• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Survey finds sinkies not interested in pre-marital sex

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans still largely conservative, IPS survey finds

Pedestrians crossing a road at Shenton Way, on 30 Aug 2013. Singapore remains a largely conservative society in which pre-marital sex and having a child out of wedlock are still frowned upon.

Singapore remains a largely conservative society in which pre-marital sex and having a child out of wedlock are still frowned upon.

That was the finding of a survey on social morality by the Institute of Policy Studies (IPS), released on Tuesday. The questions were asked as part of a wider survey of more than 4,000 Singapore residents on race, language and religion.

Some 80 per cent of respondents said extra-marital affairs are always or almost always wrong, and 72.5 per cent held that view on getting pregnant before marriage. More than half, or 56.4 per cent of respondents, felt that sex should come after marriage.

The survey's principal investigator, Dr Mathew Mathews, an Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) senior research fellow, said: "Overall, as you can see, Singaporeans are fairly conservative in their outlook to such issues."

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was the finding of a survey on social morality by the Institute of Policy Studies (IPS), released on Tuesday. The questions were asked as part of a wider survey of more than 4,000 Singapore residents on race, language and religion.

The survey's principal investigator, Dr Mathew Mathews, an Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) senior research fellow, said: "Overall, as you can see, Singaporeans are fairly conservative in their outlook to such issues."

Sir Humphrey says: "Overall, as you can see, survey results can always be FIXED by asking the right leading questions. Now, Bernard, please make haste and arrange another survey that shows that Sinkies love nothing more than to indulge in pre-marital sex and they think that Scums in White should be voted out .......... yesterday!"

[video=youtube;G0ZZJXw4MTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZZJXw4MTA[/video]

Last edited:

NewWorldRecord

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who are those respondents? :rolleyes: Teens, single and married women are fucking like rabbits with their flings, ONS and affairs!

I should know because i am still fucking around whenever i am back in sg.

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - Malaysia is the world's largest condom exporter and, incredibly, tiny Singapore is its top export destination.

According to Malaysia's department of statistics, Singapore's import of Malaysian-made condoms was only 72,500kg in 2009.

But the figure shot up to 594,000kg in 2010, before hitting 1.43 million kg or 572 million condoms last year, surpassing China, which imported close to 1.4 million kg of condoms.

"We wondered if anyone made a mistake. How can Singapore use more condoms than China?" said Karex executive director Goh Miah Kiat, who has access to the data.

But later it was discovered that the US government's donor projects had moved their main hub from South Korea to Singapore, because of the growth of condom manufacturers in this region.

"Singapore being strategically located, it was an ideal choice for where the condoms are sent, before they're redistributed to different countries around the world," he said.

By Teo Cheng Wee
The Straits Times
Wednesday, Oct 03, 2012

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like what Al Pacino's character said in The Devil's Advocate: consider the source.

http://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/faculty/mathews-mathew/

Accommodation relationships: the church and state in Singapore, Mathew, M (2009). In Francis Lim and Julius Bautista (ed) Christianity and the State in Asia. London: Routledge

Christianity in Singapore: The Voice of Moral Conscience to the State, Mathew, M (2009). Journal of Contemporary Religion, 24,1, 53-65.

Patriarchal Christianity in Asia and the challenge of feminist scholarship, Forthcoming In Abdul Rahman, Noor Aisha (ed) Religious Activism & Women’s Development in Southeast Asia (working title) Singapore: RIMA.

Saving the city through good works: Christian social services in Singapore, Mathew, M (2008) In Lai A.E (ed). Religious diversity in Singapore. Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies.

Negotiating Christianity and other religions: the view of Christian clergymen, Mathew, M (2008) In Lai Ah Eng (ed) Religious diversity in Singapore. Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies.

Explanatory models for mental illness endorsed by Christian clergymen: The development and use of an instrument in Singapore, Mathew, M. (2007). Mental health, Religion & Culture, 11, 3, 287-300.

----

http://www.wccasia.org/2012/speakers_ws_bio.php?id=65

logo.jpg

Dr Mathew Mathews
Research Fellow, Institute of Policy Studies,
National University of Singapore

65.jpg

Mathew Mathews is a Research Fellow at the Institute of Policy Studies, National University of Singapore. He has completed several research projects examining issues related to emotional, mental and relational well-being and has published his work in books and journals. He serves on the advisory board of Marriage Central, One People.sg and is President of Alive Community Network. Mathew received his graduate degrees from the National University of Singapore, Liberty University and Grand Rapids Theological Seminary.

This kind of person should be in a school of theology, not a research fellow at Old Fart's school of policy studies. :rolleyes:

:kma:

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think this so called research and study is definitely flawed.
those couples i know have indulged in pre marital sex long before they got married.
pre marital sex is the IN thing.....some even go for it on the first date!!!

who is not keen on premarital sex???

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sinkies spend far too much time fucking the PAP unnecessarily which leaves them with insufficient time and energy for the real thing.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There might be some truth in this....
On the other hand....the married ones are engaging in extra marital sex.

Totally agree ! Whenever I fuck a geylang or ktv whore, they assumed im a married man. When I told them im single, they are always very surprised .

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fuck lah, conducting a survey in middle of Shenton Way during office hours, of course people will give the morally correct answer lah. Some more those surveyed could be with their co-workers at that point in time.

You ask the same people when they are alone in coffee shops, the answer will be very different.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Who are those respondents? :rolleyes: Teens, single and married women are fucking like rabbits with their flings, ONS and affairs!

I should know because i am still fucking around whenever i am back in sg.

Yeah, you are right. They are all fucking like crazy. Never have a problem with finding women here to fuck. He should have changed his survey to "would you have pre-marital sex with an angmo", see the results shoot 99% in favour for all female respondents.