• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tattoo Mistakes

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jerri-Peterson-Olympic-tattoo.jpeg

JERRI Peterson, 54, invested in a new tattoo to mark the day when she carried the Olympic torch through Derby. Peterson, from Atlanta, USA, got to hold the torch because she works for a hotel chain that’s paid lots of money for the right to call itself the “official hotel provider to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games” and does charity work.
Jerri got her tattoo back home in the US. It spells “Oylmpic”. Says she:
“I always wanted to have a tattoo but I never quite felt passionate about any one thing to have it put on my body permanently. So when I was selected for this wonderful honour, I thought ‘that’s it – I’m ready to have my tattoo’.”
Jerri only noticed the error when she took a photo and sent it to a friend.
“I looked at it and I was so disappointed. I called my husband and he giggled a little bit. Then I started laughing about it and I’ve laughed ever since…It’s the Oy-limpics – it’s as unique as I am.”
She dodged the bullet. Non-official use of the Olympics logo and branding will incur the wrath of the IOC. Jerri Peterson may have been guilty of copyright theft…

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
article-2128662-055D9F1E000005DC-704_634x361.jpg

Still starstruck: Young Belgian's misery three years after she had 56 tattoos on her face

A disastrous mistake looked set to cost Kimberley Vlaeminck more than her looks after the young Belgian had 56 stars tattooed on her face.
Last summer she was preparing to shell out £9,000 for laser surgery and said she hoped to have the design removed by the end of September.
But, almost three years after the 21-year-old decided to go under the needle, the constellation shows little sign of fading.

In June 2009, Miss Vlaeminck lied to family and reporters that she had asked tattooist Rouslan Toumaniantz for just three stars near her eye.
As her regret sank in, she claimed he kept adding more and more after she fell asleep at the Tattoo Box in Coutrai, Belgium.
She promised to sue the tattooist for the cost of removal, claiming a language barrier meant the Flemish speaker had misunderstood when she gave instructions in French and English.

Miss Vlaeminck said she avoided going out in public because the tattoos made her feel like a 'freak'.
But a week later she confessed to a Dutch TV station that she had been awake throughout and had indeed asked for the full 56 marks.
She said she lied because she was afraid of how her father would react.

Even still, Mr Toumaniantz - whose own face is covered in tattoos and piercings - offered to pay half the cost of laser removal, saying he did not want to leave a customer unsatisfied.
He later retracted this offer, leaving Miss Vlaeminck to cover the cost alone.
Though laser treatment has been shown to be a effective way of removing ink, even the most advanced technology would leave white marks across her face.
According to Belgian media, Mr Toumaniantz said he did not regret tattooing Miss Vlaeminck, adding that it had given him publicity.
He has since started asking all his customers to give written consent to his designs.

Tattoo artist face
article-2128662-128F990B000005DC-735_306x423.jpg