• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'poreans hardest to deal with: tour guide

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal

THE commentary, "My love-hate affair with my countrymen" (my paper,March 16), has again proven that Singapore's concerted efforts to drive home the paramount importance of graciousness have not achieved their desired results.

Singaporeans display their lack of social graces not only at home but also abroad, especially in neighbouring countries.

I know of a Malaysian friend who is a tour guide for visitors from Asean.

When asked which nationality is hardest to deal with, his spontaneous response was: Singaporeans.

According to him, Singaporeans are impatient and smug.

They complain about petty issues, such as slow service in restaurants and hotels as well as transport delays.

They want everything cheap and good, and are difficult to please.

Singaporeans have irked many overseas with their boasting about the strong Singdollar and the country's efficient transport and public-health systems.

They like to draw comparisons without understanding others' background and circumstances.

Singaporeans are insensitive to others' feelings and frown on things which are not to their liking.

Worse still, they make their unhappiness publicly known.

Small wonder they are called "ugly Singaporeans" - a label which will stick for years to come.

I cannot agree more with the statement: "Singaporeans are a people whom many love to hate."

Mr Jeffrey Law Lee Beng

ho_seh_liow

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, KOREANS ARE THE WORST PEOPLE TO DEAL.
Not only that, Koreans are probably the rudest ppl on earth.
They behave like animals and beasts.

Singaporeans would complain but Koreans would punch you in the face and break down your store. See how they behave at demonstrations.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can only agree :(

Don't really know or care, I always travel free & easy :smile:

A few years ago I did buy a book written by a local about the Ugly Sporean, the stories recount the experiences from guides, travel agents, etc. It was hilarious. In Europe, many Sporeans of a travel group tried to steal the phones. In Japan, vendors would secure thair wares when Sporean tourist were known to be comming :biggrin:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps their inferior barbaric gene stock is to blame?

The British tried to tame you all for more a century, they being a polite and gracious people, but animals are animals.

You cannot teach manners to wild animals especially when their upbringing is inherently defective if not blatantly contrarian.

THE commentary, "My love-hate affair with my countrymen" (my paper,March 16), has again proven that Singapore's concerted efforts to drive home the paramount importance of graciousness have not achieved their desired results.

Singaporeans display their lack of social graces not only at home but also abroad, especially in neighbouring countries.

When asked which nationality is hardest to deal with, his spontaneous response was: Singaporeans.

They complain about petty issues, such as slow service in restaurants and hotels as well as transport delays.

Singaporeans have irked many overseas with their boasting about the strong Singdollar and the country's efficient transport and public-health systems.

They like to draw comparisons without understanding others' background and circumstances.

Singaporeans are insensitive to others' feelings and frown on things which are not to their liking.

Small wonder they are called "ugly Singaporeans" - a label which will stick for years to come.

I cannot agree more with the statement: "Singaporeans are a people whom many love to hate."

Mr Jeffrey Law Lee Beng

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps their inferior barbaric gene stock is to blame?

The British tried to tame you all for more a century, they being a polite and gracious people, but animals are animals.

You cannot teach manners to wild animals especially when their upbringing is inherently defective if not blatantly contrarian.

u never heard of british soccer hooligans??:confused:

ang mor tau kee again huh... chey..:oIo:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Expect to read more "ungracious sinkaporeans" in the ST for the next year.

Like how the Commie party prepped for Beijing 08, our gahmen is driving a courtesy campaign in preparation for the youth olympics.

Watch other regular ST forum writers like Ace Kindred Chong and Lionel De Souza write in to slam sinkaporean behaviour....

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr Jeffrey Law Lee Beng

When overseas, don't mention you are from singapore.

ho_seh_liow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe many people who have encountered them, would agree with you.

In Korea, when you knock into ppl coming in your direction, they never say sorry: they just give you a dirty look in return.
Pushing your way thru is very normal in Korea.

Cutting queue is part of KOREAN culture. Whenever, you are in line, some Koreans will cut in front of you to ask questions and block you from being served at counters. As if you are transparent.

Another one thing. When they know you are foreigner, they deliberately spit in front of you. Koreans are xenophobia.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, KOREANS ARE THE WORST PEOPLE TO DEAL.
Not only that, Koreans are probably the rudest ppl on earth.
They behave like animals and beasts.

Singaporeans would complain but Koreans would punch you in the face and break down your store. See how they behave at demonstrations.

Exactly a yr ago, i was on the boat to Haylong Bay. A korean from his gang watched the soccer from his laptop, connected with 2 speakers. The volume was so loud that 1 ang moh cannot tahan, asked that korean either to put on the headphone or lower the volume. Haha..

Z

Zombie

In Korea, when you knock into ppl coming in your direction, they never say sorry: they just give you a dirty look in return.
Pushing your way thru is very normal in Korea.

Cutting queue is part of KOREAN culture. Whenever, you are in line, some Koreans will cut in front of you to ask questions and block you from being served at counters. As if you are transparent.

Another one thing. When they know you are foreigner, they deliberately spit in front of you. Koreans are xenophobia.

And, if someone says Sinkies are very kiasu at buffet, they have not seen the Koreans in action. :biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me din encounter dose tings mentioned here wen me went 2 korea ... :p

but found dat ze younger generation in korea r much more polite than described here ...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe it is true, but why ? is it because of the rubbish from 154th media? or because singapore move on to first world, while the other still in their 3rd world shit hole.

ho_seh_liow

Alfrescian
Loyal
me din encounter dose tings mentioned here wen me went 2 korea ... :p

but found dat ze younger generation in korea r much more polite than described here ...

This is where I work, so I witness all these bad behaviour everyday. Singaporeans pale in comparison to the "champions" I see here.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
That idiot got just a Malaysian friend and he began to think that he can sprout his nonsense as if everyone will believe him. :rolleyes:

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe it is true, but why ? is it because of the rubbish from 154th media? or because singapore move on to first world, while the other still in their 3rd world shit hole.

I think many here may not have observed that when the top people in a company behave arrogantly and ungraciously, chances are the employees will tend to emulate them, thus making it a company "culture".

Singapore is "Singapore Incorporated". Our top leaders behave the same and the citizens are simply the result of the system they have created.

Any other views besides mine? You all are most welcome to discuss this interlectually.