• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Summer Olympics 2012 London

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4IndividualCompoundW1-20120903.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012-09-03t213000z_2054803763_gm1e8940f6u01_rtrmadp_3_paralympics.jpg

China's Guo Weizhong competes in the men's High Jump Final F42 during the London 2012 Paralympic Games at the Olympic Stadium in London, September 3, 2012.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Were you at the opening?

No, i nearly go to Olympic opening, there were the 2012 stering pounds ticket still available, I was pondering whether to pay for once in a lifetime experience. Later i decided not to go, thank god for that, after i saw the live show on tv. I would have commit suicide to pay 2012 pounds to see that piece of shit.

As for paralympic opening, only watch live on tv, never even cross my mind to pay to see it, did not expect much from it. But i got a big headache after waiting for hours for the walk in. Jesus, that is long. By the time they finished, i was half asleep, so i cannot tell if it is any good, wait for the video to be upload on internet and watch second time. Rubbish.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, i nearly go to Olympic opening, there were the 2012 stering pounds ticket still available, I was pondering whether to pay for once in a lifetime experience. Later i decided not to go, thank god for that, after i saw the live show on tv. I would have commit suicide to pay 2012 pounds to see that piece of shit.

As for paralympic opening, only watch live on tv, never even cross my mind to pay to see it, did not expect much from it. But i got a big headache after waiting for hours for the walk in. Jesus, that is long. By the time they finished, i was half asleep, so i cannot tell if it is any good, wait for the video to be upload on internet and watch second time. Rubbish.

Ticket was priced at 2012 Pounds?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ticket was priced at 2012 Pounds?

the most expensive ticket is 2012 pounds for year 2012. There are still vacancy 1 day before the olympic opening, i wonder why?
the cheap ticket of less than 80 pounds were sold out like beginning of the year.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Laurentia+Tan+2012+London+Paralympics+Day+LFZI3kv1_j-x.jpg

Laurentia Tan of Singapore wins Silver during the Equestrian Dressage Individual Freestyle Test - Grade 1a on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at Greenwich Park on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

Equestrian rider Laurentia Tan becomes Singapore's most bemedalled Paralympian after winning a silver in the Individual Freestyle Test (Grade 1a) at the London Paralympic Games on Tuesday.

The 33-year-old, who suffers from cerebral palsy and profound deafness, finished behind Britain's Sophie Christiansen (84.750) with a score of 79.000 while Helen Kearney from Ireland came in third (78.450).

This is the Tan's fourth Paralympic medal after winning a bronze in the Individual championship dressage test (Grade 1a) on Monday, adding to her two bronzes won in 2008 at Beijing.

For her achievements at this year's Games in London, the Singapore-born Tan will be awarded S$150,000 (S$50,000 for bronze and S$100,000 for silver) while a gold medal would have bagged her S$200,000.

The awards are primarily sponsored by The Tote Board and Singapore Pools.

In contrast, an Olympic athlete will be rewarded S$1 million for a gold medal while a silver and bronze will carry awards of S$500,000 and S$250,000 respectively.

There have been an overwhelming outpour of congratulations for Tan, with many calling for greater monetary award for local Paralympians.

Yahoo! Singapore reader Doreen Choo said, "Well done! She deserves to be rewarded more for her achievement."

Another reader Salleh Mohamed added, "Paralympians deserves everything if not more than the Olympians received cause whatever they do they do it harder, tougher and they're more determined."

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Laurentia+Tan+2012+London+Paralympics+Day+-37Dgzb_jdqx.jpg

Sophie Christiansen of Great Britain wins Gold, Laurentia Tan of Singapore wins Silver and Helen Kerney of Ireland wins Bronze on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at Greenwich Park on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

LYM_3219LaurentiaTan_SIN_RubenJames2_byLindsayYMcC  all.jpg

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Laurentia+Tan+2012+London+Paralympics+Day+-lC_tBYhlzPx.jpg

Sophie Christiansen of Great Britain wins Gold, Laurentia Tan of Singapore wins Silver and Helen Kerney of Ireland wins Bronze on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at Greenwich Park on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

paralmgm-st3e_0.jpg

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012+London+Paralympics+Day+6+Around+Games+9QR41L4cEsQx.jpg

A general view of the Paralympic log outside the Aquatic Centre on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at the Aquatics Centre on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012+London+Paralympics+Day+6+Around+Games+BgC3BCLXQd-x.jpg

A general view of a firing range on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at The Royal Artillery Barracks on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012+London+Paralympics+Day+6+Around+Games+4BMpLHqn6CHx.jpg

Spectators arrive to watch the mixed R6-50m Rifle Prone- SH1 qualification round on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at The Royal Artillery Barracks on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012+London+Paralympics+Day+6+Around+Games+Cq9PcmQdk-Px.jpg

A general view of the 10-50m Rifle range on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at The Royal Artillery Barracks on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012+London+Paralympics+Day+6+Equestrian+lsD1QidUN0Kx.jpg

Lee Frawley of the Ivory Coast rides Rhapsody during the Equestrian Dressage Individual Freestyle Test - Grade IV on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at Greenwich Park on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012+London+Paralympics+Day+6+Equestrian+phEeDsUYsT0x.jpg

Lee Frawley of the Ivory Coast rides Rhapsody during the Equestrian Dressage Individual Freestyle Test - Grade IV on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at Greenwich Park on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012+London+Paralympics+Day+6+Equestrian+Qg0XxcblyaRx.jpg

Hannah Dodd of Australia rides Waikiwi during the Equestrian Dressage Individual Freestyle Test - Grade IV on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at Greenwich Park on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012+London+Paralympics+Day+6+Equestrian+ziC2Ua7EPuxx.jpg

Eleonore Elstone of Canada rides Zareno during the Equestrian Dressage Individual Freestyle Test - Grade IV on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at Greenwich Park on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012+London+Paralympics+Day+6+Equestrian+RO5I_iqOFycx.jpg

Sophie Wells of Great Britain wins Silver during the Equestrian Dressage Individual Freestyle Test - Grade IV on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at Greenwich Park on September 4, 2012 in London, England.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012+London+Paralympics+Day+6+Equestrian+qv94YfYj7cyx.jpg

Michele George of Belgium rides Rainman to win Gold during the Equestrian Dressage Individual Freestyle Test - Grade IV on day 6 of the London 2012 Paralympic Games at Greenwich Park on September 4, 2012 in London, England.