• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TCSland is a microcosm of PAPland.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you all noticed the similarity between TCS and PAP in the way they are run ? Just for an example. Both are monopolistic entities protected in ways that ensure zero competition. I started this thread with the hope that you guys can contribute to show TCS for what it is. Giving no benefit to the people but hell bent just on profits. I will elaborate more in my later postings.

Last edited:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Giving no benefit to the people but hell bent just on profits."

Yeah !Crap local productions and endless reruns. There is nothing creative about them except collecting money. Same as our gabrament. They screw up yet they get paid handsomely.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCS is run by people of the same gene pool as the elite dogs. So they are identical in every aspect.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not TCS anymore lah. It's MCS or MEDIACORP!

GET IT?? I am sick of ppl keep saying TCS TCS TCS!

Damn! :rolleyes:

Doesn't take much to get you hot under the collar, does it?

RTS.....SBC......TCS and now MediaCorp TV. As we in Singapore are so fond of and used to acronyms, beside the obvious convenience, I was going to have some fun with the TCS acronym. Stay tuned!:p

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
With more and more people turning to the net for information and entertainment, the subscribing to the cable tv networks, how many are left who actually watch free to air tv? Are businesses being taken for a ride, spending large amount of advertising dollars for what they believe to be a large target audience they are reaching out to with commercials?

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
With more and more people turning to the net for information and entertainment, the subscribing to the cable tv networks, how many are left who actually watch free to air tv? Are businesses being taken for a ride, spending large amount of advertising dollars for what they believe to be a large target audience they are reaching out to with commercials?

Medicorp (TCS) is playing dead as far as entertainment and sports programs so as to push the business over to cable. Same owner, but cable makes more money because of subsription plans, which incidentally, is more expensive than those of HK and our neighbour. Note that programs like Discovery Channel and live soccer matches are available on free to air channels in HK.

The reason for its (Mediacorp) existence is, it still serves as a propaganda media to feed to the masses who cannot afford cable.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCS/Media Cock or whatever...me don't bother to watch lah!!!:biggrin: cos there's so much more entertainment with Cable as well and the Internet :wink:

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi SC and Sunny

So am I right to say people who paid good money to advertise are not getting their money's worth?

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi SC and Sunny

So am I right to say people who paid good money to advertise are not getting their money's worth?

Advertisers are not getting their money's worth in terms of viewership numbers. But if you are a company doing business in Singapore, I doubt if would you want to aggravate the people who call the shots in this country by refusing to advertise. So Mediacorp will still get the advertising revenue.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't take much to get you hot under the collar, does it?

RTS.....SBC......TCS and now MediaCorp TV. As we in Singapore are so fond of and used to acronyms, beside the obvious convenience, I was going to have some fun with the TCS acronym. Stay tuned!:p

RTS.....SBC......TCS and now MediaCorp TV. = MediaCorpseTV!

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
free yourself from a congregation of one!

embrace Jesus!

You see? You keep on spreading the nonsense of chrikukustians in here till there's a "Banned" under your nick. Please embrace your Cheesus to help you remove the "Banned". Oh where is your beloved Cheesus Oh my "Goat"