• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ST Life: Geylang is PRC food hub.

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today's Sunday Life reported on PRC food stalls in Geylang. Left wondering on the following after reading the article.

1. How these stall owners qualified as talents to enter Singapore in the first place?
2. It was reported that these PRC stalls changed Geylang from a place known for local food to one known for PRC food. Was the political desk aware of this? It is like admitting FTs are taking away Singaporeans' rice bowl.
3. One of the stalls was very authentic because the owner, chefs and servers are all from PRC. How did they achieve that? Wasn't there some sort of quota?

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah point number 3 really fire me up!

I thought our gahmen said that the FTs are here to create jobs for Singaporeans!? Apparently these foreign fucks are creating more jobs for their own fuckers and drawing heaps of capital out of our country! Knn.

U go that fuckin pinoy lucky plaza, knn it's like the pinoys have totally conquered Singapore once u enter that stinking mall. ccb!

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah point number 3 really fire me up!

I thought our gahmen said that the FTs are here to create jobs for Singaporeans!? Apparently these foreign fucks are creating more jobs for their own fuckers and drawing heaps of capital out of our country! Knn.

U go that fuckin pinoy lucky plaza, knn it's like the pinoys have totally conquered Singapore once u enter that stinking mall. ccb!

Hopefully, the government will soon come up with plans to designate certain areas of Singapore as native reservations or Aboriginal territories, just like in the USA or Australia.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TV2009080919120900-1.jpg

Ah! I just luv authentic Sze Chuan's cockroach steamboat! *Ahh...*

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stinkapore had to keep cost very very low to compete with China and India, so we bring in all these chinese and Indians. The low skilled workers will be hit by this action and we will subsidised them with the workfare scheme. The PMETs will have to tighten their belt and the rich and towkays will benefit most. Well but no choice becasue we have to compete with China and India. I think this sums up the situation here.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. How these stall owners qualified as talents to enter Singapore in the first place?
Owners are Towkays got $$$ provide jobs...

2. It was reported that these PRC stalls changed Geylang from a place known for local food to one known for PRC food. Was the political desk aware of this? It is like admitting FTs are taking away Singaporeans' rice bowl.
Stinkapore had to keep cost very very low to compete with China and India, so we bring in all these chinese and Indians. The low skilled workers will be hit by this action and we will subsidised them with the workfare scheme. The PMETs will have to tighten their belt and the rich and towkays will benefit most. Well but no choice becasue we have to compete with China and India. I think this sums up the situation here.

3. One of the stalls was very authentic because the owner, chefs and servers are all from PRC. How did they achieve that? Wasn't there some sort of quota?
No Quota for S-Pass, MAYBE they get in as S-Pass holders.