• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stop allowing NS exemptions for the rich....

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam is repeating the new party line to get dissenters to leave the country. they know if dissenters stayed, the PAP would face a harder time at future elections.

lately many fakers here have been encouraging people to leave the country. this will only help to dilute the singapore centre even more.

1. There was never any threat of invasion and it was NOT due to the presence of NS conscripts. Only the bogeymen threat of invaders by the PAP that conned the DAFTs into supporting NS & keeping the PAP regime for 50 years.

If invading another country were so simple, the 1st country to be invaded won't be Singapore but the tiny sultanate of Oil rich Brunei with a mere 300,000 population with NO significant standing army. Both Malaysia or Indonesia could just cross the border anytime without any naval or air support.

2. HDB property or even Condos NEVER attained the levels of millions$$$ in the 90s, Resale Executive HDB flats only fetched around $400,000 levels. Terrace houses were just touching $1million.

3. Not many Singaporeans at age 40 in the 1990s who owned a HDB flat would have amassed S$3 million to emigrate.

The MAIN POINT is why should MAJORITY of Singaporeans who are struggling to make ends meet and not amass $3 million by age 40 be part of a slave labour NS conscription concept risking life and limb for an imaginary threat of invasion and protecting the assets of the wealthy few?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The rich people dun need the privilege to serve NS. Only peasants have.

KlsGXFz.jpg

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rich people dun need the privilege to serve NS. Only peasants have.

KlsGXFz.jpg
A privilege is something you can choose to give up and not have it forced upon you.
I support NS but not t unfairness that comes to those who serve. ...why is a Singaporean
first so difficult for the pap? Why is providing our elderly proper care so difficult? Why
is taking care of the sick so tough for the pap? But giving opportunities and scholarship
to foreigners they are willing and enthusiastic... spending lavishly on weapons and military platform they are very eager.....their thinking is unbalanced

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
1. There was never any threat of invasion and it was NOT due to the presence of NS conscripts. Only the bogeymen threat of invaders by the PAP that conned the DAFTs into supporting NS & keeping the PAP regime for 50 years.

If invading another country were so simple, the 1st country to be invaded won't be Singapore but the tiny sultanate of Oil rich Brunei with a mere 300,000 population with NO significant standing army. Both Malaysia or Indonesia could just cross the border anytime without any naval or air support.

2. HDB property or even Condos NEVER attained the levels of millions$$$ in the 90s, Resale Executive HDB flats only fetched around $400,000 levels. Terrace houses were just touching $1million.

3. Not many Singaporeans at age 40 in the 1990s who owned a HDB flat would have amassed S$3 million to emigrate.

The MAIN POINT is why should MAJORITY of Singaporeans who are struggling to make ends meet and not amass $3 million by age 40 be part of a slave labour NS conscription concept risking life and limb for an imaginary threat of invasion and protecting the assets of the wealthy few?

By the time there is a threat of invasion, it is too late. Markets hate uncertainty. Once the sabre rattling starts, funds will have already taken flight.

I sold my 3 room condo for $780,000 and this was in 1994.

In the 90s, a million dollars would be all that was necessary to start a great life in a new country. In fact, there is a sinkie living in Auckland who did it with $500,000 as property prices in NZ were a third of what they are now. He bought a house for $185,000 and placed the rest of the money in a term deposit at 10% interest which was the prevailing rate at the time.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sam is repeating the new party line to get dissenters to leave the country. they know if dissenters stayed, the PAP would face a harder time at future elections.

lately many fakers here have been encouraging people to leave the country. this will only help to dilute the singapore centre even more.

My advice is absolutely apolitical. I have no interest in the politics of Singapore whatsoever. I couldn't care less who is in power.

I provide recommendations regarding life choices based upon the fact that we are all citizens of the world and that National Boundaries mean very little in this day and age.

When decisions are made, outdated concepts such as "nationality", "loyalty", "roots", "motherland" etc should all be consigned to the rubbish heap. People should make choices based upon what is advantageous to them, their families and their future generations.

Singapore, like any other country, is nothing more than transient entity. It is here today but it may well be gone tomorrow. Larger nations than Singapore have disintegrated over time. It is a bit far fetched to believe that Singapore will still be around in 50 years in its present form and with current levels of prosperity.

Think of your Singapore assets as being like shares in a company. If you got them cheap and selling them now will yield a 20x return on investment, it would be stupid to hold on to them for the rest of your life. Cashing out is simply the prudent thing to do.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
your advice has been anything but Apolitical. you have a track record. you advise based on your self-interests to maintain the status quo.

one world can never been forced upon humanity because 99% of leaders have always acted in their own self interest.

look across history, there were perhaps 5 leaders who fought for the people. systems and institutions exists to control the mind of the weak and barbaric. but these systems always enslave the constituents in the end rather than serve them.

the best system is one of no system, where enlightened beings make enlightened choices.

My advice is absolutely apolitical. I have no interest in the politics of Singapore whatsoever. I couldn't care less who is in power.

I provide recommendations regarding life choices based upon the fact that we are all citizens of the world and that National Boundaries mean very little in this day and age.

When decisions are made, outdated concepts such as "nationality", "loyalty", "roots", "motherland" etc should all be consigned to the rubbish heap. People should make choices based upon what is advantageous to them, their families and their future generations.

Singapore, like any other country, is nothing more than transient entity. It is here today but it may well be gone tomorrow. Larger nations than Singapore have disintegrated over time. It is a bit far fetched to believe that Singapore will still be around in 50 years in its present form and with current levels of prosperity.

Think of your Singapore assets as being like shares in a company. If you got them cheap and selling them now will yield a 20x return on investment, it would be stupid to hold on to them for the rest of your life. Cashing out is simply the prudent thing to do.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
your advice has been anything but Apolitical. you have a track record. you advise based on your self-interests to maintain the status quo.

one world can never been forced upon humanity because 99% of leaders have always acted in their own self interest.

When I refer to the "world", I'm not implying in any way that it is a united world sharing a common goal. In fact, it will always be anything but.

What I'm emphasising is that increased mobility allows us to move to wherever it is advantageous to do so. The foreigners in Singapore are doing just that. They don't intend to stay. All they're doing is maximising their return on investment. When they've finished milking the Singapore system, they'll move on to greener pastures.

Singaporeans have to learn to be just as adaptable for their own good.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
its fine to make a living overseas, but how about retirement? will there be a place for the worn out, world traveled singaporean when he decides to come home? or he is supposed to retire in iskandar.

singaporeans like all humans will learn to adapt, but it doesnt help when the system keeps shifting the goal posts or changing the rules as they please.

what made singapore great in the early days was continuity. since the 90s, its been the roll of the dice every decade.

When I refer to the "world", I'm not implying in any way that it is a united world sharing a common goal. In fact, it will always be anything but.

What I'm emphasising is that increased mobility allows us to move to wherever it is advantageous to do so. The foreigners in Singapore are doing just that. They don't intend to stay. All they're doing is maximising their return on investment. When they've finished milking the Singapore system, they'll move on to greener pastures.

Singaporeans have to learn to be just as adaptable for their own good.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
its fine to make a living overseas, but how about retirement? will there be a place for the worn out, world traveled singaporean when he decides to come home? or he is supposed to retire in iskandar.

You still don't get it. Singapore is not a home. It's a company. Singapore is a place which you can use to become wealthy.

Once you've made your pile, you then move on and don't look back.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still don't get it. Singapore is not a home. It's a company. Singapore is a place which you can use to become wealthy.

Once you've made your pile, you then move on and don't look back.

i will assiduously vote until singapore becomes home again.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i will assiduously vote until singapore becomes home again.

Singapore will never be a home because it is not a nation sharing a common bond via culture or language.

It's a staging area. It's how it started and it is how it will end.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore will never be a home because it is not a nation sharing a common bond via culture or language.

It's a staging area. It's how it started and it is how it will end.

no thanks to the old policies of the previous government to destroy all things remotely singaporean. thank goodness Singlish has survived with a vengeance and our culture of complaining is still intact.

you're entitled to your mistaken opinion. do leave, and take your kin with you. the rest of us will stay and fight the good fight.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
no thanks to the old policies of the previous government to destroy all things remotely singaporean. thank goodness Singlish has survived with a vengeance and our culture of complaining is still intact.

you're entitled to your mistaken opinion. do leave, and take your kin with you. the rest of us will stay and fight the good fight.

Singlish isn't a culture. It's just bad English spoken by people who should know better.

If Singlish is the only entity in Singapore's cultural pot, I rest my case. It's a pathetic attempt at nationhood.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singlish isn't a culture. It's just bad English spoken by people who should know better.

If Singlish is the only entity in Singapore's cultural pot, I rest my case. It's a pathetic attempt at nationhood.

your elitist attitudes betray you. fruits don't fall far from the tree. culture does not develop without continuity.