• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The future of the 40%

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taipei City .... just look at the platform

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ji2tCOM3skU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sometimes I feel that my vote for the Oppos was in vain not because I'm disapointed with the Oppos but I'm just pissed off with the selfish 60%.. I'm beginning to give up hope for this country.. Everywhere I go, I see the Ah Nehs, Ah Tiongs and the Pinoys surrounding me...This country has indeed gone to the dogs.. :(

I share the same sentiment as you brother. If you had noticed, these foreigners have become very vocal in recent times as they knew that our government has a pro FT policy. Some of us are lucky to have the ability to migrate. Some, like you and me having foreign spouse, have another option should the day really come and we have to make a choice.
The situation is not going to improve in the next 5 years. In fact, it will only get worse. Now they are just finding quick fix solutions to all these transport and housing problems. The moment they find the temporary solution, the floodgate will open once more.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taipei is all about cars and taxis. That's the quality and stardard of living ROC delivered. Don't believe? Ask Cheowyonglee or Sideswipe. Taipei roads can be ten lanes broad. Traffic jams are very rare. Very few people take bus or MRT except long distance bus or train across cities.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is going to be the norm from now on.

The 40%, what are you waiting for ?

smrt1.jpg

Our MRT stations and trains are not overcrowded at all and they're under used.

PAP Gahman can safely bring in another 3m of foreign trash!

mrt_stn_a_0.jpg

mrt_stn_b.jpg

mrt_stn_c_0.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taipei is all about cars and taxis. That's the quality and stardard of living ROC delivered. Don't believe? Ask Cheowyonglee or Sideswipe. Taipei roads can be ten lanes broad. Traffic jams are very rare. Very few people take bus or MRT except long distance bus or train across cities.
Ah Ram, dont bullshit lah. Taipei traffic jam is almost like BKK. And one thing for sure, taxis are not popular becos' most taxi drivers are lao mua. Illegal parking cars get tow away anytime. Traffic jam is very common in Taipei. Other parts of ROC, i not sure but Taipei confirm can fight with BKK.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bros, don't wait any longer. That was my mistake many years back and one of my biggest regret.

Do you trust a garbermeny who lends 4 billion to others when 400k of own people earning less than 1.5K and they dare to tell people they are first world?

Sorry to say. There is nothing left in sinking land. All it take is for a few more piece of ice to melt in the north, and sinkingland will really sink. Fuck PAP

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Ram, dont bullshit lah. Taipei traffic jam is almost like BKK. And one thing for sure, taxis are not popular becos' most taxi drivers are lao mua. Illegal parking cars get tow away anytime. Traffic jam is very common in Taipei. Other parts of ROC, i not sure but Taipei confirm can fight with BKK.

hahaha.........:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bros, don't wait any longer. That was my mistake many years back and one of my biggest regret.

Do you trust a garbermeny who lends 4 billion to others when 400k of own people earning less than 1.5K and they dare to tell people they are first world?

Sorry to say. There is nothing left in sinking land. All it take is for a few more piece of ice to melt in the north, and sinkingland will really sink. Fuck PAP

WHAHAHAHAH...that big cannon fairy again :wink:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
COE is already hitting S$100,000. A 1.3L averages S$150,000 and a 1.6L averages S$180,000 now. ERP, petrol and parking have been averaging 20 to 30% increases p.a.

Errr... not so high lah... i think more like 120k for 1.6... still high nonetheless

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trouble here is every economic decision is politically driven.
Instead of expanding the capacity, the PAP prefers to use it to hold you hostage. Don't vote for us? You will regret for the next 5 years. That includes super-pack MRT stations that breaks down every 3 days.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth said:

That was the impression when I last went there. They have widen the roads to solve their problem, which left me wondering when I returned whether we had been leaning too much on the easy band aids of ERP and COE, so much so that the Used By date has been reached.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That was the impression when I last went there. They have widen the roads to solve their problem, which left me wondering when I returned whether we had been leaning too much on the easy band aids of ERP and COE, so much so that the Used By date has been reached.

ERP & COE is not bandaid.

Its a money making scheme for the garmen. The a$$hole who came up with this idea is very well loved by his masters.

jw5

Loyal

It is even worse when u are trying to get from Taichung to Taipei on a Friday evening on the highway.
You can literally come out of the car and stand there for 15 minutes without having to move.