• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Battle Of Tampines

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Tampines,

I am not being naive, neither will I be stupid about such things. :smile:

I understand how the Malay response to opposition prior to this. It is NEVER easy to get the support of the Malay voters, least getting them to buy our newspaper, be it WP or NSP or otherwise.

But the ground has shifted over the years. It is not just NSP but for other opposition parties like WP as well.

Make no mistake about it, it is a genuine shift of ground, especially for the past few months.

Of course, only the poll will tell the whole picture. Thanks any way.

Goh Meng Seng

Meng Seng,

I hope you are not politically naive.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand how the Malay response to opposition prior to this. It is NEVER easy to get the support of the Malay voters, least getting them to buy our newspaper, be it WP or NSP or otherwise.

But the ground has shifted over the years. It is not just NSP but for other opposition parties like WP as well.

Make no mistake about it, it is a genuine shift of ground, especially for the past few months.

PAP has been cautiously guarding Malay votes since the Francis Seow and Jufrie swinging of Malay votes in Eunos 1988-91, including the "soft" clampdown on AMP in the 2000s.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Goh should go for Bahasa class,if he really wants to make a career in politics.

I doubt it'd be useful or fruitful for someone who utters without thinking, "only Chinese educated can understand" with his ROM without going through his CPU. I'd not be surprised if he ever learns Malay, he'd use it scold them, "kepala butoh, bodoh!" :eek:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt it'd be useful or fruitful for someone who utters without thinking, "only Chinese educated can understand" with his ROM without going through his CPU. I'd not be surprised if he ever learns Malay, he'd use it scold them, "kepala butoh, bodoh!" :eek:
If he is Chinese educated,then Mr Goh should tale some lessons from the politicians of Taiwan DPP,who spent their youth fighting dictators who were mentors of MM LKY,then discovered to late in thier life the uglyness of human nature,among their comrades.

I do not have much respect for Goh,but I do hope he can learn some lessons along the way.and make himmslef more effective and uselful to fight against the monopolistic power of PAP.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Tampines,

I am not being naive, neither will I be stupid about such things. :smile:

Of course, only the poll will tell the whole picture. Thanks any way.

Goh Meng Seng

Wah Lau eh..... you say Malays are racist and cheapo issit? hehe

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS move of forming a Malay Bureau is a risky one. You can get Malay members, but not shift the Malay votes. In fact, a bad Malay pisses off Malays more than a non-Malay. Moreover, overselling MB may displease Chinese and Indians. The only upside to offset the disadvantages is to attract really good Malays. But right now, the Malays there are not the best. Furthermore, one attracted fella is another Anthony Ng like spamma fella. Hope NSP would not gain the reputation of spamming on the politic-internet world.

All I can say is, good luck, cos I know he (GMS) is putting in effort in the cause.