• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taxis must ply 250km daily from 2013

boomtown

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are definitely out of touch babe.
I just spoke to a taxi driver, he was the one who told me all this you dummy!

i thought you are a taxi driver. speaking to a (one) taxi driver and forming a conclusion is very risky.

you should speak to at least 10 taxi drivers before forming any conclusion.

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
80 x 3 = 240

SGP so small where the heck can you drive 250km per day to?

I only drive around 60km per day to work and home.

Go round and round like a merry go round? LOL!

Is Singapore 80 km wide from West to East ?

If this is true, then 80 x 3 = 240.

How many hours one need to drive to clock this mileage ? And not every trip is from Changi Airport to Jurong West.

WHITEWOLF

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 80 x 3 = 240

Is Singapore 80 km wide from West to East ?

If this is true, then 80 x 3 = 240.

How many hours one need to drive to clock this mileage ? And not every trip is from Changi Airport to Jurong West.

On a free-flowing expressway, around 4.5 hours.

WHITEWOLF

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 80 x 3 = 240

More likely 6hr. Consider traffic light waiting and road congestion.

If the taxi is on a normal road, with some roads having 50 to 60kmh speed limit, it is a day's work of 8 hours.

I think that's how they come up with the 240km. They just want the taxi to run 8 hours, excluding lunch and dinner.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Weird

If the taxi is on a normal road, with some roads having 50 to 60kmh speed limit, it is a day's work of 8 hours.

I think that's how they come up with the 240km. They just want the taxi to run 8 hours, excluding lunch and dinner.

They want to squeeze out more from these guys by letting them share the cabs instead hogging them in their own HDB car parks.

But, who is going to fork out the money for accidents during the rainy season ? PAP only know how to talk but will not help cab drivers.

I heard cab drivers complaining about Comfort Delgro's unfeeling treatment to some of their cab drivers too. That's why you see Union's Transcab emerging as a strong competitor.

a5be2a7e-fd55-4709-8ba8-255329cbdffb_Transcab2003.jpg

Strangely, late JBJ was so caring for them and wanting to help them own their own taxis.

images

The one that burned the MP Seng Han Tong was an ex-cabby too.

20090113.073239_mp2.jpg

More and more stories coming out from this transport industry. Weird.

WHITEWOLF

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Weird

However, I like to disclose that taxi drivers, especially those driving the Merz, are using the Merz as a family car and hardly pick up passengers by plying the roads.

Most of them have regular engagements with regular clients in hotels and special transport assignments. The rest of the time, they're parking their taxis and helping their spouse with the family business or picking up the children to and fro school.

I've concrete evidence on that.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really stupid LTA people again. Their policies are really stupid and making a mockery of themselves. So now the taxis drivers would cruise aimlessly and pollute the air many times over as they are ALL diesel vehicles!!!!! and diesel being so cheap they can afford to just cruise and pick passengers of their choice. End result is more empty cabs on the road = more congestion= more idling= more pollution in the most densely packed cuntry in the world with the most number of taxis in any city(beats even Tokyo).
Stupig LTA:oIo::oIo::oIo:

The easier solution is for taxis not to have ERP or reduced ERP. But then money face. ERP is not for traffic congestion, period.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Measures such as this are common place in the developed world to ensure that limited sources are optimised and not under utilised. It also serves passengers in terms of flagging taxis readily.

In the past, NTUC as the biggest operator because of political consideration did not agree to these things. All previous measures to bring taxis in during inclement weather and off peak has failed.

Not sure about the arguments that such measure would discourage taxi entering the CBD due to jam but it will certainly force them out in the streets. I am sure they a not going drive mindlessly to clock up the mileage and burn fuel. If they did, they will quickly wise up and enter locations where there a pick-ups jam or not.

Have you ever try getting a cab off the street between 9-9.30am? and then 11am to 1pm, around 4-5pm? these are the times of changing shifts, going for meals & forever changing shifts. During those periods, it is easy to spot many taxis with BUSY or HIRED signs & it is empty. One more thing, when it rains, light shower to heavy thunderstorms, many taxis evaporate.

The move by LTA to ensure that there are taxis on the streets during peak hours is good, I am sure they will be monitoring the abuse of the "BUSY, HIRED" & hiding in 'secret' location waiting for call booking.

This measure is a long time coming...hope that have some other measures too to ensure that, they are enough taxis plying the roads, especially when it is on a Sunday, 60% of the taxis are on a off day.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I for one have no love for singapore taxi drivers due to the Cinderella syndrome etc,,but the system is made worse by PAP crap and pricing to squeeze every cent for themselves.

However,,if the life of the taxi driver is soo tough, why are they not plying the roads to get more customers? 1 taxi driver told me, the more passenger he gets as in pick up and drop off, the better the profits.

So if these drivers are hiding, they must be making good profits by the limited customers they get,,I mean the rental and diesel etc is about 100++ per day right? So dont they need to earn that sort of money just to break even? if they dont ply the roads or business soo good,,that they can hide?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng last night saw some blue lanterns taxis in town but got passengers inside leh!:biggrin:must be family members/friends lor.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They rent the taxi can do what they want. What a big fuss??
They pay rental and fuel . If dont make money that their problem.
If those not happy can rent a cab also.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
They rent the taxi can do what they want. What a big fuss??
They pay rental and fuel . If dont make money that their problem.
If those not happy can rent a cab also.

Yes, it is their free choice. Those idiots who make noise can also rent a cab themselves and do the same. Nobody is stopping them.
Problems does not lies with those who rent cab for private use.
Problems lies with LTA for not having a comprehensive transport plan, hence, taxi company can only fight fire with fire.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Strangely, late JBJ was so caring for them and wanting to help them own their own taxis.

images

The power of Hindsight: Looking at the behavior of the cab drivers today, the government was absolutely correct to not allow such things to happen. If the cab drivers own their cabs, there will be no way to punish errand drivers

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, it is their free choice. Those idiots who make noise can also rent a cab themselves and do the same. Nobody is stopping them.
Problems does not lies with those who rent cab for private use.
Problems lies with LTA for not having a comprehensive transport plan, hence, taxi company can only fight fire with fire.

I always laughing those complaint this and that.
Eg.taxi for private>>> not happy rent a taxi also
taxi fare expensive>>>>take bus/mrt
food expensive>> cook at home

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

The power of Hindsight: Looking at the behavior of the cab drivers today, the government was absolutely correct to not allow such things to happen. If the cab drivers own their cabs, there will be no way to punish errand drivers
don't confuse the matter. Drivers that own their cabs can still be subjected to LTA control in terms of service and quality level. If don't meet standard, can be declassified as taxi.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
taxi fare expensive>>>>take bus/mrt
bus/mrt too crowded? walk home, can?
Then complain need to walk very far. So buy house within CBD so no need take transport home.
But house in CBD too expensive. Then how? Look for job in suburbs.
But no jobs in suburbs ... so don't work.
There is always a solution, isn't it?