• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tampines 1 Mall: Do not lean on railings

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at Tampines 1 Mall today. I noticed the railings (is that what it is called?) has a sign on it asking people not to lean against it. Then, I overheard a security guard asking a customer not to lean against it because "you will fall down", meaning the lower level.

WTF? Doesn't the building require some sorts of safety inspection before it is allowed to open?

Talking about safety, the queue at that Japanese retailer and all the temp railings at that Japanese food court are fire safety hazards. Seriously, what are the mall managers doing?

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at Tampines 1 Mall today. I noticed the railings (is that what it is called?) has a sign on it asking people not to lean against it. Then, I overheard a security guard asking a customer not to lean against it because "you will fall down", meaning the lower level.

WTF? Doesn't the building require some sorts of safety inspection before it is allowed to open?

Talking about safety, the queue at that Japanese retailer and all the temp railings at that Japanese food court are fire safety hazards. Seriously, what are the mall managers doing?

not paid enough la...design faults already there..then no big boss say no budget to rectify...the archictect get money and shake leg already...what can the mall manager do.......shake lanpa lor....

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
not paid enough la...design faults already there..then no big boss say no budget to rectify...the archictect get money and shake leg already...what can the mall manager do.......shake lanpa lor....
Well, it might be true for the permanent railings, but the temp ones at the 2 outlets mentioned are ridiculous. Anyone who has seen them will understand what I mean. I would expect the mall managers to be able to identify fire safety hazards.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, it might be true for the permanent railings, but the temp ones at the 2 outlets mentioned are ridiculous. Anyone who has seen them will understand what I mean. I would expect the mall managers to be able to identify fire safety hazards.

not paid enough...lol

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone remember the falling windows affair, which owners had to pay out of their own pockets to repair. Did anyone at PAP take responsibility :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised or shocked if buildings were to collapse tomorrow. Too many shortcuts are being taken in Spore :rolleyes:

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the warning bro!

If the security warns you not to lean against the railings, please do not lean against the railings. If you do not heed to the security advice and lean and fall! you and your family members would be responsible for all damages.

Use common sense and stay away from railings which look unsafe.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone remember the falling windows affair, which owners had to pay out of their own pockets to repair. Did anyone at PAP take responsibility :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised or shocked if buildings were to collapse tomorrow. Too many shortcuts are being taken in Spore :rolleyes:

What is the guarantee period of HDB flats? Believe it is only 1 year. After that, it is your problem:(

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal

note that new buildings lke One Raffles Quay, those new condos, the 3 tombstones, all these are rushed to build, so that they can earn their quick millions. I am not some big time civil engineer, but the structural integrity of the building leaves much to be desired.

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is responsible for ensuring these public places are safe? BCA?

If one have to wait until an accident (like NEA and rojak), it will be too late.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2jdrfp2.jpg

I donch know! Comprain so much up your rental then u know! *ta*ta*