• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The death of mom and pop shops

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their costs are low and they just include enough margin to make a decent living without pressure

Then comes UPGRADING or EN BLOC

This really sabo, because the rents or mortgage will shoot up and everybody wil be screwed.

The small business owners sweat like hell because of the high fixed costs, so they pass on some to consumer who have to pay so much more. Only winner is the landlord

UPGRADING, EN BLOC, REIT - these are dirty words

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
our society is all MONEY MONEY MONEY

no grace, no compassion, only MONEY

fuck this modern 2010 society

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their costs are low and they just include enough margin to make a decent living without pressure

Then comes UPGRADING or EN BLOC

This really sabo, because the rents or mortgage will shoot up and everybody wil be screwed.

The small business owners sweat like hell because of the high fixed costs, so they pass on some to consumer who have to pay so much more. Only winner is the landlord

UPGRADING, EN BLOC, REIT - these are dirty words

I make it a point to buy stuff, such as household items, sometimes gorceries, if they sell it, from them, wherever possible.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I make it a point to buy stuff, such as household items, sometimes gorceries, if they sell it, from them, wherever possible.

Not many of them are left, where I live, we have two NTUC SUPERMARKETS, one shop n Save, three seven elevens, two econ minimarts, three coffeeshops that was renovated to become mini food courts & one a 24 hour operation.

These effectively killed all the small traders, the mom & pop shops, in return drive up prices that raised the cost of living, with no corresponding rise in actual income.

Of course, we do not need to buy things from 7-11, but sometimes we need some small items of certain product, in the past, we can purchase them from the small traders...now we are at the mercies of franchisers, co-operatives & corporations, all these encouraged by a government with no heart for the common man.:p

R

redlightmeansgo

NTUC . .. the trade union that cannibalises the moms and pops in the hood. Now i heard, after doing funeral and undertaker's business, they are also into getai.

Is there anything left in Sinkie that is worth protecting?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NTUC . .. the trade union that cannibalises the moms and pops in the hood. Now i heard, after doing funeral and undertaker's business, they are also into getai.

Is there anything left in Sinkie that is worth protecting?

It is a one stop business from cradle to death, plus a hand in your hard earned money also....:biggrin:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowsadays they also sells the moms and pops ah? KNN I think too many old people oredy so got to sell them also issit?