• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai woman detained at Changi with 3.2kg of methamphetamine

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can someone post the list that will incur the death penalty for the amount of various drugs one carries into sg?

Penalties for Drug Possession in Singapore

Under the Misuse of Drugs Act, the prescribed penalties for possession of small amounts range from fines of up to $20,000 to a maximum of ten years in prison.

As per Section 17 of the Act, you are automatically presumed to be trafficking in drugs if you are caught with the following amounts:

Heroin - 2 grams or more
Cocaine - 3 grams or more
Morphine - 3 grams ore more
MDMA (ecstasy) - 10 grams or more
Hashish - 10 grams or more
Cannabis - 15 grams or more
Opium - 100 grams or more
Methamphetamine - 25 grams or more
As per Schedule 2 of the Act, a mandatory death penalty is prescribed if you are convicted of possessing any of the following:

Heroin - 15 grams or more
Cocaine - 30 grams or more
Morphine - 30 grams or more
Hashish - 200 grams or more
Methamphetamine - 250 grams or more
Cannabis - 500 grams or more
Opium - 1,200 grams or more

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if you carry all of the above but each 1 gram less than the limit will you be dead duck?

If I'm a drug lord ... I will ask men to carry as much drugs as possible to maximize my profit . since I pay them to do the job :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What about selling cough syrup ? :wink:

Don't say I never give u all lobang to make money .. Before CNB banned the sale of cough syrup on the street .. It's time to make money :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oii, my question not on business point of view leh

It is on legal point of view

Paiseh , I think will Kena charge for consumption .. I ever arrested some addicts with small amount of different drugs ..they are charge with consumption . But then again , depends on CNB ..

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about selling cough syrup ? :wink:

Don't say I never give u all lobang to make money .. Before CNB banned the sale of cough syrup on the street .. It's time to make money :wink:

Yes, a lucrative business in the backlanes. Still worthwhile until laws are changed.

GenghisKHAN

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the new laws on mandatory death penalty, if she's just a naive mule and has no other part in the drug distribution, she may get away without the death sentence.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's exactly it. The "pragmatic" PAP govt prefers not to have regular diplomatic spats with other countries.

But the local anti-death penalty lobby would of course claim credit for the change.

Who's the local anti-death penalty lobby? Not that I know of.

mulvi74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are any drugs illegal. You want to do your problem. McDonalds isn't healthy either but it's not illegal and just as there are fat fucks who eat maccas every day there are junkies. However, some people may eat maccas once a month or have some coke once a month. Hardly likely to fuck up their health. Thus, people will by and large moderate their consumption of both no ?? Drugs are illegal pretty much the world over and lets be honest in any country if you want you can get. Prohibition has no effect on supply all it does is raise the price because each person in the food chain adds a risk premium in case they are caught. The incas have been fucking around with coca leaf for 5,000 years, same with marijuana and the tiongs have had opium dens for how long.

I will ask you all another question. Let's assume some hot shot trader from HSBC in sing buys a gram of coke from a dealer for his Friday night after work. Parties at Clark quay, goes home, maybe orders a chicken, has some fun. Where is the victim in this 'crime'. You have all been brainwashed by the DEA. Search for a doco on smh tv called the OxyContin express. 11 people a day in Florida od-ing from prescription drugs, but that's ok cos the establishment has shares in Pfizer, Glaxo and the like.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very possible. Her lawyer will ask for a scientific analysis to be done to determine "purity".
In terms of purity it may be that the amount falls below the threshold that would draw the death penalty.

This purity angle was a master stroke....I think it was subhas that use this defense.
Have seen over 200 grams of heroin become less than 15 grams in such cases.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
This purity angle was a master stroke....I think it was subhas that use this defense.
Have seen over 200 grams of heroin become less than 15 grams in such cases.

Subhas must be a very well-read lawyer. He must have read Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice:
"a pound of flesh but not a drop of blood."

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are any drugs illegal. You want to do your problem.

I will ask you all another question. Let's assume some hot shot trader from HSBC in sing buys a gram of coke from a dealer for his Friday night after work. Parties at Clark quay, goes home, maybe orders a chicken, has some fun. Where is the victim in this 'crime'. You have all been brainwashed by the DEA. Search for a doco on smh tv called the OxyContin express. 11 people a day in Florida od-ing from prescription drugs, but that's ok cos the establishment has shares in Pfizer, Glaxo and the like.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/body/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...formation-faces-users-hooked-deadly-drug.html

I read the articles above on why people get addicted to meth and its effect. It is damn scary. To quote the first article,

For example, in lab experiments done on animals, sex causes dopamine levels to jump from 100 to 200 units, and cocaine causes them to spike to 350 units. "[With] methamphetamine you get a release from the base level to about 1,250 units, something that's about 12 times as much of a release of dopamine as you get from food and sex and other pleasurable activities,"

Probably no human can withstand the withdrawal impact of meth abuse. So to answer your question, I support the drug control policy in that a lot of people are not able to understand the dangers of such drugs. However, I am against the death penalty.

This Thai drug runner probably is suffering hell now in prison from withdrawal symptoms.

Mikeferdy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are any drugs illegal. You want to do your problem. McDonalds isn't healthy either but it's not illegal and just as there are fat fucks who eat maccas every day there are junkies. However, some people may eat maccas once a month or have some coke once a month. Hardly likely to fuck up their health. Thus, people will by and large moderate their consumption of both no ?? Drugs are illegal pretty much the world over and lets be honest in any country if you want you can get. Prohibition has no effect on supply all it does is raise the price because each person in the food chain adds a risk premium in case they are caught. The incas have been fucking around with coca leaf for 5,000 years, same with marijuana and the tiongs have had opium dens for how long.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/body/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...formation-faces-users-hooked-deadly-drug.html

I read the articles above on why people get addicted to meth and its effect. It is damn scary. To quote the first article,

For example, in lab experiments done on animals, sex causes dopamine levels to jump from 100 to 200 units, and cocaine causes them to spike to 350 units. "[With] methamphetamine you get a release from the base level to about 1,250 units, something that's about 12 times as much of a release of dopamine as you get from food and sex and other pleasurable activities,"

Probably no human can withstand the withdrawal impact of meth abuse. So to answer your question, I support the drug control policy in that a lot of people are not able to understand the dangers of such drugs. However, I am against the death penalty.

This Thai drug runner probably is suffering hell now in prison from withdrawal symptoms.

Agreed a bit...

The problem is largely prohibition... Believe it or not drugs are in demand just like alcohol. And making anything in demand illegal does not make it dissappear, it just drive the market and untaxed profits underground where there are no regulations and no proper dispute negotiation.

Many argue Singapore is safe because of our harsh law but this is far from the truth. This Thai woman is just one of the few that was caught. Drug use is steadily going up than previously simply because our population has increased. The average population drug use of any country is about 1 to 3%. The larger the population, the larger the drug users. Singapore have been able to keep "drug use" under control simply because drug users are a very small minority that the government can bully around.

Also, the drug prohibition artificially increase the profits of drugs, making the drug market a great attraction that people are willing to risk their lives over. Then the government clamp down harder, the risk of trafficking goes higher, the profit goes higher and attract more drug mules. Prohibition is just a never ending cycle of profits to the drug cartel and a waste of money for the tax payers.

Also comes the issue of morality of the use of drugs. Though methamphetamine hydrochloride is a very dangerous drug, the moral question to ask is why should the government be allowed to decide what you can or cannot put inside your own body? Your body in your own and you should have the natural inalienable right to do whatever you want to do with it once you have come of age. You want to tattoo, engage in homosexual or heterosexual intercourse, ingest healthy or unhealthy food, be addicted or occasionally use alcohol or tobacco, apply for sex change from male to female or female to male, impregnate yourself artificially or naturally, etc are all your own rights to do what ever you want to yourself as long as you don't directly violate the rights of others. Why should drug use be any different?

Also talking about Meth directly. It is in my opinion that Meth is simply the moonshine of the drug prohibition era. For those who are unfamiliar, "moonshine" is the nickname for illegal brewed alcohol back in the alcohol prohibition era. Where normal rum or beer is hard to smuggle in by the alcohol mules, bootleggers will brew their own alcohol and resell them to the market. Usually this moonshine are highly concentrated and toxic, a very dangerous form of alcohol for consumption.

Prohibition also increase the potency of drugs. Natural drugs like Cannabis, Coca leaf, Natural Opium, Khat and other organic drugs are very hard to transport illegally and consumption of organic drug usually will not get a person addicted easily. Which is why the cartels transform these organics into their pure form which make them easier to transport and sell. Cannabis market is literally gone in Singapore but there are still some who still sell in Malaysia, Coca leaf becomes cocaine, Opium becomes heroin, Khat (a natural amphetamine) is replaced by methamphetamine. Prohibition = more potent and dangerous drugs.

And finally for this post, my major complaint to the war on drugs is the prohibition of Cannabis (aka Ganja, Marijuana, Marry Jane, Pot, Weed). Our drug laws are extremely stupid to make Cannabis illegal and put the death penalty on it, no matter what the amount is. Cannabis is one of the safest natural drug out there, even less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco. Making anything that is less dangerous than Malboro and Tiger Beer illegal is the stupidest idea on the planet, (same goes for the prohibition of E-ciggs). No one have ever died for Cannabis use in the history of mankind simply because Cannabis is non-toxic and non-addictive. For a person to get a lethal dose of Cannabinoids, you will need to consume 5000kg worth of cannabis within 15mins which is impossible for a normal human to do. I can't wait for the day when majority of Singaporeans realize that all these time the PAP have imposed the death penalty on something safer than Tiger Beer. They will most likely be hunted down in the streets.

Also, research into Medical Cannabis has shown that Cannabis have a lot of curative effects of many major diseases including cancer. Cannabis have the potential to CURE CANCER! Any government which makes the cure for cancer illegal is simply EVIL.

Please like our facebook pages:
http://www.facebook.com/THeCureForCancers?fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singapore-Cannabis-Awareness/379102418816815

and spread the message. The war on drugs is a 40 year old mistake which need to be corrected, just like the times when slavery was abolished and the abolishment of the death penalty for witch craft. And the cure for cancer is currently suppressed under the guise of the drug war.

Many countries have seen that the drug war is not working and the medical use of Cannabis is undeniable. It is just a matter of time before the word reaches ASEAN.