• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Fastest Train in the World!!!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Wuhan to Guangzhou only 469 RMB second class seat!

The Fastest Train in the World

The fastest commercial train in the world is now fully armed and operational, covering the line between New York and San Francisco. OK, I lied. Actually, that's what I wanted to write. Sadly for us, it's in China.

500x_china-train.jpg

Developed with Siemens, Bombardier and Alstom, the new train swooshes across the red land at 245mph (394km/h). The service covers 663 miles (1,068 kilometers) at an average of 217mph (350km/h), which means it's the fastest train in operation in the world according to China's railways ministry. It's part of the network of 42 high-speed lines that will be finished by 2012. If you have never tried these amazing trains in Europe or Japan, imagine going from New York to Chicago in just a bit over three hours, no absurd controls, no waits, no taxis needed.

500x_article-0-07b361c5000005dc-42_964x651.jpg

The new Chinese high-speed lines will increase their total network from 53,437 miles to 74,564 miles. That's still smaller than the US railway system which, but ours only has one single "high-speed" line, bridging the 456 miles that separate Boston from Washington at a whooping 70mph average, totaling seven hours. Don't take that line, folks. It will liquify your brain.

500x_article-0-07b354f8000005dc-152_964x590.jpg

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When Chinaman looks at this, all he sees is a new haven for him to:

1) Spit on the sidewalk
2) Urinate/defecate at every possible corner
3) Pickpocket
4) Talk loudly/yell into his handphone

The list will just go on and on...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow safer than china airlines. good choice.

From Wuhan to Guangzhou only 469 RMB second class seat!

The Fastest Train in the World

The fastest commercial train in the world is now fully armed and operational, covering the line between New York and San Francisco. OK, I lied. Actually, that's what I wanted to write. Sadly for us, it's in China.

500x_china-train.jpg

Developed with Siemens, Bombardier and Alstom, the new train swooshes across the red land at 245mph (394km/h). The service covers 663 miles (1,068 kilometers) at an average of 217mph (350km/h), which means it's the fastest train in operation in the world according to China's railways ministry. It's part of the network of 42 high-speed lines that will be finished by 2012. If you have never tried these amazing trains in Europe or Japan, imagine going from New York to Chicago in just a bit over three hours, no absurd controls, no waits, no taxis needed.

500x_article-0-07b361c5000005dc-42_964x651.jpg

The new Chinese high-speed lines will increase their total network from 53,437 miles to 74,564 miles. That's still smaller than the US railway system which, but ours only has one single "high-speed" line, bridging the 456 miles that separate Boston from Washington at a whooping 70mph average, totaling seven hours. Don't take that line, folks. It will liquify your brain.

500x_article-0-07b354f8000005dc-152_964x590.jpg

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wahahahahaha, why am I not surprised that this HAD TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

FUCKING CHINAMEN, NO FUCKING SENSE OF DECENCY, NO FUCKING SENSE MANNERS, NO FUCKING SENSE OF PUBLIC ETIQUETTE, NO FUCKING UPBRINGING!!!!!!!!!

Dec 31, 2009
Smoker halts fastest train

BEIJING - CHINA has unveiled what it says is the fastest rail link in the world, but the train came to a screeching halt this week, leaving thousands of passengers stranded - thanks to a law-breaking smoker.

The cigarette smoke triggered a fire alarm Tuesday on the train connecting the southern economic hub of Guangzhou to the central city of Wuhan - a journey now made at an average speed of 350 kilometres (217 miles) an hour.

The train, which was still in the station when the incident occurred, was able to leave Guangzhou two-and-a-half hours later after a series of safety checks, the official Xinhua news agency reported late Wednesday.

The departures of three trains were delayed as well, the China Daily reported.

'Smoking is strictly forbidden on the Wuhan-Guangzhou high-speed train, even in the toilet,' the agency quoted a spokesman with the Guangzhou Railway Group Corporation as saying. 'It could trigger the alarm and even cause equipment failures.' The smoker fled the scene before the alarm sounded, Xinhua said.

The high-speed express launched on Saturday slashes the travel time between Guangzhou and Wuhan, a distance of 1,069 kilometres, from more than 10 hours to just three. China aims to eventually extend the link from Guangzhou to the capital Beijing. -- AFP <!-- / message --> <!-- controls -->

Walau! Dun stereotype leh!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there seem to be some engineering or software fault.

how can smoke alarm deactivate the train.

it is like, if i fly on plane and i went to toilet to smoke, i activate the smoke alarm and the plane engine stop.
this is crazy.

why would a smoke alarm disable the train.

fxxking design fault.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think there was an accident before in Europe many people were killed in a tunnel because a flame broke out and people cannot escape because of running train!

fire and smoke is different.

fire from trucks carrying fuel/goods are very dangerous.
there seem to be no fuel or cargos for bullet train.
so totally diferent issue.