• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Demise of the Singapore Police Force

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose the last straw was seeing one of Singapore Police Force's most illustrious for all the wrong reasons icon becoming an asst branch secretary of PAP Hougang. Lionel de Souza's corrupt and indisciplined time in the force is the stuff of legend according to so many ex-officers and there have been no single exception. Even common criminals have accused him of gratituous assault and frabrication of evidence. Just ask him how many times he has faced the disclipnary board.

Despite rank inflation going overboard, there has not been measurable increase in Police performance in the public eye. One sees the same templated comments for nearly every case and it come from this usual list of rubbish no matter how petty the incident. Here is the list

- after conducting extensive enquiries ( the police do not conduct simple and straight foward investigations even for minor matters for some reason)
- after protracted investigation ( again nothing simple is ever done even for straight forward cases)
- mounted an operation ( they don't conduct an operation, that would sound too easy, it has to be mounted)
- conduct a raid or a dawn raid ( knocking on a door or arresting an accused in his home without giving the impression of high drama seems to be a cardinal sin.) we all know that 95% have little choice but give up and frankly is usually conducted by a pot bellied detective and a skinny newbie after 2 rounds at a HFJ.

A good example is where the police arrested the creative young girl for sticking and painting creative, artistic expression of society's discontent. All they had to do is call her and her parents. Don't worry about they destroying evidence. This is about a rare socially aware and conscious Singapoan girl who has more balls than the Commisisoner of Police who through out his career is well known for avoiding anything and everything that required hardwork or demanding work. His only attempt at investigations led to the investigation papers going missing from the boot of his car at Plaza Singapura.

Last week,s "gravitas" PR release had people rolling with laughter on how a Supt of Police had such a poor command of the English Language and yet was so bold to write using words and context he had no clue of either - sounds like a dawn raid into the English Language that went all wrong. And the spiel about charity and goodwill seemed completely out of place. I bet this guy memorised 50 topics for his GP paper.

Lets see how the Police deals with the video that is going viral on the terrible assault of the presumably pregant lady by a thug at Sophia Rd. This is not just a simple assault case (though by law it is ). It is a socially revolting and despicable incident. An ASP has the power initiate an investigation. The Police should for once need to get engaged socially and seek clue and infromation from the wider public. This is the time to conduct your legendary extensive enquiries, protracted investigation etc . Stop being pre-occupied with blow-jobs and sex from vendors. Time to earn your fucking keep you arseholes.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Scroobal

Can you or GD or someone please advise on the following:

1. If there is a dispute between 2 individuals or among a few individuals which results in some assault or bodily harm, will the victims be asked to make a magistrate's report if they call the police, i.e. the police will not take any action?

2. Is this common practice for other countries or unique to SG?

Tks.

Mikeferdy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal

1. If there is a dispute between 2 individuals or among a few individuals which results in some assault or bodily harm, will the victims be asked to make a magistrate's report if they call the police, i.e. the police will not take any action?

Tks.

If assault more than 4 people vs x no. Of people is considered rioting and will be a police case.

However, between 2 individuals will always be magistrate case because it falls under Voluntarily Causing Hurt VCH.

The problem is "HURT" is a very subjective term and requires the subject to file a case first to make sure that the subject is truly "hurt" and want to pursue the matter. Police cannot anyhow investigate VHS because you pinch someone is considered "HURT" also.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If assault more than 4 people vs x no. Of people is considered rioting and will be a police case.

However, between 2 individuals will always be magistrate case because it falls under Voluntarily Causing Hurt VCH.

The problem is "HURT" is a very subjective term and requires the subject to file a case first to make sure that the subject is truly "hurt" and want to pursue the matter. Police cannot anyhow investigate VHS because you pinch someone is considered "HURT" also.
GD and any ex or current law enforcer, correct me if I salah.

If you are hurted in such a scenario, use CI. Tell the IO the attackers use CI on you. :smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scroobal

Tks.

Bro, Voluntary Causing Hurt (VCH) cases, under section 323 of the Penal Code is non-seizable. Police will advice the aggrieved party to lodge a Magistrate Complaint at the Subordinate Court. From there, a Magistrate will direct a land division to investgate. Most of these files are sat on in the land divisions. IOs there have too many IPs to investigate. These Magistrate Complaint files were a nuisance while I was around. I suspect it still is.

There is no need to refer to Magistrate in 323 cases if it involves road bullies. I think YPH was the one behind this. Such cases will involve incarceration 99% of the time. Few escaped this.

Some 323 cases are investigated if it is deemed sensitive enough. You simply give it a higher classification to make an arrest. For instance, if LHL's son kena beaten at a disco. Injuries look quite bad. A 323 classification will end the career of the officer classifying the case. A classification of suspected grievous hurt under sec 325 PENDING medical report would be the safest route to take.

Not sure if it is uniquely Singapore but my guess is it isn't.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You need 5 for case to be considered rioting (sec 147) or unlawful assembly (sec 143).

Where 2 chaps fought in the presence of mata, it is affray (sec 161 I think).

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Answers to both questions is generally yes. The main reason is that assault involving violence varies widely from a push, shove, slap to all out assault with bodily injuries, bleeding but not broken bones or extended period of hospitalisation.

Most cases of assault involve known parties and after all those state resources are thrown, they settle among themselves and go hostile in court especially is it involves couples or family members immediate and extended. Anyway, most are simple matters and should be resolved by themselves.

The trouble with the Singapore Police Force is that 2 generations have been raised to follow the letter of the law and leave their brains in the bathroom after waking up and burshing their teeth. Unless someone who remembers to bring his brains to work and give instructions, the auto pilot in the fucking brains will advise the badly bleeding, traumatised victim of an assault by a total stanger to go lodge a magistrate complaint and then give medical form to go get a check-up at a hospital. Unlike in other countries, where an officer can make a determination, the Singapore Police Force forbids independent thought. No ASP despite given the powers is going to disrupt his meeting with a vendor to do any close to administering social justice.

However if the assault is in full view of a Police Officer, they must act.

Let me give you an example of our illustrious Force. I think his name is Suresh Nair or something and he was SPH Journalist and a hopeless footbal referee. he was assaulted by a fan after a game. It was more of a shove and a push. He lodged a report and the Police did the usual. He then called some senior officer and since he was a SPH jpurnalist, all hell broke loose. No need extensive enquiries, protracted investigation etc. The guy was arrested, charged in court and convicted. Years later I heard that the same Jorunalist was banned from Singapore Cricket Club for throwing a full punch at a member while a guest in the club. That is justice for you Singapore style.

Scroobal

Tks.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suppose the last straw was seeing one of Singapore Police Force's most illustrious for all the wrong reasons icon becoming an asst branch secretary of PAP Hougang. Lionel de Souza's corrupt and indisciplined time in the force is the stuff of legend according to so many ex-officers and there have been no single exception. Even common criminals have accused him of gratituous assault and frabrication of evidence. Just ask him how many times he has faced the disclipnary board.

Despite rank inflation going overboard, there has not been measurable increase in Police performance in the public eye. One sees the same templated comments for nearly every case and it come from this usual list of rubbish no matter how petty the incident. Here is the list

- after conducting extensive enquiries ( the police do not conduct simple and straight foward investigations even for minor matters for some reason)
- after protracted investigation ( again nothing simple is ever done even for straight forward cases)
- mounted an operation ( they don't conduct an operation, that would sound too easy, it has to be mounted)
- conduct a raid or a dawn raid ( knocking on a door or arresting an accused in his home without giving the impression of high drama seems to be a cardinal sin.) we all know that 95% have little choice but give up and frankly is usually conducted by a pot bellied detective and a skinny newbie after 2 rounds at a HFJ.

A good example is where the police arrested the creative young girl for sticking and painting creative, artistic expression of society's discontent. All they had to do is call her and her parents. Don't worry about they destroying evidence. This is about a rare socially aware and conscious Singapoan girl who has more balls than the Commisisoner of Police who through out his career is well known for avoiding anything and everything that required hardwork or demanding work. His only attempt at investigations led to the investigation papers going missing from the boot of his car at Plaza Singapura.

Last week,s "gravitas" PR release had people rolling with laughter on how a Supt of Police had such a poor command of the English Language and yet was so bold to write using words and context he had no clue of either - sounds like a dawn raid into the English Language that went all wrong. And the spiel about charity and goodwill seemed completely out of place. I bet this guy memorised 50 topics for his GP paper.

Lets see how the Police deals with the video that is going viral on the terrible assault of the presumably pregant lady by a thug at Sophia Rd. This is not just a simple assault case (though by law it is ). It is a socially revolting and despicable incident. An ASP has the power initiate an investigation. The Police should for once need to get engaged socially and seek clue and infromation from the wider public. This is the time to conduct your legendary extensive enquiries, protracted investigation etc . Stop being pre-occupied with blow-jobs and sex from vendors. Time to earn your fucking keep you arseholes.

The same templated comments will not get the officer into trouble. Insurance already bought. Can never be wrong. Templated comments highlighted by you is meant to serve a purpose to the gullibles in our society. It is meant to portray an impression our cops sipei kilat type - extensive, protracted, elite unit etc. Bloody nonsense! Btw, all interviews must be cleared by at least a DD or Dy Comdr.

No choice but have to agree with your comments on the current CP. Can't blame him though. After the 'elimination process', he was the only one left standing. I almost lost a big bet with an ex-colleague when told NJH was going to be CP. Benedict Cheong, Heng Chee How, Heng Swee Keat, Leo Yip, Lock Wai Han, Soh Wai Wah, Soh Kee Hean were some of those in the running. For various reasons, they did not make it to the finishing line. Some flew past the line even before NJH was in the list! People like the 2 Hengs, Leo Yip. They were meant for higher office.

An old timer told me 2 decades ago that the only ones impressed with our beloved SPF are those who never dealt with the SPF. Those who dealt with SPF will pui chow nua.

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
GoldenDragon, sorry but not sure if Im getting you right, you mean causing grievous hurt/bodily assault is non-seizable offence meaning non-arrest case? So if I smash a bottle over someone's head or stab him with a knife, just private settlement and thats it? lol, i think not so simple right?

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro GD, yes. Find CI can be quite easy to charge. Simple fighting maybe no case. Add Criminal Intimidation In in, sure got case.

CI involves threats to cause another bodily harm etc. Once action is completed, no more CI. Another offence takes place.

I recall many police investigators will find all ways to classify a genuine CI case to one of 'verbal threat' to avoid further investigation.
Am sure that habit continues today.

GrammarPolice

You have to write good English yourself to make such a comment. Just read what you have written, especially your punctuation. It's an English examiner's nightmare.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
PSC and the cabinet do a great disservice to this country when they strip an organisation of excellent and well groomed Police Scholars and we then reach down an empty barrel to find only one apple. Leo and Heng are two examples. Khoo Boon Hui was deemed unfit to be in the SAF and thrown to the SPF. BL and others who are operationally and organisationally superb end up in ISD.

So the general public end up with mediocre crap running thru the various veins of the organisation.

Your last para is spot on.

When i saw the video of the assault of the poor lady, my heart melted. I am prepared to fund an entire investigation to bring this arsehole to justice if the fucking Police Force is not prepared to do so.

No choice but have to agree with your comments on the current CP. Can't blame him though. After the 'elimination process', he was the only one left standing. I almost lost a big bet with an ex-colleague when told NJH was going to be CP. Benedict Cheong, Heng Chee How, Heng Swee Keat, Leo Yip, Lock Wai Han, Soh Wai Wah, Soh Kee Hean were some of those in the running. For various reasons, they did not make it to the finishing line. Some flew past the line even before NJH was in the list! People like the 2 Hengs, Leo Yip. They were meant for higher office.

An old timer told me 2 decades ago that the only ones impressed with our beloved SPF are those who never dealt with the SPF. Those who dealt with SPF will pui chow nua.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GoldenDragon, sorry but not sure if Im getting you right, you mean causing grievous hurt/bodily assault is non-seizable offence meaning non-arrest case? So if I smash a bottle over someone's head or stab him with a knife, just private settlement and thats it? lol, i think not so simple right?

Apologies if my explanation wasn't clear.

Once 'grievous' or suspected 'grievous' takes place, no longer 323. 325 takes over, a seizable offence.

If you use a bottle over someone's head, it is VCH with dangerous weapon under sec 324. You may get a 323 amended charge later if you get your lawyer to make representation provided you PG to the charge, 1st time offender and various other reasons.

If you break the bottle and then attack, no chance for 323 charge. Depending on injuries sustained, could be 326. Stabbing with knife is 326, VCGH with dangerous weapon.

For 323, cannot have weapons, 5 or more involved or grievous hurt taking place.

The Penetrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also heard theres a difference between " assault " and " battery " . So if I punch someone car when shes inside I will get charge for battery but not assault .

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apologies if my explanation wasn't clear.

Once 'grievous' or suspected 'grievous' takes place, no longer 323. 325 takes over, a seizable offence.

If you use a bottle over someone's head, it is VCH with dangerous weapon under sec 324. You may get a 323 amended charge later if you get your lawyer to make representation provided you PG to the charge, 1st time offender and various other reasons.

If you break the bottle and then attack, no chance for 323 charge. Depending on injuries sustained, could be 326. Stabbing with knife is 326, VCGH with dangerous weapon.

For 323, cannot have weapons, 5 or more involved or grievous hurt taking place.
What about compounding if both parties settled outside? If someone kena charge and later, the other party decide to drop charges, is this compoundable for VCH ot VCGH?

Honestly speaking, the law favor those who know them. Those who don't know law really ass luck.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When i saw the video of the assault of the poor lady, my heart melted. I am prepared to fund an entire investigation to bring this arsehole to justice if the fucking Police Force is not prepared to do so.

New Comdr at Tanglin very on. Still a bachelor. Lots of time to be of service to the nation. No distraction with golf or char bor.

HI there lau chiao. Excellent investigator. I am sure this case will be number 1 priority. New Comdr needs to impress a beh cai CP.

Your chances of funding an investigation not likely to succeed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, another grey area.

Saying that you will kill someone does not go far as people do that all the time. Threat with no intention or means to carrynit out.

Saying that you will kill someone by showing a weapon, stating that you will set fire or throw acid or bomb will get a reaction and quite immediate. In a niteclub, you break bottle and threathen someone is more less considered an event during a heated moment, and nothing happens.

You write that you want to kill somone and send it via post or email is considered serious as it involves pre meditation and some level of planning. Writing that you will kill someone in the heat of the moment while having a discussion is considered not serious.

The intented victim must also be genuinely be alarmed by the threat

Bro GD, yes. Find CI can be quite easy to charge. Simple fighting maybe no case. Add Criminal Intimidation In in, sure got case.