• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

stop ERP during school holidays

bella

Alfrescian
Loyal
the traffic is smooth flowing during school holidays - why the need to still have ERP, though at a discounted rate.
i think traffic will still be good even if ERP is removed during school holidays

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the traffic is smooth flowing during school holidays - why the need to still have ERP, though at a discounted rate.
i think traffic will still be good even if ERP is removed during school holidays

What do you mean stop?, it is Every Rob People (ERP), money making; so that the people working for them can go on exteneded holidays & learn French Cooking.

A privilege we lesser mortals can never have!:p

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAY AND PAY, How to stop paying from Everyday Rob Peasant!!

slohand2

Alfrescian
Loyal

One glaring fact is the ERP on Saturday. I can never understand their argument to impose this when people need to go shopping and enjoy themselves.

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal

discounted rate reflects the fact that parents don't need to send their kids to school. but people still go to work during school holidays. i don't know why i need to state something so obvious, but apparently some people need it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You must have heard the saying "You can't escape death & taxes".

For the PAP, they might avoid paying taxes, but fortunately even LKY is going to up the lorry, eventually :smile:

For "lesser mortals" the ERP is a hidden tax & there's no way the PAP is going to give up the $$$. You see Spore Inc is a business & Sporeans are a captive market.

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

At discounted rate, lky's son's govt is collecting alot less, the govt has been thinking of how to compensate this shortfall.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just give them the money... give them see doctor :biggrin:

We everyday give them money, open our eyes, we gave money, where we have enough left to see doctor?

Only the Minister 'cowbunga' can afford a $8 heart operation, we lesser mortals doing the same will cost as at least $80,000 & the family will be in debt to the next generation.:rolleyes:

bella

Alfrescian
Loyal
discounted rate reflects the fact that parents don't need to send their kids to school. but people still go to work during school holidays. i don't know why i need to state something so obvious, but apparently some people need it.

===
u dont understand what i was saying right !
with people still going to work, the traffic is light and smooth flowing
hence, there is no need for erp during this period
somehow becos there's no school traffic is not congested

i am saying a discounted erp is still not justifiable

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
===
u dont understand what i was saying right !
with people still going to work, the traffic is light and smooth flowing
hence, there is no need for erp during this period
somehow becos there's no school traffic is not congested

i am saying a discounted erp is still not justifiable

You stupid or what? If there is no ERP, there WILL be congestion. I rather pay ERP and keep you off the road!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You stupid or what? If there is no ERP, there WILL be congestion. I rather pay ERP and keep you off the road!

oh yes , and MRT should be cap at $10 per single trip so that it will not become overcrowed during office hours ....:rolleyes:

ps: if you cant solve problems ....dont create another one ......

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh yes , and MRT should be cap at $10 per single trip so that it will not become overcrowed during office hours ....:rolleyes:

ps: if you cant solve problems ....dont create another one ......

What is the problem? For a mere $6 a day, I can keep the congestion out of the roads. As far as I am concerned, the problem has been solved by an act of political courage. I hate to use someone else's words but I call that a bargain.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What is the problem? For a mere $6 a day, I can keep the congestion out of the roads. As far as I am concerned, the problem has been solved by an act of political courage. I hate to use someone else's words but I call that a bargain.

$6 a day will not solve any congestion problem ( it just give excuses for the goverment to rip you off ) ...by raising it to $100 a day and you can really see the differences !!! if you think money can solved problem . :rolleyes:

learn from japan ...let all company bosses in singapore pay for their workers daily transportation fee ( only for for those using train and bus ) increase all carpark entry fee to $10 per hour . there must be a reward if you want to give out any punishment .....:wink: fair and square . but i dont think your goverment want to piss off those rich ppl who owns company in singapore .

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
$6 a day will not solve any congestion problem ( it just give excuses for the goverment to rip you off ) ...by raising it to $100 a day and you can really see the differences !!! if you think money can solved problem . :rolleyes:

learn from japan ...let all company bosses in singapore pay for their workers daily transportation fee ( only for for those using train and bus ) increase all carpark entry fee to $10 per hour . there must be a reward if you want to give out any punishment .....:wink: fair and square . but i dont think your goverment want to piss off those rich ppl who owns company in singapore .

I don't understand. $6 a day I get a smooth ride and you insist problem not solved? You deluded or what? :biggrin:

Why should government be playing robbinG hood?