• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Straits Times reverts back to role of PAP mouthpiece

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
After starting positive by giving opposition more coverage, the Straits Times is reverting back to its main role of PAP mouthpiece in the final days of the election.

Today's Straits Times has PAP on the front page, and then 8 other pages inside. The opposition, combined, were given 3 pages.

Chen Show Mao was described in today's papers as 'Taiwan-born Chen Show Mao'

However, in the papers a couple days back, Janil Puthucheary was described as Janil Puthucheary instead of 'NS-dodging Malaysian born new citizen'

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I never expected anything other than pap balls licking from the ST anyway. I subscribe to it, only because I need something to read in the morning when I am shitting. But I don't use it to wipe my ass though. :biggrin:

Last edited:

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
The online website is just as bad... There has been no WP rally videos for the last few days.....
Other Opposition parties still appear daily....

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
many uncles and aunties still depend on the papers to get a grip on reality. You'll be surprised that many of them see the world through ST blinkers.

How do we reach them with online media? Many of them can't even turn on a computer

Last edited:

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
many uncles and aunties still depend on the papers to get a grip on reality. You'll be surprised that many of them see the world through ST blinkers.

How do we reach them with online media? Many of them can't even turn on a computer?

Exactly! As long as PAP has a deathgrip on Straits Times and MediaCorp.....it will be nearly impossible to throw them out.

It is not a coincidence that the PAP's three largest supporter demographics also happen to be those most reliant on Straits Times and MediaCorp to view the world.

Women. Elderly. Malays

Women I understand, PAP has done a lot for them even recently. But why do the elderly and the Malays support the PAP when they are the ones getting screwed most by PAP policies. Poor people is another mystery....they don't really read newspapers and they get a raw deal from the PAP, and yet vote PAP in greater numbers compared to middle class and rich people. Why? Is it because their votes are so cheap to buy that a stupid $700 growth dividends package does the trick?