• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan KL Insults The People's President Nathan By Calling Him 'Dumb'!

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an outrage. President Nathan should sue Tan Kin Lian for slander and sought for a significant amount of damages for impugning his integrity as the President of Singapore.

PE: President is not 'dumb', says Tan Kin Lian
By Saifulbahri Ismail | Posted: 06 August 2011 1942 hrs

SINGAPORE: Presidential hopeful Tan Kin Lian believes the Constitution does not require the President to be 'dumb'.

Mr Tan, in his blog posting on Saturday, was responding to comments made by Law Minister K Shanmugam at a forum on August 5 on the roles and responsibilities of the President.

Mr Tan wrote that he has looked at the Constitution and disagreed with Mr Shanmugam's views that the President cannot speak on anything else without the approval of the Government.

He believed that Mr Shanmugam's interpretation of the law on this issue was too narrow.

Law Minister K Shanmugam has pointed out that all public acts by the President, including public speech, can only be on the advice of the cabinet.

However, the former NTUC Income Chief agreed with the Law Minister on the duties of the President and how they are to be carried out as stated specifically and clearly in the Constitution.

Mr Tan said that if elected as President, he would carry out the duties within the Constitution and to bring issues of the people to the Government in a constructive and cooperative manner.

He addressed supporters on Saturday morning at his campaign headquarters at Anson Road and launched his campaign slogan, 'Voice of The People'.

- CNA/fa

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nathan IS dumb. tkl DID NOT SAY IT. The PAP did. That is why the PAP has been insulting him in recent weeks, in recognition of that. Now that they have made use of him, they dump him and call him Dumb.

"The president is elected by Singaporeans. The office should be accorded due respect. So I am surprised by the minister's (Sham) remarks, which I quote 'WHETHER THE PESIDENT ACTUALLY WIELDS INFLUENCE OBVIOUSLY DEPENDS ON WHO THE PRESIDENT IS. IF HE IS SOMEONE WHO COMMANDS LITTLE OR NO RESPECT OF THE PRIME MINISTER, THEN OF COURSE INLFUENCE WILL BE LIMITED.'

Is he saying that the people's choice of the president matters little unless he is endorsed by the government? Then how is the president to be above politics?"

- Tan Cheng Bock

In summary, Sham is saying that if anyone other than TT comes in, it will be a waste of time.

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr. Nathan is not dumb; how could any dumbass be able to say all the right words required by Mr. lky.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
dey...TKL should not had used the word dumb. Too kind to Nathan...:biggrin::biggrin:

You retarded gay dog

You mama's so dumb, she opened her legs to an unknown number of retarded smelly Banglas and one of their defective sperm combined with your mum's spastic egg and gave birth to a retarded and spastic maggot like you..

optimusprime

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an outrage. President Nathan should sue Tan Kin Lian for slander and sought for a significant amount of damages for impugning his integrity as the President of Singapore.

PE: President is not 'dumb', says Tan Kin Lian
By Saifulbahri Ismail | Posted: 06 August 2011 1942 hrs

SINGAPORE: Presidential hopeful Tan Kin Lian believes the Constitution does not require the President to be 'dumb'.

Mr Tan, in his blog posting on Saturday, was responding to comments made by Law Minister K Shanmugam at a forum on August 5 on the roles and responsibilities of the President.

Mr Tan wrote that he has looked at the Constitution and disagreed with Mr Shanmugam's views that the President cannot speak on anything else without the approval of the Government.

He believed that Mr Shanmugam's interpretation of the law on this issue was too narrow.

Law Minister K Shanmugam has pointed out that all public acts by the President, including public speech, can only be on the advice of the cabinet.

However, the former NTUC Income Chief agreed with the Law Minister on the duties of the President and how they are to be carried out as stated specifically and clearly in the Constitution.

Mr Tan said that if elected as President, he would carry out the duties within the Constitution and to bring issues of the people to the Government in a constructive and cooperative manner.

He addressed supporters on Saturday morning at his campaign headquarters at Anson Road and launched his campaign slogan, 'Voice of The People'.

- CNA/fa

This Mandarin speaking man - Kin Lian - reeks of stupidity. He does not seem to understand that the President is just a figurehead with no executive power, just like the Queen of the Commonwealth.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Mandarin speaking man - Kin Lian - reeks of stupidity. He does not seem to understand that the President is just a figurehead with no executive power, just like the Queen of the Commonwealth.

I agree, what a dumbfuck he himself is. The president cannot be anti-government and the government cannot be anti-president. The president isn't supposed to be a ear or a voice of the people in policy matters; that's the government's job. The president isn't supposed to be any check and balance on policy matters; that's the opposition's job. He said he read the constitution. I suspect he Google wrongly and read the US constitution on presidential powers.

Last edited:

optimusprime

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree, what a dumbfuck he himself is. The president cannot be anti-government and the government cannot be anti-president. The president isn't supposed to be a ear or a voice of the people in policy matters; that's the government's job. The president isn't supposed to be any check and balance on policy matters; that's the opposition's job. He said he read the constitution. I suspect he Google wrongly and read the US constitution on presidential powers.

Well, you know those Mandarin speaking Buddhist sorts, they never make sense. I doubt this clown even knows what Google is.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wrong. The British (and all) Monarch is not voted into office.

optimusprime

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong. The British (and all) Monarch is not voted into office.

You fking Chinese speaking cunts are really hopeless. You can't even read one single post in English. Where did I write the Commonwealth Monarch was voted into office, I merely wrote the President and Commonwealth Monarch are both figureheads.

Stay away from me you disgusting animals.