• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai girl said she was pushed onto MRT tracks, You believe?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's like saying we should protect a thief and his money because he stole from us and fining him in court will only result in him stealing more from us. I would rather the Thai girl get the money rather than some smart-assed scholar bigwig continue to plunder us.

Well said..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but getting the most out of SMRT means to get more from tax payer money, our money

Oh come on.. Whole of Sinkie Land knows that SMRT make millions of profits every year by leeching the commuters.. They obviously have more than enough money in their coffers to pay the Thai gal..

You guys can flame me all you want.. But I'm with the side of Thai gal on this one..

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you ever stand close enough to an incoming training, you will feel that you're being pushed forward. This is due to the air movement that the train creates when it moves.

Anyone have this feeling before?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing too complex, just need to experience it yourself :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Three blind men touching different parts of an elephant will tell you otherwise. You are merely describing the convergence of air flow behind a fast moving vehicle after it has sped past.

How about before the train arrives? If you put a life-sized cardboard person, will it get sucked onto the track? :*:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
End up in this sort of accident..is better off being dead than disabled...at least the family can move forward

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Three blind men touching different parts of an elephant will tell you otherwise. You are merely describing the convergence of air flow behind a fast moving vehicle after it has sped past.

How about before the train arrives? If you put a life-sized cardboard person, will it get sucked onto the track? :*:

Care to show me how does the analogy of the 3 blind men touching different parts of an elephant compare to the convergence of air flow behind a fast moving vehicle? I believe the air only flows in one direction when a fast moving shoots past and a blind or normal man would feel the air only move in 1 direction so how could it be similar to the blind men touching an elephant? You see you ought to think things through instead of merely using any analogy that just pops into your head.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it.

You know all those plots of empty govt land? There will be a sign put up saying that govt will not be held liable for any injuries and bodily harm that happen on that land. And the land isn't even boarded up.

Why can't they just put up signs at MRT stations saying govt and SMRT are not going to be held responsible for any dumbasses who happen to "fall" on the tracks.

It is time the inhabitants of Singapore (note that I did not say Singaporeans) take responsibility for the wellbeing of their own asses and not rely or place blame on the govt for every single damned thing.

Last edited:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
she already cripple. how to survive after her parents are gone?

are you going to feed her?

Somebody should post one of those inspiring YouTube videos that show handicapped people doing well in life despite their handicap. Stephen hawking is paralyzed, btw, and great thoughts still flow from his awesome brain. How does it do it? He types on the computer with a stylus held between his lips.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it.

You know all those plots of empty govt land? There will be a sign put up saying that govt will not be held liable for any injuries and bodily harm that happen on that land. And the land isn't even boarded up.

Why can't they just put up signs at MRT stations saying govt and SMRT are not going to be held responsible for any dumbasses who happen to "fall" on the tracks.

It is time the inhabitants of Singapore (note that I did not say Singaporeans) take responsibility for the wellbeing of their own asses and not rely or place blame on the govt for every single damned thing.

I don't think the Thai girl blames the gahment. She is only suing MRT, which is the right course of action because she lost both her legs at the MRT. It is a fundamental right of every individual to seek compensation if one feels one is wronged.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the Thai girl blames the gahment. She is only suing MRT, which is the right course of action because she lost both her legs at the MRT. It is a fundamental right of every individual to seek compensation if one feels one is wronged.

In the US, suing people and organisations is an industry in its own right. It goes on on an industrial scale. And most of the law suits are deemed to be without merit.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the US, suing people and organisations is an industry in its own right. It goes on on an industrial scale. And most of the law suits are deemed to be without merit.

Americans don't live under a cloud of fear like us or in most SEA countries. In the land of the free and the home of the brave, anyone can sue anyone regardless of merit or not.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It really sucks to have lost both your legs especially when you are at the age of 14. You can say in some ways well her life is kind of limited.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This type of incident no buy insurance is your pasar. :confused:

She's such an ungrateful liar! Inspite of all the help rendered to her. She admitted she fell on her own accord and now with $$ in her eyes, she's changing her story? She's so obviously coached what to say. The video says it all, she scared to see cos it tells the truth, let's hope our justice system is fool proof!

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
should be grateful to being alive than pursuing compensation....

you are the type of dumbass that give sinkies a bad name. A teenager lost both her legs, just let her have a reasonably decent life with some compensation money. Or should you also use the same argument on a crippled NSF?

If you are jealous, you are free to jump onto MRT track and get both your legs cut off. I will fully support your lawsuit.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

me always stand behind the yellow line, haven't got the chance to try. you could try get the LTA folks to do tests :p:p:p