• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Still got people take taxis?

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_295761.html

Trans-Cab axes fuel surcharge
By Christopher Tan, Senior Correspondent

ONE of Singapore's smallest taxi companies has announced it will break ranks with industry giants and drop a 30-cent fuel surcharge.

Trans-Cab, which has a fleet of 2,200 red-and-white taxis, said it will lift the levy on Nov 11, just over three months after powerhouse ComfortDelGro Corp introduced the surcharge.

It was quickly adopted by other cab companies, much to chagrin of commuters who were still coping with a fare increase in December.

Read Christopher Tan's full story in Wednesday's edition of The Straits Times.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this case, I have a job at hand. Why don't you becum my personal masseur ??:wink:

You can't afford me. :smile: Stick to GL/WL/FL girls. They are more your budget and type.

However, I will consider if you pay enough to feed starving orphans for the month. Consider charity in times of need for the poor things.

Last edited:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't afford me. :smile: Stick to GL girls. They are more your budget.

However, I will consider if you pay enough to feed starving orphans for the month. Consider charity in t times of need for the poor things.

One of them yours ?? Yikes !!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah there are still people who can afford taxi
but there are less bankers taking taxi now.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you have taken taxi in developed countries, you will thank God that you lived in SGP!!

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comfort will drop the surchage on 12 Nov 08 :biggrin:

===================================================================================
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Oct 29, 2008

Comfort fuel levy to go

By Christopher Tan, Senior Correspondent

ln-sg-comfort.jpg

ComfortDelGro Corp will lift its 30-cent fuel surcharge on Nov 12, one day after small newcomer Trans-Cab. -- ST PHOTO: CHEW SENG KIM

TAXI giant ComfortDelGro Corp will lift its 30-cent fuel surcharge on Nov 12, one day after small newcomer Trans-Cab.

The other operators, including Smart Automobiles, Premier Taxis and Prime Taxis, are expected to follow suit.

But since cab operators have to give the Public Transport Council a two-week notice on any revision, the earliest the contentious levy can be lifted all round is Nov 12.

In a statement released a day after Trans-Cab said it would scrap the surcharge, ComfortDelGro said it would remove the levy from 6am, Nov 12.

Publicly-listed ComfortDelGro has 15,200 taxis, representing 60 per cent of the market. Trans-Cab, part of cooking gas supplier Union Energy which entered the taxi industry when it was liberalised five years ago, has 2,200 vehicles.

Mr Seng Han Thong, advisor to the Taxi Operators' Association, a body which represents cabbies, said: 'In view of the current low diesel price, it is timely that the diesel surcharge be removed so that more commuters will be encouraged to take taxis.'

Taxi ridership has fallen by 7 per cent to around 921,000 a day, from 991,000 in 2006 - before the first of two fare hikes was implemented. At the same time, the taxi population has grown by 6 per cent in the last two years to about 24,400.