• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek Review's interview with ex-ISD director

temasekreview

Alfrescian
Loyal
Background:

Mr Yoong Siew Wah was the Director of Singapore's Internal Security Department (ISD) from 1971 to 1974. Before his stint with ISD, he was the director of the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB). The SPH propagandist book about the PAP "Men in White" alleged in page 441 that Mr Yoong was asked to quit CPIB in 1971 after he was "suspected" of using his personal influence to assist his friend Mr Francis Seow, then the ex-Solicitor General of Singapore in a case. Mr Yoong rebuked the allegations as baseless on his blog the Singapore Recalcitrant. We manage to catch up with Mr Yoong and conducted the interview this morning at the Grand Mercurial Roxy Hotel.

Interview with Mr Yoong Siew Wah published with his kind permission:

Temasek Review:

Good morning Mr Yoong. We would like to find out more about the case surrounding Mr Francis Seow. Can you give us some background information about it?

Yoong Siew Wah:

Mr Francis Seow was a distinguished prosecutor who was then the Solicitor-General of Singapore. The house of his female friend was broken in by burglars and he made a police report. Four detectives of the division of CID were investigating the case and they took an expensive coat of Mr Francis Seow as an exhibit which was found in the house of the lady.

Temasek Review:

You mean to say that the four detectives took Mr Francis Seow's coat? What was the basis of taking it away?

Yoong Siew Wah:

This is called "pinching". Mr Francis Seow was indignant and lodged a report with both CPIB and the police. The Deputy Comissioner of the Police Mr Ratna Singam passed the case for me to investigate. As CPIB's director, I have to investigate all formal complaints. The investigations revealed there was a prima facie case against the four detectives. I submitted the report to Mr Ratna who made the decision to dismiss them.

Read rest of interview on Temasek Review: www.temasekreview.com

Temasek Review is now blocked by Singnet. Please access via www.vtunnel.com if you cannot access the site.

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not produce the entire article here so that we dun have to beat around the bush.

Becos he want ppl to go his website so that it can get more hits and then boast about the high hits numbers. Temasek Review is formerly known as Wayangparty, the same fella who posted offensive and insulting posters during Workers' Party Annual dinner in Toa Payoh, as well as engaging some naive boys to distribute anti-Workers' party leaflet in Toa Payoh MRT.

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear ppl, no need to go to his site to read. Here is the full article for all to read :

Interview with Mr Yoong Siew Wah, Director of ISD (1971 – 1974): The Francis Seow case in 1971

October 15, 2009 by admin
Filed under Top News

Leave a comment

Background:

Mr Yoong Siew Wah was the Director of Singapore’s Internal Security Department (ISD) from 1971 to 1974. Before his stint with ISD, he was the director of the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB). The SPH propagandist book about the PAP “Men in White” alleged in page 441 that Mr Yoong was asked to quit CPIB in 1971 after he was “suspected” of using his personal influence to assist his friend Mr Francis Seow, then the ex-Solicitor General of Singapore in a case. Mr Yoong rebuked the allegations as baseless on his blog the Singapore Recalcitrant. We manage to catch up with Mr Yoong and conducted the interview this morning at the Grand Mercurial Roxy Hotel.

Interview with Mr Yoong Siew Wah published with his kind permission:

Temasek Review:

Good morning Mr Yoong. We would like to find out more about the case surrounding Mr Francis Seow. Can you give us some background information about it?

Yoong Siew Wah:

Mr Francis Seow was a distinguished prosecutor who was then the Solicitor-General of Singapore. The house of his female friend was broken in by burglars and he made a police report. Four detectives of the division of CID were investigating the case and they took an expensive coat of Mr Francis Seow as an exhibit which was found in the house of the lady.

Temasek Review:

You mean to say that the four detectives took Mr Francis Seow’s coat? What was the basis of taking it away?

Yoong Siew Wah:

This is called “pinching”. Mr Francis Seow was indignant and lodged a report with both CPIB and the police. The Deputy Comissioner of the Police Mr Ratna Singam passed the case to me to investigate. As CPIB’s director, I had to investigate all formal complaints. The investigations revealed there was a prima facie case against the four detectives. I submitted the report to Mr Ratna who made the decision to dismiss them.

Temasek Review:

But they were reinstated?

Yoong Siew Wah:

Yeah. The Attorney-General Mr Tan Book Teik intervened and reinstated them. No reasons were given.

Temasek Review:

Were you given orders to resign from CPIB by Mr Tan as portrayed by the book?

Yoong Siew Wah:

Not true at all! I was promoted to become the Director of ISD and after I left ISD in 1974, I was appointed the Deputy Commissioner of Hong Kong.

Temasek Review:

What about Mr Francis Seow? Was he asked to resign as well?

Yoong Siew Wah:

Mr Francis Seow was never asked to resign. It was a pure coincidence that he left the Legal Service at that time. Mr Seow had been contemplating leaving for private practice for quite some time. In fact, he was invited by Mr David Marshall to join his law firm.

Temasek Review:

So the authors from Men in White are wrong?

Yoong Siew Wah:

Absolutely! I am still expecting an apology from him (Mr Lee), but you know it is impossible. I had been very cordial with the SPH editors and authors. I hope they can correct the mistake and reverse the damage done to my reputation.

Conclusion

As we can see from above, the authors of “Men in White” have committed a grave injustice against both Mr Yoong Siew Wah and Mr Francis Seow in their book by insinuating that they had “conspired” to sack four detectives investigating a case involving Mr Seow’s friend.

The three authors of “Men in White” must issue a public apology without delay to both men and rectify their horrendous error immediately.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. honest, looks to me like some dog biting the other dog's bone or what.
2. well, yoong knows his position and stands.
3. and if he has the gumption and what it takes, he should pursue and challenge until justice is done.
4. now, he knows what sinkies have gone through.
5. pointless, blogging yoong. just do it if you are man enough.
6. after all, yoong had been a part and knows the ins and outs.
7. don't beat around the big bush, sinkies' former top brass.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear ppl, no need to go to his site to read. Here is the full article for all to read :

Interview with Mr Yoong Siew Wah, Director of ISD (1971 – 1974): The Francis Seow case in 1971

October 15, 2009 by admin
Filed under Top News

Leave a comment

Background:

Mr Yoong Siew Wah was the Director of Singapore’s Internal Security Department (ISD) from 1971 to 1974. Before his stint with ISD, he was the director of the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB). The SPH propagandist book about the PAP “Men in White” alleged in page 441 that Mr Yoong was asked to quit CPIB in 1971 after he was “suspected” of using his personal influence to assist his friend Mr Francis Seow, then the ex-Solicitor General of Singapore in a case. Mr Yoong rebuked the allegations as baseless on his blog the Singapore Recalcitrant. We manage to catch up with Mr Yoong and conducted the interview this morning at the Grand Mercurial Roxy Hotel.

Thanks TR.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The coat was only one item that was pinched. Alcohol and Playboy magazines found in the house were also pinched. The 4 donkeys rightfully knew that it was the home of mistress but the 4 donkeys did not know who the master was. As playboy is a prohibited article, they naturallly thought the mistress would not open her mouth.

Common sense will tell you that 4 donkeys cannot share 1 coat yet 4 were dismissed.

One of the reinstated donkeys went on to become a Sr Asst Commissioner of Police. During his career he was even responsibile to sign off on recommendation to the Minister for Detentions without trial.

Mr Yoong must think we all live in a vacumn.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
This old dog Yoong deserves what he gets today for not doing what was right when he was Director ISD (1971 - 1974). When he was in a powerful position, he also did what other poodles did. During those years, LKY would only put his most trusted poodles in ISD as it is most critical then and Yoong was the one.

Dr Lim Hock Siew Speaks from Singapore Prison (Date - 18.3.1972)
(through his legal adviser)
(Released by Dr Beatrice Chia, wife of Dr Lim Hock Siew)

On the 13th of January, 1972, I was taken to the Headquarters of the Special Branch at Robinson Road where I was detained for 40 days together with my brother, Lim Hock Koon.

Two high-ranking special branch agents of the P.A.P. regime indicated to me that if I were to issue a public statement of repentance, I would be released. They told me that 9 years had passed since the date of my arrest and that it was time that my case be settled. They admitted that 9 years was a long time. I told them that it was pointless to remind me of this long period.

http://singaporerebel.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-pap-book-neglects-founding-members.html

Now that he is no longer in the system, he tries to redeem himself and portray himself to be righteous? Ha...

As for Temasekreview, they will put up anything as long as the story sells and increase their traffic

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
hear on the radio this morning that the MIW book would be revised to the 4th edition.

the line regarding the ex-ISD director would be removed.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

My question would be, is that a real interview or made up story?

If the guy is really the ex-director of ISD, he would know all about media credibity and wopuld not grant an interview to someone of whom has no standing or public face.

Till date we still dont know who or which organisation is running temasek review aka ex-wayangparty. Their work is in doubts.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
At 82, not all your marbles can move. Anyway, not many know the history and the lack of ethics by this entity. There is still lucid forummers here that think its a real thing. Remember this chap took a lot of people for a ride and they have never met him in person.

If the guy is really the ex-director of ISD, he would know all about media credibity and wopuld not grant an interview to someone of whom has no standing or public face.

Till date we still dont know who or which organisation is running temasek review aka ex-wayangparty. Their work is in doubts.

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal
This old dog Yoong deserves what he gets today for not doing what was right when he was Director ISD (1971 - 1974). When he was in a powerful position, he also did what other poodles did. During those years, LKY would only put his most trusted poodles in ISD as it is most critical then and Yoong was the one.

Now that he is no longer in the system, he tries to redeem himself and portray himself to be righteous? Ha...

As for Temasekreview, they will put up anything as long as the story sells and increase their traffic

Can only agree with you. As for Temesek review, the statement "the enemy of your enemy is your friend" holds absolutely true. If they worked on a more mature conclusion, it would have been a better article

:cool:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Dear Cleareyes,

That guy is really the ex-director of ISD. It is reported today over the radio about SPH amendment on that offending section in the book.

Goh Meng Seng

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Cleareyes,

That guy is really the ex-director of ISD. It is reported today over the radio about SPH amendment on that offending section in the book/QUOTE]

This running dog enjoyed the "high" life during his pedigreed heydays. Now, reduced to a mere pariah, he's lost his bite and credibility and his bark is just a whimper. The 3 co-authors wud have checked with him on the facts if he was someone still with an ounce of credibility and respect but they checked, re-checked with their other sources but not him, why?

The 4th re-print will omit this para but damage control or otherwise, the horse has bolted. What goes around, comes around.:cool:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal Clear

Check out his blog, singaporerecalcitrent etc......You can judge whether the interview was REAL or a Cut and Paste Smoke Mirrors and decepticon job

Locke