• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek performance vs MSCI performance ????

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it rather strange when I heard from TV that the govt compared Temasek performance with MSCI performance. True enough in today's papers, someone wrote in & asked for the relevancy of comparing Temasek performance with the MSCI performance.

First of all, MSCI is Morgan Stanley Composite Index, just like any other indices e.g. Straits Times Index, whereby the basket of stocks or component stocks used are different in MSCI case.

Temasek performance is tied to its investment. When its investment goes wrong, the overall portfolio will be reduced which is understandable, but to benchmarked to an index performance, I find it meaningless & irrelevant.

Alternatively they should do a comparison with other sovereign funds to gauge their performance. I believe this comparison will be fairer & more relevant.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nothing wrong wat ...

if performance is lousy, oways compare it wif anyting datz worse so dat u can make it look gd ... juz 2 fool urself n try 2 fool others ...

:wink:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing wrong wat ...

if performance is lousy, oways compare it wif anyting datz worse so dat u can make it look gd ... juz 2 fool urself n try 2 fool others ...

:wink:

To perform marginally better than the MSCI is a great failure. They could have just invested in an index based ETF with marginal fees. What they didn't tell you is all the millions they spent for the "investment experts" in Temasick for this mediocre performance. Way out of proportion.

VeryWise

Alfrescian
Loyal
To perform marginally better than the MSCI is a great failure. They could have just invested in an index based ETF with marginal fees. What they didn't tell you is all the millions they spent for the "investment experts" in Temasick for this mediocre performance. Way out of proportion.

Totally agreed. If we are to benchmarked against these, might as well buy ETFs, we dun have to pay millions to employ those "experts" to help allocate our limited resources. ETFs have the lowest costs to invest as most of the hardwork and analysis are done by the publishers of the Indices.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
why don't they compare with my portfolio, I put in fixed deposit. I did not lost anything,,,,,

maybe i should be the CEO of Temasick