• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Summary of What Went Wrong For the Oppositions

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Below are the summary of what could went wrong based on my observations:

1) SDP - targeted the wrong GRC (very rich peasants) with their best candidates, CSJ past image also plays a part in voter's decision.
2) SPP - guarded their SMC fortress with the wrong candidate, attacked the GRC with a team of weak candidates.
3) NSP - attacked the GRC with the wrong focus of candidates.
4) RP - attacked the GRC with a team of weak candidates
5) SDA - attacked the SMC and GRC and a team of weak candidates, not willing to make more compromise.
6) WP - attacked some SMC and GRC with a team of weaker candidates

If all parties can better combine their strengths and set aside their differences, they will stand a much better chance to win more seats

Last edited:

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think only WP got its strategy right.
WP have systematic planning.
Can foresee their next target is EC GRC.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with oppositions, just that sinkies no balls even for those young voters voted for PAP, i fuck you

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think only WP got its strategy right.
WP have systematic planning.
Can foresee their next target is EC GRC.

WP is more systematic in their approach to fight against the MIWs and they are able to see the overall "big political picture"
by sacrificing some of the SMCs and GRCs with a weaker candidate.

But I'm still not so optimistic about the next GE2016. Have to think about of how to "run road while you can".

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) SDP - targeted the wrong GRC (very rich peasants) with their best candidates, CSJ past image also plays a part in voter's decision.

SDP Michelle Lee twitter said that in Holland-Bukit Timah, their votes from the "rich peoples" are much higher than the HDB peasants.

Last edited:

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would say, it would take another 2 elections to break the PAP's 2/3 majority.

I should be 'Run Road' soon.
I'll only be back to help in any capacity I can, when I feel Singaporean still have 'medicine help'.

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would say, it would take another 2 elections to break the PAP's 2/3 majority.

I should be 'Run Road' soon.
I'll only be back to help in any capacity I can, when I feel Singaporean still have 'medicine help'.

Where will you "run road" to?
Any good place to recommend? :smile:

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with oppositions, just that sinkies no balls even for those young voters voted for PAP, i fuck you

Both the oppositions and sinkies have to play a part in this GE2011. Even if we assume that all sinkies have the balls but there's no strong oppositions for them
to vote, singaporeans will not be going anywhere either.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

2) SPP - guarded their SMC fortress with the wrong candidate, attacked the GRC with a team of weak candidates.
3) NSP - attacked the GRC with the wrong focus of candidates.
4) RP - attacked the GRC with a team of weak candidates
5) SDA - attacked the SMC and GRC and a team of weak candidates, not willing to make more compromise.
6) WP - attacked some SMC and GRC with a team of weaker candidates

If all parties can better combine their strengths and set aside their differences, they will stand a much better chance to win more seats

It is not fair to analyse this way. If every party was to choose the right place to contest, it will be a 3-corner fight or some town may become another walk-over. However, they resolved amicably regardless of the risk involved and made this a watershed election where 95% of Singaporeans were able to vote.

The problems is not the party, but the voters. If the voters are die-hard PAP supporters no matter how good your candidates are, and where you contest, you will still garner the same margin.

I salute all oppositions for making an effort to contest in every ward and tried their best. It is not easy and can be very tiring. Voters may not understand them. So stop criticising SDP, NSP or SPP.

Last edited:

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not fair to analyse this way. If every party was to choose the right place to contest, it will be a 3-corner fight or some town may become another walk-over. However, they resolved amicably regardless of the risk involved and made this a watershed election where 95% of Singaporeans were able to vote.

The problems is not the party, but the voters. If the voters are die-hard PAP supporters no matter how good your candidates are, and where you contest, you will still garner the same margin.

I salute all oppositions for making an effort to contest in every ward and tried their best. It is not easy and can be very tiring. Voters may not understand them. So stop criticising SDP, NSP or SPP.

Not criticizing here, just analyzing what could have went wrong.
We all knew that the oppositions have made their sacrifices so that it's an ideal win-win situation for either party to score a victory in one GRC.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where will you "run road" to?
Any good place to recommend? :smile:

Depends what you want in life, anywhere is a good place, including Singapore.
I'm going to where a lot of Singaporeans are heading.
Going to catch up with some of my sec schoolmates there and also some friends that I've made in SBF.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Promote three corner fight is wrong

Reduce from 2 GRC and 1 SMC to 1 GRC and 1 SMC is wrong. SDA better go for 2 GRC and no three corner fight is right.

Plan for lose deposit is wrong.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sgporeans selfishness is all that wet wrong from the beginning.
Complaint every day BUT change mind at voting booth.
Also, the oppos cannot consolidate as one or two. Each want
to be leader in own way OR getting into wrong party.
Eg. RP,SDA,SPP.
Juz my thought only.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously, I think that oppos should all gather, sit down n have some very very serious talk, share n discuss. If we have a common goal in singapore, why must have so many oppos parties? Cmon ,Merge n untied. This is what MIW is doing all along, all for one, one for all. People see liao, very confident in them cos pic very nice.
Whereas oppos, everybody want to have a said, why like that, not untied one, people see liao also very scare, so many indian chief.
if singaporeans were to pass the authority power to them , so many indian chief, singapore sure mati. Parliment will have alot of argument, not stable at all.
Pls correct me if Im wrong.

Last edited:

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, I think that oppos should all gather, sit down n have some very very serious talk, share n discuss. If we have a common goal in singapore, why must have so many oppos parties? Cmon ,Merge n untied. This is what MIW is doing all along, all for one, one for all. People see liao, very confident in them cos pic very nice.
Whereas oppos, everybody want to have a said, why like that, not untied one, people see liao also very scare, so many indian chief.
if singaporeans were to pass the authority power to them , so many indian chief, singapore sure mati. Parliment will have alot of argument, not stable at all.
Pls correct me if Im wrong.

If Japan, Thailand and even Malaysia can govern their countries so well based on coalition governance, the oppositions in S'pore should learn from them. Be united as one to draw strength from each other to fight the MIW.

But sad to say, sillyporeans are too self centered.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP Michelle Lee twitter said that in Holland-Bukit Timah, their votes from the "rich peoples" are much higher than the HDB peasants.

She is not wrong. My friends and I are relatively well off but we are opposition supporters. Not that we are anti-establishment but because we are brought up that the difference between humans and animals is the capacity for compassion and empathy. And the danger of consolidating so much power in a hands of a few. History has a way of telling us it always end up destroying the country with everyone in it.

You'll be surprise that most PAP supporters come from the lower income; and of course, the church goers. I fell of my chair when a Christian friend told me her church said voting anti-establishment is a sin.

Most middle and higher income groups are actually opposition supporters.

Last edited:
Z

Zombie

Promote three corner fight is wrong

Please give Punggol Pasir-Ris a 3-corner fight in 2016 to tell SDA stop wasting time.

I rather wait for a good fight in 2021 election. :biggrin:

I'll take more ginseng to make sure I can live that long. :biggrin:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB peasants screw those who stand up for them.
In turn they screw their own back side and Singapore along with.
Well done, now we know the gap is not between the Rich and the Poor
It's between the smart and the stupid.