to be the only oppo choice. The WP is not the only oppo party that we can vote for, period.

I will only answer your question number 1, and from now on, I will ignore all your questions. I am sorry for ignoring all the other questions henceforth.

I am not dumb to know who is or is not a WP supporter. You cannot tell for sure in SB forum and the TRE forum. But 80% of the time you can tell when it is on facebook, with their pictures, their friends' pictures, their families etc. You can check and confirm their identities by doing cross-references. If you have read the Workers Party facebook wall for years, unless you are dumb, you know who is who! Bye!

Voters are likely to vote for either PAP or WP. If faced with PAP or some other opposition party, they will either choose to vote for PAP or spoil their vote. That's the opinion that many voters feel towards most other opposition parties. It's the hard truth, regardless of which party you support or which party you dislike.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP is more concerned with people voting for them, not attending the rallies. Opposition parties for years have been more concerned about rally attendance than actual votes. Little wonder why they keep losing.

if the PAP was not concerned with the rallies attendance, why they ferried their members to their multiple rallies daily during the campaigning period ? the Opposition didn't do those silly things. people attended their rallies on one's own initiative.