• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Student, cleaner and man of the house at age 23

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/student-cleaner-and-man-house-age-23-20150615

MY_20150615_TNPCLEAN15_P_1409049.jpg
[h=3][/h]FAMILY MAN: Mr Lu, a part-time student, is the sole breadwinner of his family. His mother is a stroke patient and his sister has schizophrenia. His father died of cancer in September last year.

PHOTO: THE NEW PAPER

Published on Jun 15, 2015
[h=2]Student, cleaner and man of the house at age 23[/h]

CHAI HUNG YIN

HE IS only 23, but this young man will do anything to support his family.

Lu Zhi Quan cleans people's homes - sweeping and mopping the floors, even scrubbing toilets.

That means there are no movies or clubbing in his free time. But Mr Lu, a part-time student, does not mind.

He is more focused on his role as the family's sole breadwinner. His mother is a stroke patient and his sister has schizophrenia. His father died of cancer in September last year.

Mr Lu also has to work hard to put himself through school. He says: "I want to further my studies - diploma, degree and maybe even a master's."

He hopes to be a social worker one day and for this, he needs higher qualifications, says the mechanical engineering student.

Due to issues at home, his parents sold the family flat after they separated. Mr Lu, his mother and his sister went to live with his maternal grandmother.

His estranged father was later diagnosed with end-stage cancer, while his mum suffered a minor stroke.

After his father's death, Mr Lu became the caregiver to his mum, 60, and his sister, 31, who has been schizophrenic for more than 10 years.

Mr Lu is the youngest of four children. His other two elder siblings - a brother and a sister - are married and live with their families.

He worked as a waiter and later as a technician, while studying part-time, to support his family. But that left him with no time to spend with his sister.

He says: "She doesn't dare to go out on her own and she stays cooped up at home. She tires easily as she has been staying at home for far too long. I want her to get her life back."

So he quit his better-paying job as a technician to become a freelance cleaner with Fuss.sg, a booking platform for home cleaning services in Singapore.

As a technician, he worked from 9am to 5pm on weekdays, bringing in $2,000 monthly. As a cleaner, he earns $15 an hour and on average, makes $700 to $800 a month.

Mr Lu says: "(But) the timing is more flexible. I can take my sister to see the doctor and also, (help her) build up her stamina. I hope she can at least learn to be independent and live the life she wants."

Thrice a week, he takes his sister out for walks and jogs. He also teaches her to type on the keyboard.

"When her physical tolerance is better, I plan to bring her in as a freelance cleaner. Her typing skills will come in useful if she wants to take up administrative jobs."

Mr Lu does about 12 cleaning jobs a week. On some school days, he does two to three cleaning jobs in the day before rushing off for his evening classes, often still sweaty from his work.

Each job takes an average of two to three hours.

"Sometimes, I don't even have time to eat. I'll eat on the way to the next job. I often have to turn down my friends when they ask me to go drinking. I can't afford it."

To save money, he cooks his meals or packs economy rice from a hawker centre.

Mr Lu, who lives in a one-room rental flat in Sengkang, depends on GST vouchers. The scheme helps lower- and middle-income households with living expenses. He is in the process of applying for financial assistance.

His mother, who used to work as a dishwasher, says she does not object to her son taking up cleaning jobs as "he wants to help his sister".

But his sister reveals that their mother "feels heartache" that he has to bear the burden of looking after the family.

She says: "I'm happy that he's helping me to get back on my feet again."

But Mr Lu remains cheerful.

"At least, cleaning is a job and it pays better than being a waiter," he says. "In the army, we had to do everything, too."

THE NEW PAPER

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://www.facebook.com/TREmeritus/posts/756593151097512

[h=5]TR Emeritus
[/h]January 20 ·

"About $400 million is spent on scholarships and free tuition grants for foreign students every year when 60% of our students in the local universities need financial assistance to pay fees and one-third of school children have no pocket-money for lunch.
Large numbers of foreign students on scholarships take up places in universities, thus depriving Singaporean children of their rightful place. Instead of taking ownership of the problem they have created, PAP ministers told Singaporeans to lower their expectations and forgo university education."
Do you find this acceptable?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/student-cleaner-and-man-house-age-23-20150615

MY_20150615_TNPCLEAN15_P_1409049.jpg
[h=3][/h]FAMILY MAN: Mr Lu, a part-time student, is the sole breadwinner of his family. His mother is a stroke patient and his sister has schizophrenia. His father died of cancer in September last year.

PHOTO: 0

Published on Jun 15, 2015
[h=2]Student, cleaner and man of the house at age 23[/h]

CHAI HUNG YIN

HE IS only 23, but this young man will do anything to support his family.

Lu Zhi Quan cleans people's homes - sweeping and mopping the floors, even scrubbing toilets.

That means there are no movies or clubbing in his free time. But Mr Lu, a part-time student, does not mind.

He is more focused on his role as the family's sole breadwinner. His mother is a stroke patient and his sister has schizophrenia. His father died of cancer in September last year.

Mr Lu also has to work hard to put himself through school. He says: "I want to further my studies - diploma, degree and maybe even a master's."

He hopes to be a social worker one day and for this, he needs higher qualifications, says the mechanical engineering student.

Due to issues at home, his parents sold the family flat after they separated. Mr Lu, his mother and his sister went to live with his maternal grandmother.

His estranged father was later diagnosed with end-stage cancer, while his mum suffered a minor stroke.

After his father's death, Mr Lu became the caregiver to his mum, 60, and his sister, 31, who has been schizophrenic for more than 10 years.

Mr Lu is the youngest of four children. His other two elder siblings - a brother and a sister - are married and live with their families.

He worked as a waiter and later as a technician, while studying part-time, to support his family. But that left him with no time to spend with his sister.

He says: "She doesn't dare to go out on her own and she stays cooped up at home. She tires easily as she has been staying at home for far too long. I want her to get her life back."

So he quit his better-paying job as a technician to become a freelance cleaner with Fuss.sg, a booking platform for home cleaning services in Singapore.

As a technician, he worked from 9am to 5pm on weekdays, bringing in $2,000 monthly. As a cleaner, he earns $15 an hour and on average, makes $700 to $800 a month.

Mr Lu says: "(But) the timing is more flexible. I can take my sister to see the doctor and also, (help her) build up her stamina. I hope she can at least learn to be independent and live the life she wants."

Thrice a week, he takes his sister out for walks and jogs. He also teaches her to type on the keyboard.

"When her physical tolerance is better, I plan to bring her in as a freelance cleaner. Her typing skills will come in useful if she wants to take up administrative jobs."

Mr Lu does about 12 cleaning jobs a week. On some school days, he does two to three cleaning jobs in the day before rushing off for his evening classes, often still sweaty from his work.

Each job takes an average of two to three hours.

"Sometimes, I don't even have time to eat. I'll eat on the way to the next job. I often have to turn down my friends when they ask me to go drinking. I can't afford it."

To save money, he cooks his meals or packs economy rice from a hawker centre.

Mr Lu, who lives in a one-room rental flat in Sengkang, depends on GST vouchers. The scheme helps lower- and middle-income households with living expenses. He is in the process of applying for financial assistance.

His mother, who used to work as a dishwasher, says she does not object to her son taking up cleaning jobs as "he wants to help his sister".

But his sister reveals that their mother "feels heartache" that he has to bear the burden of looking after the family.

She says: "I'm happy that he's helping me to get back on my feet again."

But Mr Lu remains cheerful.

"At least, cleaning is a job and it pays better than being a waiter," he says. "In the army, we had to do everything, too."

THE NEW PAPER

Who needs FT when we have heroes in our midst!

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very poor gene pool. The whole family should be exterminated.

Wow..Uncle...cannot like dat lah...

At least this young man earns an honest day work...unlike our many many PAP Part time MP...take the pay and go their way to hold 64 job titles to make more money.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At least this young man earns an honest day work...unlike our many many PAP Part time MP...take the pay and go their way to hold 64 job titles to make more money.

He is right in some way, in the past, these people would have been thrown in dustbin. The other two normal siblings, are just carrying the bad genes to the next generation.:rolleyes:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he can just work for zhar an mothers.
zhar an mothers were looking for cleaners and willing to pay 4000 a month

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very poor gene pool. The whole family should be exterminated.

You should have asked before jumping to such conclusion ..

Who did Mr Lu parents voted for in the last election and many election before that as Mr Lu himself was not eligible to vote then since he had not attained 21 yrs of age.

But my bet is, having come to a conclusion that Sinkie particularly of such breed are ..

FUCKTARDs..

I would not need to guess ..

WHO Mr Lu will vote for in this coming election! LoL

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I respect this young man! He is at least make an honest living, take care of parent,
unlike some ass hole here make million, many more sleeping Directorship title
do nothing get paid by the tens of thousand per month!!

Under the title should be called "Director of Jia Liow Bee"