• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

tao li - we have a big problem

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
headlines = tao li doesn't make it to semis

+ tao li does singapore proud?

huh??? :confused:

she didn't win any medal + never even made it to the finals + she's frickin' china charbor.

at which point did she do singapore proud? :mad:

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Singapore is so hard up for Olympic glory, get GIC to offer $200 million dollars. Maybe even Phelps will consider the offer and get us at least 5 golds at one go.

counsel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give Tao Li a break lor, she sounds very humble there and not like that FT flag bearer.

She did win some medals but not Olympic ones :biggrin:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
She did make it to the finals. She came 5th in the final.

She did herself proud. I give her credit for that.

No point bashing her as S'pore offered a mercenary opportunity to her. Nobody bashes Swiss Guards or the Gurkhas.. it's just a job.

The real question is: should S'poreans feel proud if a mercenary wins a medal for S'pore?

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
toa li is a cheat , never do NS of course can get gold. if I never do NS , I can also bag a few golds medals. She lousy cheat as never do NS but never get gold.

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
agreed!, she came to sg at a very young age, her parent are swiming coach and she is 100% being trained in sg by her parent during those young age. She is not imported or lured in by the money offer to her. She is much different from the rest. Hope she can beat out Tan How liang record of 1960.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is always a stepping stone for the China FT. The only thing valuable for them is the Singapore passport, this is so that they will not longer be restricted by the one-child policy when they eventually return to China. It is wishful thinking that the FT will call Singapore home. All FT will eventually return to China. China has too much to offer.

am55

Alfrescian
Loyal
She did herself proud. I give her credit for that.

it's just a job.

The real question is: should S'poreans feel proud if a mercenary wins a medal for S'pore?

this is should be abt doing yuor country proud the problem is we do not know which country lah

A

Alu862

Cause sshe got fith. Nicolette Teo, a true Singaporean, lost to a Malaysian in today's heats

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Singapore is so hard up for Olympic glory, get GIC to offer $200 million dollars. Maybe even Phelps will consider the offer and get us at least 5 golds at one go.

I like you ideas. PM should give you $1million for your ideas. Can save at least $1billion dollars. By cutting minister of sport, all sporting facility like badminton,table tennis, salary all sportmen and coach and .........
Only need $200million dollars, one swimming coach and one olympic size swimming pool. Can get at least 5 gold and many more to come year ahead.