• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Student throws chair, file at VP

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come nowadays youngsters are so violent? They watched too many Hollywood movies???? just like SPGs???? :biggrin:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not say I want to say, but it seems that most (though I won't really say all) of you older generation people do not seem to be able understand and cannot relate well to us younger generation people. I always kinda felt this way ever since my junior high days.

We are both drifting further and further from each other.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,198822,00.html?

Vice-principal 'scolds' for poor results, then...
Student throws chair, file at VP
April 14, 2009

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my secondary school days, one of the teachers from the next door class got punched in the nose by one of my classmates as he came over and told us to shut up (no teacher was in our class at that time). When my classmate made a snide remark at him, he came over to his table and gave him one tight slap! My classmate then lost his cool and gave that farker one punch on the face that left him bleeding profusely. The police was called in and my classmate was suspended for 2 months and caned in public. But he couldn't give a shit! Today, this classmate is in the oill rig biz in the Middle East making tons of money. But I wonder what happened to that teacher now. Probably retired liao!

jw5

Loyal
During my secondary school days, one of the teachers from the next door class got punched in the nose by one of my classmates as he came over and told us to shut up (no teacher was in our class at that time). When my classmate made a snide remark at him, he came over to his table and gave him one tight slap! My classmate then lost his cool and gave that farker one punch on the face that left him bleeding profusely. The police was called in and my classmate was suspended for 2 months and caned in public. But he couldn't give a shit! Today, this classmate is in the oill rig biz in the Middle East making tons of money. But I wonder what happened to that teacher now. Probably retired liao!
Does the fact that the classmate punched the teacher and is now making tons of money make him a hero?
I don't think so.
While I don't think the teacher should have slapped him, that classmate of yours also needs to consider why he was making so much noise and disturbing other classes. If he is not able to go through that thought process now, he may only be rich temporarily.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Teachers at that time I heard were pretty rough too, so I have no say. But you rock anyway for the post. :wink::wink:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does the fact that the classmate punched the teacher and is now making tons of money make him a hero?
I don't think so.
While I don't think the teacher should have slapped him, that classmate of yours also needs to consider why he was making so much noise and disturbing other classes. If he is not able to go through that thought process now, he may only be rich temporarily.

No of course not. Standing up for oneself is as important in life as almost everything else. This at a person's youth defines whether you are a leader or a follower. So you have no right to even speculate if he is only rich temporarily, especially when you are an employee (though there's clearly nothing wrong being one).

His classmate believed in himself and stood up for his beliefs and is true to himself as to what he likes and dislikes, and he ended up a leader and a winner, end of story.